“Good deal for a DC visit” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
“Good deal for a DC visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Took a weekend trip to the DC area, and wanted to be in Arlington to visit a friend. I found this hotel online and was very worried about the accommodations because the rate was so good, but it was a great deal! The room was large and bedding was very comfortable. Even though it's a busy area it was very quiet. Some of the furnishings are a little beaten up, but that would be the only possible negative about the facilities. Other negatives: if you have a car there is a hefty daily parking fee which is disappointing; and there is a 2 block walk to the Metro. Not a horrible thing, definitely a safe walk, but if the weather is bad that is unpleasant. We didn't try the restaurant or bar, but both are on site and seemed to be very nice. Staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Our room overlooking parking lot and was near elevators but we were not bothered by noise at all.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Niteroi, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I travel to Arlington around 3 or 4 times a year and always stay at this hotel. It is a few blocks from the metro and the neighborhood is very nice. There are lots of good restaurants around. The rooms are very good and everything is always working well. Staff is very friendly and professional. There is a gym room that is opened 24 hours a day. I don't use the restaurant as I prefer to go to a Starbucks nearby, but I used the room service and it is good.

Room Tip: There are non-smoking floors, so be specific when you do your reservation.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lanagoncalo
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have lived near this hotel for 30 years and I am pleased to see it does not show its age. I stayed for a few nights while I was packing my house to move. My room was clean, comfortable and the hotel staff are polite and helpful. You do have to pay for parking but that is not uncommon for the DC area.

I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I love this location and the friendly staff. the hotel is beautiful, clean and the staff are so very helpful.

The hotel courtesy van will drop you off and pick you up from restaurants and nearby attractions and Metro stop is close too.

I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure trips

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bonn, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at the Holiday Inn several times over the past few years, I opted to return on a recent business trip. This trip I found that the hotel staff continue to be enthusiastic and helpful, although the hotel no longer maintains toiletries for those who have forgotten some item. I was assigned a room with double beds on a lower floor, which often can be noisier than those at higher floors. The room was quiet, but the room furnishings were somewhat tired. The bedding had seen better days, with very soft and "pliable" mattresses, and thin duvees. The heating unit only seemed to work when the temperature was manually adjusted upwards, by only a single degree. The decorations are now a bit dated, with a more spartan bathroom setup. The hotel offers the traveler the option of reusing the towels to save water usage. But, even when towels are hung up as requested to indicate their continued use, the cleaning staff changes them out, anyway. The quality of accommodation for the price is probably average for this part of the DC area. But, much better rooms for the price can be found almost anywhere except, maybe, New York and other major cities.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LopingianTravels
Wayne B, Manager at Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Lopingian Travel,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Auburn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed 3 nights between Christmas and New Years. The hotel is convenient to Metro station as well as restaurants and bars. The King room we had was spacious and comfortable. We did have to request coffee supplies each day, as housekeeping did not adequately replenish supplies. Be prepared to pay an additional $14 per night for parking.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy H
Collesalvetti
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during a meeting of my company also held there. The room was pretty large and the service was ok, however the hotel is a little bit "old" with regards to the forniture. In my opinion meals were not good enough for a 5 stars hotel; more fresh food and variety is an easy way to improve. In summary I would give to ths structure 3 or 4 stars not 5.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank francixCollesalvetti
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear francixCollesalvetti,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms okay and service up t par with your expectations. On the other hand, I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.