“Best in Crystal City” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best in Crystal City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I travel with very low expectations of a hotel. However, this Crowne Plaza made me feel that I can be wrong. The hotel is very clean and simple, well appointed but nothing over-the top. The staffs on the other hand are top notch, they seem to be working for a luxury hotel with luxury service.

I can start by telling you about the shuttle. The best in town, they would accommodate you with happiness to go shopping and dine in the local area, just ask for it. Then later by just making a call they will pick you up. The drivers are very friendly.

The front desk staff is very professional yet not too snobby. The people who work the desk make you feel like celebrity. They treat you with respect and make you feel important, like they care about you.
The breakfast was good and the service better than the food. But you can ignore that by the incredible service and attentiveness we received.
Everyone here is amazing, I recommend to anyone to stay here. You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
nipiotrowska, Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Hello traveler_solo60864,
Of course we care about you! Our goal is to provide exceptional service to each individual guest so, we are very pleased that we were able to achieve that with your stay. We hope that staying with us you can expect more from other lodging.
We look forward to serving you again!
Crowne Plaza National Team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Managua, Nicaragua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

I was a guest at the Crowne Plaza in early December 2011. I would normally not take the time to write one of this review but after experiencing the high level of service provided by everyone, I felt that other people should know about my experience.

Arrived on a Saturday at Regan Airport (DCA) and a friendly driver came to pick me up who help me to get my luggage on the van but also with my older parents who required assistance getting on the shuttle. Mohamed, the driver then also when ahead to welcome us all to the area and as he drove through Crystal City he was telling us about restaurants and shopping. I thought it was excellent.

The front desk staff at check in provided us with metro maps and sold us the day passes for the next day DC trip we had planned. The staff took time to make sure we had everything we needed to make sure our trip was special. As first timers to the area they did make a difference by explaining clearly what we needed to do.

I first I thought we were dreaming all the excellent service we were receiving, what a treat! However, the next day my wife and I got back from a long day of touring and we found our room smelling fresh and perfectly made that were shock and realize this was no coincidence, it had to be a great operation behind the scene who makes this happen.

We stayed 3 nights and we had the most pleasant experience. We stayed at this hotel because of the price but after my experience I would come back even at a higher price. The breakfast rooms and the Potomac bar and Grille are fine but they feel they are not part of the hotel. The front desk staff really tries to sell it but when you go in it feel different. The food was fine and it is still convenient to have an option at the hotel.

The local shopping and restaurants are nice and they provide shuttle service upon request. They even drove us to a near by catholic church and then later they came to pick us up.

We will be back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Hello Luis A,
It is reviews as yours that make a difference to our travels in helping them choose Crowne Plaza National Airport as their lodging. We are very pleased to hear that we have exceed your expectations during your stay, our team works very hard on providing exceptional service to each individual guest. We will be sure to share your review with our Crown Plaza National Team!
We look forward to serving you again!
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

This hotel is about a mile from Reagan airport. Very convenient and in a nice area. Many airports are located in not so nice areas with higher gas prices when returning rental cars. Not so with this location. It also has a restaurant and bar in the lobby. The food was average and a little overpriced but it is a Crowne Plaza in a downtown location. I am a platinum member and the front desk can sometimes waive my parking fee as one of the perks but not the case here which was a little disappointing. Overall, would stay again since I got a pretty good rate on it on the weekend of the Army Navy game.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Hi jjscott,
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our property, Crowne Plaza National, during the Army Navy game! We hope that all of our guests see the perks and benefits of becoming a platinum member!
Thanks for staying with us, we look forward to serving you again!
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Unfortunately, I have to stay at this hotel fairly often as my company provides my lodging when I'm in the DC area. During many of my recent stays I have experienced small (apple seed) sized bugs crawling (or dead) on the beds and surrounding areas and have had to change my room numerous times. The front desk claims that they are not "Bed Bugs" but couldn't tell me what they were. In my opinion, if they are in my bed, they are "Bed Bugs". Regardless of what type of bug they are, this hotel has some type of infestation and needs to address the problem.

