“Friendly & Clean” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, Florida
“Friendly & Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights. The staff was friendly from the start. The first night was a little uncomfortable due to the extreme heat wave. Feeling like 122 degrees, we were assigned a king room on the top floor of the hotel. We tried to rough it the first night but, the next morning we told the front desk how uncomfortable we were. Right away, they have someone at our room ready to move our things with news room keys. It was on room 315 and a king suite. Not only did they upgrade our room, we recieved 2 complimentary full breakfasts. We did not put up a huge stink about changing our room or to even receive any "extras". We were absolutely pleased.
The last night, we attended a reunion dinner at the hotel and was taken away by the table linens and how nice everything looked. It was beautiful. The only thing I would suggest the hotel take an interest in improving is the food. While not airplane food, they do need a serious food and menu change. I would suggest not eating the hotel food.
But, other than that, I would stay again just to receive the freindly service.

Room Tip: book in advance and stay on lower floor.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
nipiotrowska, Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Hello MDC03,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza National in Crystal City, VA! We are happy that we were able to accommodate you and your family during your stay. Our staff has been working diligently on the AC at the hotel as the heat wave has affected everyone in the surrounding area.

Our Event and Catering specialist do a great job with all social events that take place at the Crowne Plaza National, with special attention to detail the venue is beautifully transformed so it makes us happy that you got a sneak peak!

We are currently working on improving our menu and food options at Crowne Plaza National as we are lucky to have a new Chef join the team! We apologize that the changes have not been fully implemented but hopefully on your next visit you’ll be able to enjoy the fine fair!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel, Crowne Plaza National, on TripAdvisor. We take this feedback very seriously as it is used as a tool in improving our guest services!

Kindly,

273 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Pros: Comfortable bed and convenience to Crystal City Metro.

Cons: Poor AC in rooms. Exercise facility not well maintained at all (water cooler wasn't refilled for three days and AC was turned to a dangerously minimal level). Narrow rooms. Hotel operator/front desk answers phone at a rate of 20%, even during 9am-5pm hours!

Dear iceman1313,

I’d like to apologize for your dissatisfaction with our hotel. Our Crowne Plaza National team works very hard on pleasing all of our guests and accommodating them every best way. Due to the heat wave this summer our team has been working diligently to keep our guests cool. We do hope that you addressed these concerns to guest services so they can better accommodate and make your stay more enjoyable.

We have escalated these concerns to our team members and appropriate action followed. Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel, Crowne Plaza National, on TripAdvisor. We take this feedback very seriously as it is used as a tool in better serving our guests.

We do hope that next time you are in Crystal City, VA that you choose to stay with us!

Kind Regards,
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is my second stay in this hotel. I only stayed there this trip because it was the only hotel I could find in Crystal City that had a Federal Government rate to attend a 3-day meetng. I had stayed in this property back in the late 90s when we had to book rooms via Army Lodging Success.

First for the 2 positives: Food - the bar's $5 cheeseburger was AWESOME and the room service club sandwich was also above average. Shuttle Service - was able to use this in the mornings to take me to the building near the airport where my meeting was being held.

The negatives: The rooms are incredibly tiny. My room reeked of mildew smell. Everytime you flushed the toilet, the smell of sewer gas would all but knock you over. The bathroom was so tiny that the basic wall-mounted hair dryer's cord hung in the sink. There was very little room to place your toiletries. I was in a handicap room and the floor flooded everytime I showered and there was no place in the shower to put your soap or hair products. I am hanicapped but not in a wheel chair. The lip into and out of the bathroom was horrble and I tripped everytime I went in there. There is only one phone and in the handicap room it was on a table on on the side of the bed closest to the wall. I'm not sure one could even have gotten a wheelchair to the phone! The sony CD clock has a cord that is screwed into the outlet. I had to unplug it to be able to plug in my smartphone to have it by my bedside.

The elevators are also incredibly small.

