“Recent remodeling of an older hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Ellijay, Georgia
“Recent remodeling of an older hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

. . . very well done . . . until you get to the bathroom. Everything looked freshly very well done but they chose just put white caulk over the old moldy caulk. Ruined the whole effort. Other than that a great room at a great price at a great location. And they had free under ground parking which was unusual for the surrounding hotels. Within walking distance of Georgetown, the Marine Corp monument and even the Lincoln monument and the Mall if you had good walking shoes. Short order cafe on 1st floor and upscale restaurant on the top floor. McDonalds a block and a half away. We needed to stay in this immediate area and this was the best choice that we found and we would stay there again.

We missed not having the in-room coffee the first night but then found the pot and all the supplies put away in a cabinet. That was a little strange.

Don't let my comments on the bathroom turn you away. I am in the building/remodeling business and was just critical of what could have been a very well executed rehabilitation of an older property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was at the Holiday Inn for a business meeting. Rooms were clean, food was great and the hotel staff was very nice. Sade & Jay at the front desk and bell hop were very helpful and nice! The pillows in the room were heavenly!!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I reside and work in Miami, But I had an important meeting I had to attend to in the DC area. I booked my reservation with the front desk agent (I believe his name was Ahmed or Ahmad) anyways, He went above and beyond to make my stay a pleasant one. He spoke very professionally over the phone, which is usually unexpected with other hotels that I have booked with. He was even familiar with the area and gave me directions to the bank (because I lost my debit card in the plane, so had to get a temporary one). The room was big, clean, and extremely comfortable. So many restaurants and hookah bars within walking distance. Overall it was a very good experience for me. I will be back in the area in June, so I defiantly will be back here! Be sure to ask for the front desk agent ahmed/ahmad, he will make your life so much easier!

Winchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The stay at the Holiday Inn Ballston was ok. I liked the room, bed was comfortable, the coffee machine was great and everything worked well, including the wifi. The one thing I really didn't like were the pillows, they have two types and both were very high and I woke up many times during the night with a stiff neck. The other thing is that my room had a humming noise that other customers had also reported. I turned the air con and the mini-fridge off to lower the noise but it was definitely from outside the room and I could do nothing about it. By the third night I got used to it, but the first two nights it disturbed my sleep. I didn't experience any of the great staff experience that other customers reported. I thought they were friendly but just as it is expected, nothing more. People at reception didn't even told me about the free transfer and I didn't even knew existed!
The breakfast arrangement was odd. You can opt for the buffet or order cooked breakfast from the menu. The buffet price includes only one drink (coffee, tea, milk or a small glass of Tropicana juice from concentrate). I have never seen something like this - charging extra even for milk?). So usually I had juice (wish it was NOT from concentrate) and went to the room for a coffee from the machine as it tasted better than the one at breakfast (and included in the price of the room). In the second day, I was told that if I had only cold food from the buffet it was cheaper (they didn't tell me this in the first day). However, if you used the coupons the hotel gives you for breakfast, they alter the price and either cold or hot buffet they will charge you the same amount. So even if you eat only the cold food, you are still not able to have more than one drink! Totally strange. Anyway, the cooked food from the buffet was just edible.
The hotel overall was not bad, but I am sure there are better ones around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Ludalua,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I am happy to read you found or beds comfortable. However, I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the condition of the pillows, level of noise encountered and breakfast options. We have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is newly renovated and medium priced. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, rooms large and clean. Has a good restaurant and bar on site. We did the breakfast package...great breakfast, not only the buffet, but off the menu was not outrageously priced like most hotels. Would definitely stay here again. Easy access to Rt 66. Has parking lot (they all charge).

Room Tip: Make sure it has been renovated. They are still working on the halls.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Property is in an idea location. It's just 3 blocks to a metro stop, several blocks to the Arlington Economic Development office, and offers many choice of restaurants close by.

I would like to thank the general manager for being personal receptive and responsive to my inquiries and needs. It's rare today to receive such a quick response to personal requests. Leadership starts at the top, and with a general manager like Don leading the way, you know your stay at this property is good to be a good one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Good hotel in a prime Arlington location. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Ballston Metro station and is immediately off of I-66. The hotel has an adequate breakfast buffet and a small bar in the evening. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings literally next door and the hotel is within a 5 to 10 minute walk from great dining and a mall.

There are a few hotels a bit closer to the metro station, but overall this is definitely a good stay within reasonable metro travel distance to DC and Arlington. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston? Share your experiences!