“Nikolay D.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Yekaterinburg, Russia
“Nikolay D.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 02/22/2013 till 03/01/2013 and it was just excellent. The hotel has very clean rooms and very friendly staff always ready to help with any issue. It is only within a ten-minute walk from the nearest metro station what makes its location just perfect for business travel.

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here and loved it. This year we returned but had a room on the 9th floor which had a constant hum which was really irritating. The staff were friendly, breakfasts great value and rooms were large. Next time I would request a room lower in the building

Room Tip: Get good distance between your room and the air conditioning
Brattleboro, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Everything went very well at this hotel. They have a driver who was eager to take us to restaurants or anyplace else within their one-mile free range. They recycle leftover soaps and shampoos to those in need. The breakfast in the restaurant was good too, and the service. It was the right hotel in the right location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This review is a little late, it should have been in early December, right after my stay. But, I don't normally do this kind of thing. However, I cant quit thinking of how helpful these two Filipino ladies were in getting my visit to Arlington turned around. My catering at another place had fallen apart on me a the last minute and Janet and Sandy bent over backwards and called just the right people to get me sorted out. The room was clean and the bar was inviting and comfortable. i have a feeling I will be returning often. Thank you Janet and Sandy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ocean, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have nothing but EXCELLENT comments about my stay.
EVERY staff member was efficient, pleasant and 100% customer satisfaction oriented. To me this was so refreshing to be treated like a valued person.
The hotel was immaculate, the rooms were the cleanest that I have see in a long time. I have stayed in more expensive hotels that do not come close to the cleanliness and service.
I would like to mention Sandra and Shondra specifically, just wonderful personalities and so willing to assist me. Thank you, all.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great hotel with really friendly and efficient staff. Just steps away from the metro station, the mall, and lots of shops and restaurants. Rooms are nice: comfortable beds, big tv, nice bathroom, and clean. The only thing that is keeping me from giving this place 5 stars, is that the hotel does not offer free wi-fi/internet service inside the room. Unless you are a Hilton diamond or higher member, you have to pay $10.95 per day to access the internet. This was a really annoying as I had a lot of work to do in my room; I really did not think the fee was necessary considering the high cost of the room per night. Although there are two computers and internet in the lobby, I prefer working in my room especially in to the late hours.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great location (near the metro and between the airport and DC) - plenty of eats/drinks within walking distance but no ones seemed to like walking. This is America remember - the hotel offer my wife and I are shuttle service to the metro - it was 5 minutes walk.

Breakfast was ok but not included in the room deal, you'd be better going elsewhere. Room smelled and looked a little dated.

For the price, not a bad stay but it's more in the budget range (I bet older people love it, it just has that feel).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear richakn,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. It is good to know you found our location commendable. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you encountered with the unusual smell during your stay and regret our breakfast service did not live up to your expectations. However, we do offer special room rate packages with breakfast included. Your comments are appreciated and will be used to ensure these areas will be improved on. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston? Share your experiences!