I suggest you do a thorough search (under mattress and bedskirt) of your bed and surrounding areas when you stay in any hotel and especially if you are staying at the Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
nipiotrowska, Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Dear JetBlueDriver,

We, Crowne Plaza National Airport, wish to offer our sincere apologies in this unfortunate experience. Please know that as soon as this was brought to the attention of guest services we immediately investigated the claim. A third party inspection crew, Steritch, came in to thoroughly examine each room and reported no sign of bed bugs but small lady bug in one of the rooms.
Crowne Plaza National takes such cases very seriously working diligently through each investigation to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
Again, we extend our sincerest apologies for this inconvenience during your stay. We do hope of having the pleasure of serving you again.

Regards,
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stay here for work. The Hotel is nice and clean. Not a 4 star hotel, but good enough for me while I'm working.
I posted couple of pictures so you can see for yourself.
The beds are very confortable and clean. Loooove the spray they give you for the linens. :-)
The staf is very friendly and welcoming.
They have a shuttle that will pick you up at the Airport (DCA) and they are very good about that.

Very good location... tons of restaurants around and only one block from the metro. That, my friends, is very convenient.

It may need a little update, especially the Restaurant downstairs, but their staff is super friendly and they will makle you feel at home. I ordered a steak Medium and it was very over cooked, but she was so nice that I did not complaint.

If you need to stay in Crystal City or just for couple of nights near the Airport, this is a good hotel to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hello Fllblueguy,

Thanks for your review on our hotel, Crowne Plaza National Airport, on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff and amenities suited to your needs. Due to our convenient location to the Nation’s Capitol we hope that you found time to sightsee all the wonderful monuments and museums.
We hope that next time you’re visiting Crystal City, Virginia or Washington, D.C. you decide to stay with Crowne Plaza National!

Looking forward to serving you again!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza NAtional Airport for two nights on a business trip to DC last week. At first I was bummed that I wasn't staying in DC where we usually do, but this worked out well.

The hotel is clean and modern. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly and extended my checkout to 2PM to accommodate my late flight.

The rooms had quiet, working A/C and all the modern conveniences - Internet/Iron/Flat Screen TV/Outlets/etc.

There was also a full Starbucks on the second floor of the hotel.

Within 2 minutes of walking, there was a large mall, a METRO stop (Crystal City Station), and a row of restaurants. One of those, Neramitra, is a Thai restaurant that I also reviewed on TripAdvisor and it was great. Within a 10 minute walk was Kabob Palace, another place I reviewed on TripAdvisor that was fantastic.

The hotel gym was adequate. It had an elliptical, treadmill, some dumbbells and some universal machines. The equipment was clean and functional.

Our taxi ride to Georgetown in DC was less than 10 minutes each day and the METRO would have been just as quick and cheaper. I'd happily stay here again if my company books me here.

Room Tip: Further from the elevators is quieter, in my opinion.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
nipiotrowska, Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Hello Danield528,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on Crowne Plaza National on Tripadvisor! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We hope that during your business trip in the D.C. and VA area you were able to explore the Nation’s Capital.
Looking forward to serving you again!

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for two nights, Friday and Saturday. The hotel itself is well maintained and very clean. The staff is pretty nice. However, room service is only available until 10:00 PM which I thought was a little odd. Also, the hotel is not really near anything that is within walking distance to visit. There is a metro stop not far from the hotel which makes it easy to get places. I would recommend this place if you're visiting on business, if you're here with family, i would try to stay somewhere closer to attractions or even restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: We stayed in a junior suite next to the elevator. I believe all the junior suites are next to the e...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
nipiotrowska, Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Greetings MLEEUNDERWOOD,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza National Airport hotel in Crystal City, Virginia, the heart of Arlington! With a short metro ride the Crowne Plaza National is located near the Nation’s Capital and all the attractions, just 3 miles from downtown Washington, DC including all the historical monuments and memorials, and White House. Although, our room service is available till 10 p.m. the hotel restaurant ‘Potomac Bar and Grille’ welcomes guests until midnight.

We hope that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again!

Crowne Plaza National Team!

Been to Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport? Share your experiences!