The photo looks like the building is modern steel and class...that's the building behind the Holiday Inn. The photo of the exercise room makes it look like more than it is...four aging machines. The internet is scandalous. Free, but no bandwidth. I had a family emergency overseas and couldn't use skype because the internet is so puny. The windows "open"...but only four inches and you need to apply a lot of force. The rooms are worn out. I sent email a week ahead and said I'd need a quiet room with a good chair because I'd be working for a couple of days in the hotel: I got a room next to the elevator, on Glebe, where the traffic and construction are nonstop, and the chair was painful. I wouldn't mind if the proprietors were straightforward and said, look, we're an older hotel and we'll charge less because of it, and if you want all the modern amenities go elsewhere; but instead they make it look better than it is, and that's misleading.
All that said, the hotel is clean and the staff is pleasant.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston Hotel Arlington
- Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston Hotel
- Holiday Inn Ballston
- Holiday Inn Arlington
- Arlington Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spring into value! The Holiday Inn Arlington hotel, conveniently located off I-66 East, is just 4 miles from Washington, DC (6 from DCA) in the thriving Ballston neighborhood of North Arlington. You ll find the National Science Foundation, the Nature Conservancy, AES, CACI, Global Knowledge, Accenture, and ESI within several blocks of the hotel, along with many restaurants, shopping, Macy s, and the Kettler Capitals IcePlex. It s easy to access the White House, Smithsonian museums, Zoo and the National Mall via the Metro, just 3 blocks from the Holiday Inn Arlington. Our friendly shuttle drivers will whisk you to any location within a 1-mile radius of the hotel. All guest rooms have one king or two queen beds, free high-speed Internet (wired), free refrigerators, and free coffee. We also offer a fitness center, gift shop, free business services, an outdoor pool, and a spacious parking lot with reasonable prices. Dine in our restaurant, pamper yourself with room service, or experience our airy, contemporary lounge with free Wi-Fi and plasma TVs. Our 5,000 sf of attractive function space is perfect for weddings and meetings from 10 to 300 guests.This hotel in Arlington, VA is near Georgetown, Tysons Corner, Pentagon City, Old Town Alexandria, and Arlington National Cemetery. We re also a straight shot from Dulles Airport (IAD).The Holiday Inn Arlington -- a great value for visitors to DC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.