“Smiling front desk staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Weekend Savings!
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Glendive, Montana
“Smiling front desk staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was my first visit to DC as an adult. I was there for a conference which was in the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted with a welcoming smile upon entering the hotel. I would have liked to have been given more information about the hotel ex;restaurant, fitness room, pool,Starbucks! However, this information is included in a notebook inside the room. I found the room with 2 double beds to be spacious and very clean. I was disappointed that although the weather was definitely "pool worthy" the pool was not "open" until Memorial Day weekend (about 5 days from my last day of stay). I did have a mishap with my door malfunctioning twice in one day. The maintainence worker was very pleasant and attempted to fix the problem by changing the batteries in the door. This appeared to solve the problem until I left the room the next time and again was unable to get in. In the end, a whole new locking mechanism was placed and I had no troubles with it afterwards. I appreciated the close (5 min walking) proximity to Crystal City and the variety of shopping and restaurants available there. The bed was outstanding in comfort and 4 pillows all to myself=heaven. The shuttle to the Reagan airport takes just minutes and is another valuable service.

Room Tip: My room was at the end of a hallway and I had no difficulty sleeping due to noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

A short walk to the Crystal City shopping area and Metro stop make this hotel a better choice than many. The restaurant was average but the hour were good for me when I got in late. Like others have indicated, the room was average, but clean.

The staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: When you get off at the Metro stop, look for signs that point to 15th. When you exit, veer to the le...
Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Stan E,

Thank you so much for choosing us as your preferred accommodation and for taking the time to share your nice comments after your recent visit with us.

It was real pleasure to learn that your stay with us was such a pleasant one. Your opinion, as every single guest, is very important to us and serves us as an advise, reward and motivation for the future.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and we hope to have another opportunity to be of service to you again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I found this hotel through Hotwire (or better, it found me, since I booked blindly), and I was very pleasantly surprised for the price-point. The room was spacious, good bed, well appointed, and quiet. The pool hadn't opened yet, the exercise room was fine though not spectacular, and the location was good enough. I wasn't using it as an airport hotel per se, but it works as a hotel for a stay in Washington DC, since the metro is quite close and the ride into the city is not very long.
For a 4-star property, I felt the amenities were a little lack-luster, which is why I won't give it 5 points. I was also unfortunate enough to be woken up by housekeeping when I had put the Do Not Disturb tag on the door (and it was my day of check-out, so clearly, somebody miscommunicated), but such things happen, i guess.
All that said, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: They have construction going on across the way, so I would ask to face away from the construction
Union, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel lobby is nice and updated but rooms could use a facelift.
Staff were friendly and helpful. There is a full service Starbucks on the 2nd floor of the hotel property which is an added plus!
The location is convenient to both Reagan National Airport and shopping/restaurants. The metro (Crystal City station) is nearby and connects to major parts of DC. The Fashion Mall is about a 15 min walk away or a five minute ride on Metro (1 stop away).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Armymanny:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay with us. We appreciate your help in identifying ways in which we can improve our hotel.

We are very glad to hear you were happy with the service you received at the Crowne Plaza National Airport. We pride ourselves on offering guests service that goes above and beyond – and we are always happy to hear when we are succeeding.

We are also happy to hear you enjoyed our central location, just minutes from Reagan National Airport, as well as numerous shops, restaurants, attractions, and public transportation options.

And while we are delighted to hear you like our lobby’s new look, I will pass on your comments regarding room conditions to management for reference. We want to offer guests the most fresh, up-to-date amenities whenever possible.

We hope to see you back again soon at the Crowne Plaza National Airport. If you would like any assistance setting up a future reservation, please feel free to contact me personally, at (703) 416-1600 or by email at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com.

Best,

Libby Vertz
Guest Relations
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have been here before. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle bus service to DCA Ronald Reagan National airport. The hotel is also within walking distance to the Crystal City Metro, which is another reason why I selected this hotel.

At the time I visited all hotel costs were at record high prices. The Crowne Plaza charged me $275 or $302 with taxes, which is rather expensive for this hotel. But it comes down to supply and demand. Bottom line I needed a hotel room for only one night and all other hotels were for more money.

My room 704 on the 7th floor was at the end of the hall way, which is what I prefer (highest floor away from elevator). Check out my pics of my room and the hotel. Being a member of the Priority Club I received complimentary full buffet breakfast, which was quite nice. I also received a complimentary cocktail, which I did not have time to use during my stay.

Bottom line is I like this hotel and would return if given a chance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Tony J,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards member and for writing us a review. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Service was amazing!! Shuttle always on time, complimentary late check out, complimentary bag storage, super clean, great location and nice staff. DEFINITELY going back! Super close to metro station and the neighborhood is just gorgeous.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Spent two nights here on a weekend baseball trip. Location is the best part of this hotel. There is an underground shopping area across the street with many bars/restaurants, a drug store. convenience store, etc. This is connected to the Metro which offers quick and easy access to the city via the Yellow line.

Service was very good. Hotel allowed us to check-in early which was nice as we arrived in the morning and wanted to check out some of the sights in DC before the 7:00 baseball game.

Rooms arent opulant, but I consider this hotel a very good all-around value for the money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport? Share your experiences!