“vaction” 5 of 5 stars

Book Online and Save 20%
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
“vaction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

Glass elevators, chocolates and wine.....plush carpet, indoor pool and valet parking and much more.....I give it five stars!

Stayed April 2007, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Colonial Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

Had a great stay at this hotel. Within easy walking distance to our conference, and there were also many shops (a mall!) and restaurants right next to the hotel, as well as a Metro station, which we didn't need to use, but it was nice to know it was right there.
Service was wonderful. Hotel stowed some great shopping bargains we found so that we didn't have to lug it all to our room. The room was excellent. Plenty of space and everything worked great. Would definitely stay here again.
The only drawback was the cold weather. On day 2 of our stay we discovered a covered walkway from the hotel to the mall, so that came in handy.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
arlington, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

we spent christmas in DC to do some sightseeing and we stayed at this hotel. the subway stop at the hotel was extremely helpful! we took a cab from DCA and it was about 25.00. we took the train from the hotel back to the airpirt and it was 1.35 per person! we took that train everywhere!! anyway, the hotel location was wonderful. they are right across from an ihop and a few other palces to eat along with the mall that is connected and there is a snack shop downstairs as well with lots of desserts, cheeses, wine and more! the room was pretty nice. the bathroom was very small however and you could really only have one person in there at a time. also the heater/ac unit was very loud. other than that, we spent 6 nights there and were very comfortable. one more thing to note was the walls were pretty thin and we could hear our neighbors as well as voices from most rooms as we went down the hall.....the front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. regardless of the small bathroom and the thin walls, i would definitely stay again

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night on New Year's Eve. We got an excellent rate of $65+tax from the hotel website. Parking was another $17 but is worth it if you want to avoid the DC traffic.

The hotel is right on the Ballston GMU metro station on the orange line. There were some homeless people at the entrance of the metro, so be a little cautious.
The Ballston Mall is connected by covered walkways. The first walkway leads to the NSF and the following one to the mall.

As many reviewers have already commented, the hotel needs some renovation and very soon. The executive lounge server, Nidiya, was great. Very helpful and very attentive. I wish that I could say the same about the check-in experience but unfortunately that was disappointing.

Being a Hilton Gold VIP, I have stayed at several Hiltons and I will definitely not recommend this hotel for VIP members. Hilton hotels value the loyalty of their frequent customers and any time I check into one of the hotels, I never have to mention my status or try to "obtain" my benefits. This hotel was an exception.
First of all, no upgrades at check-in. I let that one pass since I figured that they may be fully booked. We were given our room keys and it was then that I asked about breakfast. HHonors Gold VIPs are entitled to room upgrades to the Executive level, and if not available, they always have lounge access for breakfast and receptions. When I asked the guy at check-in - "So what about breakfast?", his reply was "Oh - that is not included in the rate". Yes, I know, but I will automatically get it upon check-in. So I patiently pointed out that I was Gold VIP. His response "oh yes, well then do you want lounge access or free internet?". That's a no-brainer since I had already asked about the breakfast...
Anyway, the guy reluctantly took back the room keys and swiped them for lounge access. Normally, I wouldn't even have to ask - as soon as I checked in, the guy should have dealt with that. Looking at my paperwork I found that they had me down as a Gold VIP on the check-in documents. However, the guy just decided to ignore that fact.

And this is the reason while I won't go back to this hotel. I stay at Hiltons all over the world and not once have I had to "remind" check-in staff about my status or benefits.

So next time I am in the area, I will be staying at the Embassy Suites in Tyson's Corner. At least they value my loyalty.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
HiltonArlingtonVA, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, February 10, 2010
Happy New Year! I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of our New Years rate allowing you to stay safe and enjoy the holiday. However, we are disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations at Check In. As suspected, everyone took advantage of the low rates, leaving us with a full house. I will personally investigate the issue further so that we can provide the guest service manager with additional training. However, it is always a good idea to confirm that your Hilton Honors Number is attached to your reservation when you receive the confirmation email.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

As other reviewers have noted, the hotel is starting to show some wear and tear from the years, but it is a very convenient location is one has business at the NSF. A great choice for the solo business traveler (who is also able to book at US government rates), but perhaps not so good for someone looking for a big lobby where kids can run around a bit. The hotel is also connected to an enclosed mall area with easy access to a little deli, and is right on the Metro.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Thanks for your recent stay and feed back! Not only are we close to the National Science Foundation (NSF), but we have many other organizations all within walking distance to our hotel, making us a preferred hotel for many business travelers. With 210 rooms, we feel our lobby is just the right size allowing us to create a more personalized guest experience upon arrival. And having the Mall, Metro, and Restaurants in the neighborhood are only a few of our favorite features.
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

My family stayed here while visiting relatives during the Thanksgiving holiday. The hotel is a safe pick if you are looking for decent and reasonably priced accomodations. With most Hilton hotels, the decor is modern with a classic touch. The lobby area is inviting and our room was spacious. The bathrooms are outfitted with a granite vanity and ceramic tile. The closet space is more than adequate for a family of three and that doesn't include additional drawer space. The beds are comfy- not too soft and not too firm. The room is equipped with a large flat screen television, coffee maker with an assortment of coffee and teas, and extra large chair and ottoman. Our experience here was like a temporary home away from home. The Ballston area mall is attached to the property and the orange line metro is literally steps away, too. There is a gourmet pastry, sandwich/coffee/candy shop named Tivoli on site, too. There are also tons of restaurants within walking distance- Mexican, American, Japanese, steakhouses, etc. The property is surely worth considering.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

We have stayed in this hotel a number of times and love it. The location is perfect as it is right over the metro into DC and you get the benefit of being close to DC but without DC prices. We traveled with our baby and my in-laws and we were given connecting rooms which was perfect. Also our room was extra bid and could easily accommodate a pack n play.

Ballston is great with a mall and lots of restaurants. Also it feels safe unlike other places in DC where I have stayed.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
HiltonArlingtonVA, Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, November 13, 2009
Thank you for your comments on your recent visit to the Hilton Arlington, VA. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit. Our location, Metro access, and proximity to over 60 restaurants and historical monuments, make us a perfect choice for a weekend get-a-way to the Nation’s Capital. We look forward to your next visit!

Been to Hilton Arlington? Share your experiences!