“Very Responsive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
philadelphia
“Very Responsive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Property is in an idea location. It's just 3 blocks to a metro stop, several blocks to the Arlington Economic Development office, and offers many choice of restaurants close by.

I would like to thank the general manager for being personal receptive and responsive to my inquiries and needs. It's rare today to receive such a quick response to personal requests. Leadership starts at the top, and with a general manager like Don leading the way, you know your stay at this property is good to be a good one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Good hotel in a prime Arlington location. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Ballston Metro station and is immediately off of I-66. The hotel has an adequate breakfast buffet and a small bar in the evening. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings literally next door and the hotel is within a 5 to 10 minute walk from great dining and a mall.

There are a few hotels a bit closer to the metro station, but overall this is definitely a good stay within reasonable metro travel distance to DC and Arlington. I would stay there again.

Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I am a tour director with 20 years experience in the travel industry. I would like to commend the Holiday Inn staff for taking excellent care of my tour group! The front desk staff made us feel right at home upon arrival from the airport on our first night. As one could imagine, a group of 30 people booked on a 6 night stay at the same hotel can be quite a challenge. I was very pleased with the overall service... the restaurant and banquets department, the bar, shuttle service, concierge, hotel management and front desk staff all went out of their way to ensure a comfortable stay! I couldn't remember everyone's name, but I would like to commend Roberto, Janet, Sanda, Sade, Vera, Clara, and Martha. Thanks for making my job easy! I believe I speak for all... 30 happy customers... plus 1... Me! We had a very busy touring schedule each day but it was always nice to have our hotel to look forward to each evening! Again, thanks for making our visit to the DC area a memorable experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Barrington, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a prime location for this part of Arlington, I find that the price is always near the bottom end but its really a great mid level hotel. It really beats all of the 1, 2, 3 star hotels in the area and is the cream of the crop for 3 start hotels.

A few nit picky items:

1. The cabs don't always line up here, so its a little difficult to grab a cab.

2. The gaps under the door are a bit tall, so the room doesn't get "dark" enough for me to have a good night of sleep.

3. The showers are a bit small, if you leave the showerhead high, you will soak the floor.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear MarkSYWong,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

First, the hotel. Good location - very close to the Ballston Metro and a 5 min walk from the NSF if you have business there. Lots of nearby restaurantsRooms (I had a king bed) are very large and spotless. Bed had 2 different types of pillows labeled 'soft' and 'firm'. Bathroom was large and nicely appointed. Rooms were quiet with very little noise from the hallway. And free Wi-Fi - not just in the lobby but in the rooms. I hate it when nice hotels scam you with 24h Wi-Fi charges. Second, the service which was outstanding. Everyone was super helpful and friendly. The most surprising thing was when my ordered room service dinner was 10 mins late and the staff member delivering it apologized profusely and said it was complimentary!! I was flabbergasted. Really terrific experience.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

While visiting this Hotel, I had an awesome experience. The front desk staff was the best BAR NONE! I spoke with Sade, Janet, Kori, Kierstan and a gentleman who drove the hotel shuttle (i apologize for not remembering your name). They all were wonderful. I spoke to the driver of the shuttle and asked him where a local eatery was and he offered to drive me over to the eatery, call me simple but I was SHOCKED! He dropped me off and offered to pick me up, keep in mind that the restaurant was less than a 10 minute walk. This is true customer service! Each of the members of this staff deserves some type of award or raise! My next trip back to DC, I am not staying ANYWHERE ELSE! Infact, can I reserve now? :-)

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 6 wks (2/6 - 3/13) and must say all aspects were excellent. The hotel is is very clean, and the staff went out of their way to make sure everything was handled above expectations. I look forward to seeing Ahmed, Vera, and all my other friends the next time my business travels bring me to town. Would recommend very highly to anyone coming to the D.C area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston? Share your experiences!