“Never Returning” 1 of 5 stars

Double Your Points!
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
“Never Returning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I had a special case but still the accommodations were awful. My boyfriend and I made a reservation for a king size bed 5 days in advance. The day before we planned to arrive two friends asked to hop in on the room, so we quickly called to change the reservation to two beds. The woman on the phone was polite and guaranteed us the double bed room. Upon check in, we had a king size bed and when we called the front desk, they said they never got the request and they were all out of double bed rooms. The offered us a tiny crappy cot which we reluctantly agreed to because we were stuck in that room. When we asked for compensation for their mistake they refused! I asked for complimentary parking ($17) and they said no. I asked for some sort of accommodation for my next stay, they said it was not guaranteed. Finally, they offered us free wifi and complimentary breakfast so we took that. The rest of the stay was fine....UNTIL I checked my credit card balance and saw they charged me for the "complimentary wifi"! It was a mistake to stay here.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Germantown, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We arrived at this hotel shortly after attending a birthday party just down the street at one of the local restaurants. The parking garage is something out of a horror film and the parking spaces would be terrible for people with big vehicles. The heating/ cooling units in the room are beyond loud. The sinks were clogged and the toilet was a slow flush. Considering it was 1am by the time we checked in we just turn the unit off, pulled the plug out of the sink and tried to sleep as much as we could just so we could get out in the morning. I am a rewards member and I have to say even with the rewards.....I felt like I was getting a something less than a hotel 6

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We travel over 150 days a year and my motto is a great staff can make a good hotel GREAT and a poor staff can make a great hotel poor. This staff at at this Hilton is the very best we have ever experienced at any hotel. The hotel is a good hotel but these people are the best. From check in to Henry the bell hop who helped us with our luggage service was super. We did have some issues with the hotel, our first room had no working AC not good at 95 degrees. Henry quickly got us moved to a new room but after one night we realized the toilet bowled leaked badly, as in could flood the bathroom. The next move was handled quickly the next morning and all was pretty good. I need a handdicap room and this room was very small and several features were not really set up for that. But the effort the staff went to to make us comfortable and happy made it all alright.
The food at the hotel was very good and the bar was a lot of fun each evening. Even with all the room changes every room was very clean and the furniture comfortable. I would return to this hotel any time I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

First time taking kids to see the sights of DC. Stumbled on this hotel close to metro. Check in was great, staff was delightful during the stay. Staff was willing to answer questions about going into DC and even some tips for making trip easier. Bed was comfortable, linens were soft and hotel was quiet. Let me just mention the Peter Roth bath supplies were great. The breakfast bar was awesome! I am so glad we chose this property. We will definitely return!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mesa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stay in many hotels throughout the year. I'm a smoker and am quite tired of being treated with disdain. This hotel understands and supplies a very nice smoking area outside/covered/furnished/with wifi access. Really wish other hotels would follow their lead. Hotel is very nice as well

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

San Francisco, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The staff is rude and condosending and if there is a problem with your room rate they will not help you. It is not worth your money to stay here. They gave me a good rate and then raised it the subsequent nights i was there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Clean, Good comfortable Bedding, everything worked within the room. Nice mini refrigerator for small items. Great and easy location for getting onto Metro, right down to lobby and down into the Metro. Parking for the car was easy and great fee to park the car. Watch for special rates for Friday and Saturday night stays. Great price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple