“A Tremendous Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Weekend Savings!
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
“A Tremendous Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I was extremely impressed with this hotel. This was my 3rd major adventure this year. I've been to Santa Fe, Orlando, and just recently DC. The good people at the Holiday Inn Arlington at Ballston helped make this trip memorable.

After a long flight from Denver to Reagan National Airport, it was easy navigating the metro to the Ballston station which is about. 10 minute walk from station to hotel. It was a safe walk and there are plenty of places to eat along the way.

The people who work at the hotel are amazing. The front desk ladies and gentlemen will do anything to accommodate you. My girlfriend sliced her finger while unpacking luggage and we deserpately needed a band aide. The lady at the front desk worked hard to find a is a few band aides.

The rooms are very nice. A little dated with the design but we spent very little time in our room. House keeping did a fantastic job. I deeply appreciated their hard work and their friendliness.

All and all, I rate this hotel a 10 out of 10. I would recommend to anyone who is site seeing DC like we did over Labor Day weekend.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
ATLANTA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We needed a hotel close to where our children live. The Holiday Inn had the best prices with good reviews so we booked it. Very pleasant staff, nice lobby, clean spacious rooms. Did not use the restaurant, although it did look nice. Workout room is good. Pool for dipping not for swimming. would definitely use it again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I do not normally write reviews of hotels. However my recent stay at they Holiday Inn at Ballston was exceptional. The check-in attendant was so friendly and attentive. The level of service for the breakfast was outstanding. The room was spacious clean, and quiet. I could easily control the temperature to my needs. Great stay for a tired business traveler. Thanks to the entire staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn while on business in the area and the week started off very badly, during my stay there were some difficulties encountered at the hotel that made what was already a bad weekend even worse. I brought this attention to the hotel manager Janet Youngstrom and her staff member Felix, and within a matter of minutes everything was completely turned around.

They both made a very possible bad situation turn into a great one. I was treated very professionally, and everything was handled promptly. If you are ever looking at staying in the area I would recommend the Holiday Inn, it is not as upscale as the hotels I am accustomed to for a business, but the facilities are clean and the hotel staff are unmatched in the industry.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I wanted a hotel close to Reagan airport (because taxi fares add up!) and close to the Metro. This hotel is 3 blocks from Ballston station, and that is 8 stops to the Smithsonian and the Mall.
There are a lot of restaurants and shops that you can walk to on the way to Ballston.

The hotel is outdated, including the rooms. They were repairing the elevator when we were there. The room was pretty roomy though, a king size bed with a chair and a table. The bathroom was big too. The room had a small fridge and we kept our snacks and water there. No microwave though. The room and bathroom were very clean.

There was a pool on the second floor. I went to see it and it was small but clean. I would have use it if I had more time.

There is no free breakfast. We ate there a couple of times, it was OK, but I thought it was pricey for what it was. You can either pick hot buffet, cold buffet or a la carte. The food was eggs, fruit, yogurt and pancakes.

I would stay here again, we were out all day and just needed a place to sleep.

Room Tip: Even though we stayed in a room facing the street, it was quiet. I'm not sure if that is true du...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
York, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was a very clean, slightly dated hotel that was in a great location for DC sightseeing.
Bed was very comfortable, good shower, Keurig coffee maker in the room. Would definitely stay here again. Parking fee of $14 for our 24 hour stay.

Room Tip: 2nd floor had a gym and access to a pool, so too much foot traffic We stayed on the 3rd floor, and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Radford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I travel to Arlington for business frequently and usually stay at this hotel. The staff are friendly and the rooms are always clean. On my last visit the power was out for the first night. They were kind enough to explain the problem to me and set me up in a suite at a hotel down the street. Provided transportation as well. Be sure to stop by the bar during happy hour. The bartender is great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston? Share your experiences!