I was actually very surprised to arrive at this hotel after some of the "horrible!!" reviews here. I was trapped in the city during a sudden snowstorm and needed a hotel right by the Metro as I didn't have a car. I found this via their 800 number and booked a room for $99.99 + tax.
Overall, I had a good stay and the price was reasonable for booking on the same day. My room on the 6th floor was clean, the staff was pleasant and I appreciated the location. I would stay here again. I have no idea where some of the reviews were coming from that were so negative!
The room was pretty spotless. I even took a bath that night and I *only* do that in really clean hotels. The towels were thick and fluffy, which is more than I can say for the hotel I was in the night before in NYC. The provided soaps/shampoos were Bath & Body Works Lemon Verbena which was nice for me but too feminine for some men I'd imagine. The beds were very firm and comfortable. New linens, lots of cable channels and free wifi. You are literally a block and half from the Metro. The staff was more than pleasant and the lobby was clean and tidy.
The breakfast buffet was pretty expensive and the valet prices are pretty high. You can go down the street and get cheaper food and parking.
There was a fire alarm in the hall that was beeping all night at 10 minute intervals. So irritating while I was awake but I sleep like a rock. The other setback is the room temperature control in my room was not working. It would say it was changing the temp but it wouldn't. By the time I realized both of these things, I was too tired to switch my room.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston Hotel Arlington
- Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston Hotel
- Holiday Inn Ballston
- Holiday Inn Arlington
- Arlington Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spring into value! The Holiday Inn Arlington hotel, conveniently located off I-66 East, is just 4 miles from Washington, DC (6 from DCA) in the thriving Ballston neighborhood of North Arlington. You ll find the National Science Foundation, the Nature Conservancy, AES, CACI, Global Knowledge, Accenture, and ESI within several blocks of the hotel, along with many restaurants, shopping, Macy s, and the Kettler Capitals IcePlex. It s easy to access the White House, Smithsonian museums, Zoo and the National Mall via the Metro, just 3 blocks from the Holiday Inn Arlington. Our friendly shuttle drivers will whisk you to any location within a 1-mile radius of the hotel. All guest rooms have one king or two queen beds, free high-speed Internet (wired), free refrigerators, and free coffee. We also offer a fitness center, gift shop, free business services, an outdoor pool, and a spacious parking lot with reasonable prices. Dine in our restaurant, pamper yourself with room service, or experience our airy, contemporary lounge with free Wi-Fi and plasma TVs. Our 5,000 sf of attractive function space is perfect for weddings and meetings from 10 to 300 guests.This hotel in Arlington, VA is near Georgetown, Tysons Corner, Pentagon City, Old Town Alexandria, and Arlington National Cemetery. We re also a straight shot from Dulles Airport (IAD).The Holiday Inn Arlington -- a great value for visitors to DC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.