“Good Choice If You Want to Be Next to the Metro” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Online and Save 20%
Ranked #27 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Los Angeles, CA
“Good Choice If You Want to Be Next to the Metro”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

...and that is not all bad. If it is raining, the Metro stop is so close you will not get rained on. The mall is right next door (Macy's is the anchor) which is great if you forgot a belt. The staff (especially in the club lounge and the bar) is good. The rooms have been redone but if you arrive late and get a double bedded room (and they have a lot of that room type) you will find the room to be small.

The bathrooms are the small size you often see. They are meant for one person. I arrived at 10 pm and tried to iron my shirts and the only good light (for ironing) in the room was in the bathroom. Trying to fit the ironing board and this 250 lb guy in the bathroom - well let's just say it was not pretty.

The room service food arrived in 30 minutes which was appreciated. The pizza was the worst I have ever, ever eaten.

If you go there with the right expectations, you will be okay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Amsterdam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was here the week for work and had a bad experience. The bathtub drain did not drain. The water pooled around your ankles when showering. The refrigerator was so cold it froze my yogurt. When repaired, the yogurt spoiled two days later, as did my other food. The AC is a window unit that makes rattling noise when on and to avoid waking me at night, i had to turn the thing off to keep from waking me during sleep. There was no chair in the room. only a desk chair. So if you want to sit and relax, it was either the desk chair or the bed. And the room smell like there was odor but was covered up by room scent. It felt dirty.
Staff was nice but only so much they can do..........

Neosho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel was great for our group of 37, most of whom were recent high school graduates taking a cultural trip to Washington, DC. Staff was excellent and communication throughout the process was great.

Newport News, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Paid for the Executive Lounge and felt like I was in an unruly school environment. Wakened in the evening and early morning by children and teens playing unsupervised in the hallway (apparently while their parents slept)..several calls to the front desk offered no relief. Executive lounge was so overcrowded that there was no where to sit and staff refused to allow Ex. Lounge members to sit at other tables in the restaurant even though there were plenty of table available. Hotel in clean, in a fabulous location directly serviced by the orange line, parking is reasonable for the location but the staff is unable or unwilling to handle unexpected situations. I will stay at other Hiltons, but never at this one again. Rooms were spacious and very clean but other issues ruined our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Yukon, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel is I'm a great location adjacent to the Ballston Metro stop. A Starbucks is also close by. You do not have to go outside odd either one. The staff was very helpful at check in answering all my questions. The room was and quiet. Bed was comfortable. The HH breakfast includes a buffet of hot food. There is also cereal and fresh fruit. Food was good. I would recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I had a special case but still the accommodations were awful. My boyfriend and I made a reservation for a king size bed 5 days in advance. The day before we planned to arrive two friends asked to hop in on the room, so we quickly called to change the reservation to two beds. The woman on the phone was polite and guaranteed us the double bed room. Upon check in, we had a king size bed and when we called the front desk, they said they never got the request and they were all out of double bed rooms. The offered us a tiny crappy cot which we reluctantly agreed to because we were stuck in that room. When we asked for compensation for their mistake they refused! I asked for complimentary parking ($17) and they said no. I asked for some sort of accommodation for my next stay, they said it was not guaranteed. Finally, they offered us free wifi and complimentary breakfast so we took that. The rest of the stay was fine....UNTIL I checked my credit card balance and saw they charged me for the "complimentary wifi"! It was a mistake to stay here.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Germantown, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We arrived at this hotel shortly after attending a birthday party just down the street at one of the local restaurants. The parking garage is something out of a horror film and the parking spaces would be terrible for people with big vehicles. The heating/ cooling units in the room are beyond loud. The sinks were clogged and the toilet was a slow flush. Considering it was 1am by the time we checked in we just turn the unit off, pulled the plug out of the sink and tried to sleep as much as we could just so we could get out in the morning. I am a rewards member and I have to say even with the rewards.....I felt like I was getting a something less than a hotel 6

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Arlington? Share your experiences!