“Cool location great staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Montreal, Canada
“Cool location great staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was visiting Washington on business for 5 days I conveniently arrived 4 short blocks from the hotel by metro direct to from the airport.
The lobby is a great place to work and the rooftop pool made for a relaxing get away.
I enjoyed one of the best omelettes I have ever had in the onsite restaurant My only complaint was in my first room the AC was spotty but the folks at the front desk (who were friendly and professional) immediately transferred me and everything was fine.
Summary; I enjoyed the area Arlington Memorial Cemetery and other historical monuments a short metro ride away and the staff was exceptional

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Don C, Manager at Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and for your kind comments about our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Went there for a 2 nights stay with 2 kids. Room needs renovation but was clean. Perfect location, quick walk to the metro and lots of things around. very friendly staff. Nice pool with lifeguards. Take note you have to pay for parking. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rishon Le Zion, HaMerkaz, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I visited HI Ballston with thew family.for vacation.
Good place and easy to take metro to Washington.
Prices are reasonable but for breakfast you have to pay (even if you are platinum level...). This was OK as the variety around for food is great.
Quite place and clean.the view from the room is limited even if you face to the main street.
The hotel stuff are smiley and welcoming.

Room Tip: Close to the metro (10 minutes walk)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I accompanied my husband on his buisness trip. This is a clean hotel. The front desk staff was very helpful. The cleaning staff very friendly. We LOVE the bartender, Roberto! I left behind a set of earrings but called as soon as I thought of them. They not only found them but are holding for husband to pick up on his next trip. Wonderful experience!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My daughter and I chose this location as our home base for a long weekend of sight-seeing in DC. I wanted a place close to a metro station, and one that could guarantee me a room with two double beds. I was unfamiliar with Ballston, so candidly, there were other hotels at other locations that I would have preferred, but they couldn't guarantee the kind of room I wanted.

This one could, so we took it. While it is near the metro, I'd say it's a bit further away than some have described; maybe more like 4 or 5 blocks. That's still not bad, but you do feel the last few blocks walking from the metro after a long day of walking around DC. Having said that, its proximity to the interstate makes it easy to get there by car. And it's in a good, safe, quiet, pleasant area that's very walkable at night and has decent restaurants nearby.

The room was clean (mostly) and comfortable, including the bed and linens. I noticed some of the wallpaper was old and starting to come loose, and I also noticed an off-putting smudge on the wall that was either ketchup or blood! But it was small, and I didn't complain.

I agree with those who said that breakfast was good, but a little on the expensive side. But if you're in a hurry, it's the way to go. IHOP is down the street near the metro, but it's a little slower, and really not much cheaper.

I want to commend the staff at this location. They were professional and welcoming always, and even gave us free band aids when my daughter developed a blister on her foot.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

The room was neat, tidy, and the daily cleaning staff kept it perfectly clean throughout our stay--not easy with four people. The desk staff were friendly and always eager to help us. The restaurant staff were exceptional, and the food was excellent. A special shoutout goes to "Sr. B," the waiter who politely let my daughter practice her Spanish with him each morning. We greatly appreciated Mohammed, the van driver, who dropped us off and picked us up a couple of times. We also enjoyed the pool each evening and the presence of a lifeguard. This hotel is within walking distance to the metro, a mall, and many other shopping needs. Our family members arrived by train and airplane and never had to use a car at all, making this a truly relaxing vacation. The rooms were nice and the hotel is well-maintained. It was a great place to stay while visiting the DC sights. However, it's the the staff who are the real stars and who make this well-run hotel such a great place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel was clean, fairly modern. Its what I've come to expect at a Holiday Inn, but a slight bit better than most. Free breakfast for being a Holiday Inn IHG member. Lots of nice restaurants just around the corner. Its right there right off the freeway, and I passed it when I first arrived.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston? Share your experiences!