“Pleased” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Middletown, New York
“Pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I stayed with a friend for 4 nights over Thanksgiving weekend on the 9th floor in a smoking room. I do not smoke my companion does but I did not find this room smoke stained. Room was clean, linens nice. Bed was very comfortable and so were pillows. I did sleep very well in this hotel. Did have some trouble adjusting temp in room but we just turned it off and were fine. Towels were soft. Room came with coffeemaker and small fridge. I bring my own electrical hot water maker to have more coffee in the room and bring instant. Our floor was extremely quiet. No noise in the hallways. Parking lot under construction. Parking is $12.00 overnight with Valet service. The guys that work as Valets are wonderful, pleasant and efficient. We took the Breakfast/parking package. You recieve a $20.00 voucher for the room and 1/2 off parking. In the future I would skip the breakfast. Average price for Breakfast is $9.00 for value breakfast which is 2 eggs with roasted potatoes, sausage or bacon and choice of toast. Coffee $3.00 and so is juice so you are over $20.00 if more than 1 person pretty quick and it wasn't that good. Coffee to go is $2.00 and very bittler. 7-11 down street has better coffee, so does IHOP. Wait staff at breakfast sometimes were annoying and rushed you when you were the only ones in the dining room and it was early in the service time. Needs improvement here. My advise skip the breakfast package and go to IHOP down the street One of the DC bus tours pick up at hotel at around 9am 1 time only. Ask at the desk. You have to find your way back. Took the Metro back from DC and called for the shuttle which came right away and got us which was very nice. Had light dinner first night (salads) at the Silver Leaf, not impressed, did not go back for dinner again only breakfast because we already paid for it. Desk staff seemed pleasant did not interact with them too much. Does have a bar which we did not use plus 2 public computers which I used to check me e-mail

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Eugene
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I dined several times in the Silver Leaf lobby restaurant where the service was excellent. My room was okay - clean, but needing maintenance, especially for the peeling bathtub. There seemed to be lots of hallway noise from people talking loudly to doors slamming.

I had mixed results with the front desk staff. Check in was smooth and efficient. Yet, when I returned to the desk with questions, I was ignored by three different staff members for over three minutes. They were talking about their recent facebook postings.

The fitness center is very small and there is no weight equipment or machine as indicated on the website. The television is unusually placed - it is behind the treadmills, which makes it difficult to see!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Had a wonderful time while here for a class. Ronda and Jacob at the front desk were the epitome of excellent customer service. There was some work going on renovating the parking lot and they were very responsive in trying to make the stay here as pleasant as possible, and for that I cannot express enough gratitude for their efforts. I only have one thing about tht hotel that I find troublesome, and that there is no TV listing of what is on and instead have to scan the channels to find out if what I'm looking for is playing or not. I'm a sports fan and from what I can tell, the choices of channels to watch sports is very limited. Other than that, my stay was excellent.

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I was actually very surprised to arrive at this hotel after some of the "horrible!!" reviews here. I was trapped in the city during a sudden snowstorm and needed a hotel right by the Metro as I didn't have a car. I found this via their 800 number and booked a room for $99.99 + tax.

Overall, I had a good stay and the price was reasonable for booking on the same day. My room on the 6th floor was clean, the staff was pleasant and I appreciated the location. I would stay here again. I have no idea where some of the reviews were coming from that were so negative!

The Good
The room was pretty spotless. I even took a bath that night and I *only* do that in really clean hotels. The towels were thick and fluffy, which is more than I can say for the hotel I was in the night before in NYC. The provided soaps/shampoos were Bath & Body Works Lemon Verbena which was nice for me but too feminine for some men I'd imagine. The beds were very firm and comfortable. New linens, lots of cable channels and free wifi. You are literally a block and half from the Metro. The staff was more than pleasant and the lobby was clean and tidy.

The Bad
The breakfast buffet was pretty expensive and the valet prices are pretty high. You can go down the street and get cheaper food and parking.

The Ugly
There was a fire alarm in the hall that was beeping all night at 10 minute intervals. So irritating while I was awake but I sleep like a rock. The other setback is the room temperature control in my room was not working. It would say it was changing the temp but it wouldn't. By the time I realized both of these things, I was too tired to switch my room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

This is not a good hotel. The elevator and lobby are dirty and poorly maintained. The rooms are poorly maintained, and poorly constructed. The rooms are not quiet. I asked to be moved to a quiet room, and ended up in a filthy smoking room. The window in the room did not close. I had to ask the maintenance man to come and close the window, which just made the smoking room worse. The wireless internet is also barely functional -- there are not enough access points, and so the throughput is not enough to use the web except at very late at night. This is not a hotel for the business traveller. For $250 a night, I wish I had stayed in DC and paid for a $20 cab ride into Arlington.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week in October. The hotel was nice, everyone greeted you. The manager on duty was always available and worked right alongside the front desk workers when they got busy. Although they are working on the parking lot, the valet drivers were wonderful. They always told you that it would take about 15 min to get your car but I never waited more than 5 min even at the busiest time. The employees were knowledgable on where to go and what to do, that was a plus. The Hotel restaurant was limited on what it served but it was tasty and the breakfast buffet was convenient. The rooms were comfortable, the hotel was maintained well and the price was reasonable. There were refridgerators in the room and a microwave for customer use by the bar area so that was nice. The hotel is in walking distance to a mall and several food places.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Harriman, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I had the pleasure of a 2 night stay at the Holiday Inn in Arlington, Va. The valet parking, while always a convenience, was made even more pleasant by the friendly, efficient parking attendants. The restaurant served a delicious breakfast and quite an elegant dinner. The service was excellent, the food fresh and well prepared.
The rooms are clean, comfortable and newly furnished. My young adult children made constant use of the shuttle bus and free internet. I want to extend a special thank you to Janet Youngstrom for coming to my rescue after taking a fall walking around town. I came back to the hotel with a badly scrapped and bleeding elbow. She went above and beyond cleaning and bandaging me and checking up on me later in the day. This is the type of service that makes the Holiday Inn in Arlington an excellent hotel

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston? Share your experiences!