“Friendly services” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Kathmandu, Nepal
“Friendly services”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was staying there from 3 Nov till 9 Nov 2013. Front desk staff are very helpful in providing information about dining place and other, providing information on travel and trains, booking taxis etc. I have opportunity meet two staffs (Sandra and Vera) every evening after returning back in the hotel - who were very helpful and supporting to my requests.

Options available in breakfast for vegetarian was little limited

Room Tip: Choose a room away from elevator and fifth floor or above to get best view and less noise
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here for two nights during a list minute getaway to D.C. We chose this hotel based on its location to the metro and other positive reviews, and we were not disappointed! The staff was one the of the friendliest staff I have encountered lately. Everyone from the front desk, to the shuttle driver had a smile on their face. We arrived earlier the expected and they were more then accommodating in allowing us to check in early. They offer a shuttle, which we didn't use, but is a nice touch. The metro is only 4 blocks away. The rooms were very comfortable, clean and spacious. The k-cup machine was a plus! If I were to come back to DC, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I am a frequent traveler, mostly on business...Here on vacation, my priority club status was recognized and I was provided an upgrade to my reservation without asking. The service at the front desk was great with directions and recommendations without hesitation. The food at the restaurant was good, but there are plenty of restaurants near the hotel and the staff did not hesitate to offer suggestions.
The nearby Metro station served us well to the Washington tourist attractions as well as the Kennedy Center.
Special praise for the drivers that seemed always available to take us anywhere...always with a smile and a very positive attitude. Special thanks to Mohammed, one of the drivers, who provided several good restaurants ideas & always carried a smile with him.
Overall, with this hotel, We had a very good experience and a great base for our Washington DC vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Arlington last summer for business and returned again this November. I remember why I returned... Great Staff!!! Sanda and her supervisor, Vera, went out of their way to accomadate my request. I called Sanda and requested special work station for when I have to work late from the hotel. When I arrived later that evening, Sanda provided me keys to the room that had workstation I requested earlier in the day. I have stayed at the hotel across the street, but keep coming back to the Holiday Inn Arlington because of the great staff!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Worcester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was staying there for three nights but checked out after just two. The second night, I pulled down the sheets to crawl into bed and found 7-8 bugs crawling around on the sheets.

I called down to the front desk, and they moved me down the hall to another room. They brought my suitcase to the new room despite my indicating that my things may have bugs in them as they were in the infested room for over 24 hours. He said 'you're all set, you're good.' I brought them down to the front desk indicating I want them cleaned. The night supervisor, Vera, stated she went up and didn't see anything. And only cleaned my things after I insisted that I saw several bugs. Suggesting seeing one or two bugs would not be a big deal. I am unsettled by this as I wonder if they would have just released the room and put another guest in there..

The next day I along with 5 colleagues checked out and headed down the street to another hotel. The hotel claimed they were not bed bugs, but never provided me with a pest control report, despite indicating that I would receive one. The hotel manager said they would not charge me for the either night, but my credit card statement says differently.

I tried calling the hotel to sort it all out. But I was accused of being confrontational and that was why I never saw a receipt for my stay, the promised pest control report, or a letter of apology.

My colleague can vouch that these accusations are simply untrue and they were just making excuses. The front desk person who checked me in and who I checked out with were very nice. But my experience otherwise was unacceptable.

Not having any documentation to show what the bugs were, I drycleaned the majority of my clothes when I arrived home ($150), threw away and replaced my suitcase ($250), and went out and replaced the clothes and shoes that I threw away in fear of bringing bugs into my home. The least they could do in the name of customer service is comp the stay. But they insist that giving me reward points and comping the night when bugs were found (didn't sleep at all that night) is the best they could do. Trust me, won't be redeeming those points ANY time soon.

Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013
Wayne B, Manager at Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear: Yrhonor7,
I apologize that you feel we did not handle your situation properly. We are hospitality professionals who strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time. We are truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. As you indicated on your second night you found bugs in your room, our staffs responded and determine they were not harmful. This was confirmed by our license exterminator who identified them as being flour beetles. Per our phone conversation prior to you leaving town, your cloths were cleaned and your luggage treated. It was our understanding that you were refunded for one night and given the 20,000 priority club points as requested. Again, we apologize for not meeting your expectation. Thank you for sharing your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Brighton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a very good business stay for three nights at the Holiday Inn.

The staff at this hotel was excellent; in many regards, they were right there to help, and super friendly. This included the housekeeping staff, who met my request for extra coffee above (and beyond!!!) each day.

The rooms themselves are comfortable, although not necessarily spectacularly decorated. It appeared that the decor in the rooms was a bit outdated, but it was very clean, and otherwise in good shape. The bed was extremely comfortable, with six pillows of varying firmness on a king-size bed. The rooms were also quiet; I'm used to a lot of hallway and neighboring room noise, but this was surprisingly absent during this stay.

The lobby and lounge area is also very modern and well decorated. Although I didn't eat at the restaurant or order food at the lounge, the staff there was very accommodating on using the tables.

The location of the hotel is excellent. There were many dining options within a less than 10 minute walk (in some instances much closer), and only a three-block walk to a Metro station.

The price was pretty expensive (seemed the whole area was). There are other hotel options very close, but I'm not sure of the price comparisons. The Holiday Inn definitely suited my needs fine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kailua Kona, HI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. Easy check in. Easy walking distance to the Metro into DC but there also is a shuttle on demand, meaning they go when you want and not on their schedule. Room was clean and well maintained. Lots of outlets for the electronic gear. Lots of restaurants nearby and complimentary coffee for the Priority Club members in the morning. Parking for a price but was given 1/2 off due to Priority Club membership.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston? Share your experiences!