“What a great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for Two
Ranked #26 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Rockport, Massachusetts
“What a great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

I will admit that my value rating is based on the fact that I used Priceline and therefore got a very good rate. But that wasn't the main reason that I was so happy with my stay at the Hilton. We ended up arriving very late, and my call to confirm my late arrival was met with a very hospitable and warm welcome. When we finally got to the hotel and was shown to our room, it became clear that we were in the middle of a "wedding party" that was intent on partying until throughout the night. We placed a quick call to the front desk and explained the situation and got an empathetic and very accommodating response -- a new room key delivered to us within minutes, and we slept very soundly on their amazingly soft bedding. Everything was as good as you could expect (except for the elevator service... I think one of them wasn't working) from the parking convenience to the staff accommodations. We didn't get to try breakfast or anything else (we didn't have the time) but for a night's sleep it was the best choice we could have made. And the location is perfect!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
HiltonArlingtonVA, Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, November 13, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We do have very dedicated Front Desk Agents, who all take pride in providing quick and efficient service to each guest. I am glad that they exceeded your expectations so that you were able to get a great night’s rest.

In regards to the elevators, all of us know too well that remodeling never seems to fall on schedule. It is never our intent to inconvenience our guest and in this case the problem was out of our control. We sincerely apologize. The work has been completed and we think you will be very happy with the finished product. In respect to the hallways, they will be part of a focused renovation in 2010. We think you love that finished product as well. We hope to show you!

444 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I have never had such a terrible experience with a hotel. I reserved a King Bed Suite on the Club Level 3 weeks before my family was coming to Arlington. When my family arrived to check in, the hotel staff informed them that we did not reserve a king size suite, but since we had 2 small children, they would give us a handicapped room for some additional space. When I called to tell them that I had a copy of the email confirmation stating we had a king suite, they said I must be mistaken, and put me on hold for 15 minutes. Long story short, it took 30 minutes on the phone, tons of attitude from the front desk, and threatening to stay somewhere else before they finally moved my family to the room we originally reserved. There were other problems with the front desk, as well, but it's not even worth going into detail. All I can say is that I would never recommend staying here, and I can't imagine ever dealing with another Hilton again.

If you are coming to the Arlington area and want to stay in the Ballston-Virginia Square area, do yourself a favor - either stay at the Westin a couple blocks down, or just rent a car and stay anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
HiltonArlingtonVA, Hilton Arlington, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, January 12, 2010
While we are happy that you eventually got the accommodations that you wanted there is no excuse for attitude and lack of service or any delay in getting what was promised. Our General Manager is taking names over this experience and would like to personally invite you back.
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

We visited the D.C. area 3 times this year, and this place was my favorite for a couple of reasons. I liked the proximity to the metro. It was so easy just walk out of the hotel and walk right into the terminal. The hotel is also connected via skywalks to a mall, which was awesome. The rooms were a little larger than rooms in D.C. They were pretty basic, but fine. It was what I expected from a Hilton. For the price I paid, I felt it was a good value. I didn't have any complaints.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed there because he had a training class adjacent to the hotel. The price was expensive, and the hotel is old and not in good shape. The room above us had an A/C leak, and water was leaking into our room. The engineer told my husband the "problem was resolved". They "resolved" it by putting a towel up in the window. The water still dripped into our room. The only other room we were offered had no A/C at all. The staff was not helpful in the situation, and everyone in the lobby was complaining about this hotel. They were also trying to charge us for the whole week, even after we checked ourselves out early and went to a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Ottawa, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

I stayed at this hotel at the end of May, when it was quite humid in the DC area. The A/C was not very good in both the rooms or the hallways. I had to keep adjusting the temperature because the A/C would always stop. And every time it started up again, it was noisy and annyoing. There are two elevators and one broke down while we were there. Even though it is not a big hotel, I had to wait a long time for the functioning elevator to get to my floor (I was on the 7th floor). And then, it would be a long ride down because it would stop on every other floor, picking up guests. The gym is small and not very well ventilated. Also, this hotel does not have a proper business centre. There are some computers located in the lobby for public use. However, it is merely for checking email or surfing the net. You can't print a document. Luckily, one of the staff at the front desk agreed to print my document for me because it wasn't too long.

On the positive side, the location is pretty good. I had to go to a business meeting, located in a building nearby. The hotel is very close to the Ballston Metro station - this was very convenient. In general, I found hotel staff to be very friendly.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

During my last stay, the air conditioner broke (which happened 6 weeks previously on another trip), and DC in JUL is very hot so staying in room (where the window did not open) was not an option. I had to be moved SEVEN miles to another hotel. While discussing this with the front desk, 3 more people had the same problem. I asked the hotel to help me find another hotel for the next night, and they said they would, and I specifically told them to call me with their proposed plan as I was not going to spend another night 7 miles outside the city. They never called me about another room, so I had to find one on my own. Then I get a credit charge notification that my card had been charged by yet a third hotel for the same night - one that I did not stay in , nor ever knew about. The hotel essentially broke the law and gave my credit card # to a third party hotel, without my knowledge or consent. The manager never returned my calls, nor made any attempts to rectify this problem. Nor did Hilton Honors. Shame on Hilton for both bad customer service as well as fraudulent credit card use. I will never stay at another Hilton.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

We loved this hotel! It made our trip to DC the perfect vacation! The metro station is right outside the door. There are plenty of places to eat and shop right there at the Ballston Common Mall which is connected by walkway to the hotel. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff was excellent! They were very friendly and extremely helpful with all of our needs from forgotten supplies to directions around the city.
I can't say enough good things about this hotel and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is visiting DC either on business or leisure.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Arlington? Share your experiences!