“Last Minute July 4th Stop” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Chaos
“Last Minute July 4th Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed here on a whim on our drive back from Florida on July 4th. It was very clean, well priced, and the location (with DC fireworks in mind) was excellent. The staff were the best part of our stay. They were very helpful in advising our family of the best way to view the fireworks, and DC transpiration. They were also very helpful when we needed help with our room air conditioner.
We had a king bed room with a pullout couch. These rooms seem to be located adjacent to the wall of the ice machine and elevators on each floor. I was a little nervous that we would hear noise through the wall due to this placement, but we did not. The room worked perfectly for us. The proximity of this hotel to nice restaurants is convenient, and the Metro station is in walking distance. There was also ample parking connected to the rear entrance of the hotel lobby.

2 Thank 2inTow

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for one night, found the staff to be courteous, and the room to be clean. Finishes could use updated for the prices that were charged. Stopped by the bar for a night-cap - decent beverage selection at reasonable prices.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Douglas E
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was visiting Washington on business for 5 days I conveniently arrived 4 short blocks from the hotel by metro direct to from the airport.
The lobby is a great place to work and the rooftop pool made for a relaxing get away.
I enjoyed one of the best omelettes I have ever had in the onsite restaurant My only complaint was in my first room the AC was spotty but the folks at the front desk (who were friendly and professional) immediately transferred me and everything was fine.
Summary; I enjoyed the area Arlington Memorial Cemetery and other historical monuments a short metro ride away and the staff was exceptional

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
Don C, Manager at Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and for your kind comments about our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Went there for a 2 nights stay with 2 kids. Room needs renovation but was clean. Perfect location, quick walk to the metro and lots of things around. very friendly staff. Nice pool with lifeguards. Take note you have to pay for parking. Beds were comfortable.

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank jeepmtl
Rishon Le Zion, HaMerkaz, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I visited HI Ballston with thew family.for vacation.
Good place and easy to take metro to Washington.
Prices are reasonable but for breakfast you have to pay (even if you are platinum level...). This was OK as the variety around for food is great.
Quite place and clean.the view from the room is limited even if you face to the main street.
The hotel stuff are smiley and welcoming.

Room Tip: Close to the metro (10 minutes walk)
1 Thank Rafael K
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I accompanied my husband on his buisness trip. This is a clean hotel. The front desk staff was very helpful. The cleaning staff very friendly. We LOVE the bartender, Roberto! I left behind a set of earrings but called as soon as I thought of them. They not only found them but are holding for husband to pick up on his next trip. Wonderful experience!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My daughter and I chose this location as our home base for a long weekend of sight-seeing in DC. I wanted a place close to a metro station, and one that could guarantee me a room with two double beds. I was unfamiliar with Ballston, so candidly, there were other hotels at other locations that I would have preferred, but they couldn't guarantee the kind of room I wanted.

This one could, so we took it. While it is near the metro, I'd say it's a bit further away than some have described; maybe more like 4 or 5 blocks. That's still not bad, but you do feel the last few blocks walking from the metro after a long day of walking around DC. Having said that, its proximity to the interstate makes it easy to get there by car. And it's in a good, safe, quiet, pleasant area that's very walkable at night and has decent restaurants nearby.

The room was clean (mostly) and comfortable, including the bed and linens. I noticed some of the wallpaper was old and starting to come loose, and I also noticed an off-putting smudge on the wall that was either ketchup or blood! But it was small, and I didn't complain.

I agree with those who said that breakfast was good, but a little on the expensive side. But if you're in a hurry, it's the way to go. IHOP is down the street near the metro, but it's a little slower, and really not much cheaper.

I want to commend the staff at this location. They were professional and welcoming always, and even gave us free band aids when my daughter developed a blister on her foot.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family