I've stayed in several different hotels in Crystal City and in future, if this is the only one available, I will gladly stay further out and get a rental car.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
nipiotrowska, Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Dear RocketCity Starbuck,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel, Crowne Plaza National Airport, on TripAdvisor. We do our best to accommodate each traveler by offering special rates and quality service.
We apologize for your dissatisfaction with the room during your stay. We have brought the plumbing issues to the attention of guest services and they are working hard on correcting the problem, but we do hope you’ve done that same as we strive to give every guest a pleasurable experience and one that makes our guests want to return to our hotel. Please note, that all handicapped/ wheelchair accessible rooms are designed accordingly by the regulations and standards of the Federal Law, OSHA.
We take each review seriously as it serves as a tool in improving our service. We hope that next time you are traveling through the area you choose us to stay with us, Crowne Plaza National Airport.

Crowne Plaza National Airport Team!
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed here as a family of 5 with 3 teenage kids. We had 2 rooms. The hotel was good and we could walk to the metro (there was also a courtesy bus). The staff were helpful and friendly. Thre was a good gym and an outdoor pool. There was a Starbucks on site if you had not booked breakfast. Crystal shppomg centes nearby had good places to eat; the courtesy bus will take you there if its hot - but if its cool you can walk.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
nipiotrowska, Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear karen.simpson,

Thank you for staying with us, at the Crowne Plaza National Airport in Crystal City, VA. We hope your stay was pleasant and memorable as we work very hard to make every guest feel like at home.

We are excited that you and your family were able to take advantage of our many amenities! Amongst all the shopping and great places to eat we hope you had time to sightsee the Nation’s Capitol!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel, Crowne Plaza National Airport, on TripAdvisor. We take this feedback very seriously as it is a valuable tool in improving our services.

We look forward in serving you and your family again! Visit soon!

Quito, Ecuador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

1.- Cost internet 10.75
2.- Cost parking 21.00
3.- No including breakfast
All those cost do expensive this hotel
The hotel is beautiful, nice people, very clean, friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
nipiotrowska, Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Hello Marcrino,

Thank you for staying with us, at the CrownePlaza National Airport in Crystal City, VA. We hope your stay was pleasant and memorable as we work very hard to make every guest feel like at home.

I’m sorry that you felt our charges seemed unfair to you. Due to our location, convenience to Reagan National Airport and close proximity to Washington, D.C. attractions, we charge for parking and internet, as all hotels in the area do. Compared to our competitors in the area we have customer friendly parking prices as we know the importance of this fee to our guest. That being said, please do accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, CrownePlaza National Airport, on TripAdvisor. We take each review seriously as it serves as a tool in improving our service. We hope that next time you and your family are traveling through the area you choose us to stay with us, CrownePlaza National Airport.

The CrownePlaza National Airport team!
Saranac Lake, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. The people are fantastic! A great staff!! However, I have two complaints. The most important is the internet connection. I HAVE TO HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION. I did not have one. I later learned that my colleagues staying in other rooms at the same time I was there DID have a fast connection, mine would not load pages!!! I was connected but it was like being on OLD dial up! I could not surf anywhere. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

My second complaint is the price of parking my car!!! If I am staying at the hotel I should get a major discounted price for parking!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
wilkersonj, Sales Coordinator at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Greetings,
I would like to thank you for your review on our hotel, Crowne Plaza National Airport, on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate hearing what is on our guests' minds, as we are always trying to better our service to you, the guest. The hotel would like to take this opportunity and sincerely apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with our hotel.

Having said that, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with the in-room internet connection. We are addressing this issue and know the value of getting our wireless strength strong is every single guest room.

As for parking, we are sorry to hear that the price seemed unfair to you. Because of our location to the metro and to the District of Columbia, we charge for parking, just as all other hotels in the area do. We like to pride our selves on having customer friendly parking prices compared to our competitors around the area because we know the importance of this fee to our guest.

We strive to give every guest a memorable experience and one that makes our guests want to return to our hotel. We appreciate the feedback; we will use it constructively to improve our services.

Thank you, again!

The Crowne Plaza National Airport Team
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The location is excellent, being able to walk to the Metro was a plus. The staff was friendly and we really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The food was excellent !!! I would highly recommend anyone visiting DC to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
wilkersonj, Sales Coordinator at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank you so much for your stay and informative review on our hotel and restaurant. We are pleased to know that our great location and goal to excel in customer service, was a plus and appreciated by you and your husband.

We hope that you had a wonderful vacation in Washington, DC and look forward to servicing you again next time you are in the area.

The Crowne Plaza National Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport? Share your experiences!