“A safe pick!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Arkansas
“A safe pick!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

My family stayed here while visiting relatives during the Thanksgiving holiday. The hotel is a safe pick if you are looking for decent and reasonably priced accomodations. With most Hilton hotels, the decor is modern with a classic touch. The lobby area is inviting and our room was spacious. The bathrooms are outfitted with a granite vanity and ceramic tile. The closet space is more than adequate for a family of three and that doesn't include additional drawer space. The beds are comfy- not too soft and not too firm. The room is equipped with a large flat screen television, coffee maker with an assortment of coffee and teas, and extra large chair and ottoman. Our experience here was like a temporary home away from home. The Ballston area mall is attached to the property and the orange line metro is literally steps away, too. There is a gourmet pastry, sandwich/coffee/candy shop named Tivoli on site, too. There are also tons of restaurants within walking distance- Mexican, American, Japanese, steakhouses, etc. The property is surely worth considering.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

We have stayed in this hotel a number of times and love it. The location is perfect as it is right over the metro into DC and you get the benefit of being close to DC but without DC prices. We traveled with our baby and my in-laws and we were given connecting rooms which was perfect. Also our room was extra bid and could easily accommodate a pack n play.

Ballston is great with a mall and lots of restaurants. Also it feels safe unlike other places in DC where I have stayed.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
HiltonArlingtonVA, Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, November 13, 2009
Thank you for your comments on your recent visit to the Hilton Arlington, VA. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit. Our location, Metro access, and proximity to over 60 restaurants and historical monuments, make us a perfect choice for a weekend get-a-way to the Nation’s Capital. We look forward to your next visit!
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

Stayed at the Hilton in Arlington for three nights in October. It is well located for business, if u have business in Arlington and very close to the metro. The hotel only had one elevator working, and we were a rather large group, upwards of 100 people at times. The halls are dark, the rooms ok, but not great. The price was right, but they certainly do need an overhaul.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We do agree that our location is ideal for our business travelers, as we are located among many Corporations, Associations, and Government offices. With the Metro access just at our front doors, it is easy to reach your destination.
In regards to the elevators, all of us know too well that remodeling never seems to fall on schedule. It is never our intent to inconvenience our guest and in this case the problem was out of our control. We sincerely apologize. The work has been completed and we think you will be very happy with the finished product. In respect to the hallways, they will be part of a focused renovation in 2010. We think you love that finished product as well. We hope to show you!
Rockport, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

I will admit that my value rating is based on the fact that I used Priceline and therefore got a very good rate. But that wasn't the main reason that I was so happy with my stay at the Hilton. We ended up arriving very late, and my call to confirm my late arrival was met with a very hospitable and warm welcome. When we finally got to the hotel and was shown to our room, it became clear that we were in the middle of a "wedding party" that was intent on partying until throughout the night. We placed a quick call to the front desk and explained the situation and got an empathetic and very accommodating response -- a new room key delivered to us within minutes, and we slept very soundly on their amazingly soft bedding. Everything was as good as you could expect (except for the elevator service... I think one of them wasn't working) from the parking convenience to the staff accommodations. We didn't get to try breakfast or anything else (we didn't have the time) but for a night's sleep it was the best choice we could have made. And the location is perfect!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We do have very dedicated Front Desk Agents, who all take pride in providing quick and efficient service to each guest. I am glad that they exceeded your expectations so that you were able to get a great night’s rest.

Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I have never had such a terrible experience with a hotel. I reserved a King Bed Suite on the Club Level 3 weeks before my family was coming to Arlington. When my family arrived to check in, the hotel staff informed them that we did not reserve a king size suite, but since we had 2 small children, they would give us a handicapped room for some additional space. When I called to tell them that I had a copy of the email confirmation stating we had a king suite, they said I must be mistaken, and put me on hold for 15 minutes. Long story short, it took 30 minutes on the phone, tons of attitude from the front desk, and threatening to stay somewhere else before they finally moved my family to the room we originally reserved. There were other problems with the front desk, as well, but it's not even worth going into detail. All I can say is that I would never recommend staying here, and I can't imagine ever dealing with another Hilton again.

If you are coming to the Arlington area and want to stay in the Ballston-Virginia Square area, do yourself a favor - either stay at the Westin a couple blocks down, or just rent a car and stay anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
HiltonArlingtonVA, Hilton Arlington, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, January 12, 2010
While we are happy that you eventually got the accommodations that you wanted there is no excuse for attitude and lack of service or any delay in getting what was promised. Our General Manager is taking names over this experience and would like to personally invite you back.
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

We visited the D.C. area 3 times this year, and this place was my favorite for a couple of reasons. I liked the proximity to the metro. It was so easy just walk out of the hotel and walk right into the terminal. The hotel is also connected via skywalks to a mall, which was awesome. The rooms were a little larger than rooms in D.C. They were pretty basic, but fine. It was what I expected from a Hilton. For the price I paid, I felt it was a good value. I didn't have any complaints.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed there because he had a training class adjacent to the hotel. The price was expensive, and the hotel is old and not in good shape. The room above us had an A/C leak, and water was leaking into our room. The engineer told my husband the "problem was resolved". They "resolved" it by putting a towel up in the window. The water still dripped into our room. The only other room we were offered had no A/C at all. The staff was not helpful in the situation, and everyone in the lobby was complaining about this hotel. They were also trying to charge us for the whole week, even after we checked ourselves out early and went to a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Arlington? Share your experiences!