“Totally acceptable Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Washington, DC
“Totally acceptable Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I was actually very surprised to arrive at this hotel after some of the "horrible!!" reviews here. I was trapped in the city during a sudden snowstorm and needed a hotel right by the Metro as I didn't have a car. I found this via their 800 number and booked a room for $99.99 + tax.

Overall, I had a good stay and the price was reasonable for booking on the same day. My room on the 6th floor was clean, the staff was pleasant and I appreciated the location. I would stay here again. I have no idea where some of the reviews were coming from that were so negative!

The Good
The room was pretty spotless. I even took a bath that night and I *only* do that in really clean hotels. The towels were thick and fluffy, which is more than I can say for the hotel I was in the night before in NYC. The provided soaps/shampoos were Bath & Body Works Lemon Verbena which was nice for me but too feminine for some men I'd imagine. The beds were very firm and comfortable. New linens, lots of cable channels and free wifi. You are literally a block and half from the Metro. The staff was more than pleasant and the lobby was clean and tidy.

The Bad
The breakfast buffet was pretty expensive and the valet prices are pretty high. You can go down the street and get cheaper food and parking.

The Ugly
There was a fire alarm in the hall that was beeping all night at 10 minute intervals. So irritating while I was awake but I sleep like a rock. The other setback is the room temperature control in my room was not working. It would say it was changing the temp but it wouldn't. By the time I realized both of these things, I was too tired to switch my room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

This is not a good hotel. The elevator and lobby are dirty and poorly maintained. The rooms are poorly maintained, and poorly constructed. The rooms are not quiet. I asked to be moved to a quiet room, and ended up in a filthy smoking room. The window in the room did not close. I had to ask the maintenance man to come and close the window, which just made the smoking room worse. The wireless internet is also barely functional -- there are not enough access points, and so the throughput is not enough to use the web except at very late at night. This is not a hotel for the business traveller. For $250 a night, I wish I had stayed in DC and paid for a $20 cab ride into Arlington.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week in October. The hotel was nice, everyone greeted you. The manager on duty was always available and worked right alongside the front desk workers when they got busy. Although they are working on the parking lot, the valet drivers were wonderful. They always told you that it would take about 15 min to get your car but I never waited more than 5 min even at the busiest time. The employees were knowledgable on where to go and what to do, that was a plus. The Hotel restaurant was limited on what it served but it was tasty and the breakfast buffet was convenient. The rooms were comfortable, the hotel was maintained well and the price was reasonable. There were refridgerators in the room and a microwave for customer use by the bar area so that was nice. The hotel is in walking distance to a mall and several food places.

Harriman, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I had the pleasure of a 2 night stay at the Holiday Inn in Arlington, Va. The valet parking, while always a convenience, was made even more pleasant by the friendly, efficient parking attendants. The restaurant served a delicious breakfast and quite an elegant dinner. The service was excellent, the food fresh and well prepared.
The rooms are clean, comfortable and newly furnished. My young adult children made constant use of the shuttle bus and free internet. I want to extend a special thank you to Janet Youngstrom for coming to my rescue after taking a fall walking around town. I came back to the hotel with a badly scrapped and bleeding elbow. She went above and beyond cleaning and bandaging me and checking up on me later in the day. This is the type of service that makes the Holiday Inn in Arlington an excellent hotel

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

While looking for accomodations for a group I had the pleasure of being connected to Lilibeth Suico in the Sales Department. Her service and attentiveness to my group was outstanding. Everyone in the group agreed that the trip was perfect from the accomodations and breakfast to the small details like bus parking.
I would recommend anyone looking for accomodations in the Arlington/Ballston area whether they are booking 1 room or 30 rooms stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
nonurbusiness
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I was on a business trip for several days and stayed here. The guy (Mohammed) and ALL the drivers were SUPER DUPER FRIENDLY. They drive you anywhere of a 1 mile radius of the hotel wherever youwant to go.

Although I didn't get speedy service when my heat went out, I WOULD DEFINETELY recommend this place. It was comfortable.

Graz, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We had a wonderful time at the Holiday Inn. The hotel is centrally located and just a few metro stops away from downtown Washington, D.C. There are lots of restaurants, all within walking distance from the hotel, that offer a smorgasbord of dainty dishes. The hotel’s staff is very polite and helpful. Besides, we particularly enjoyed the lavish full American breakfast buffet, the huge television and free WiFi in our room. We also made use of the very convenient free shuttle bus service that the hotel provides.
We would like to extend our heartfelt thank-you especially to Adil Kifah and his courteous colleagues, among which Karl and Janet to name but two.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston? Share your experiences!