“Very happy with my stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Online and Save 20%
Ranked #26 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Chicago, Illinois
“Very happy with my stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We had a 4-day stay, combining business with vacation. The proximity to the metro is remarkable - the access escalator is virtually in the building. Prices more reasonable than in DC. I found the hotel staff exceptionally courteous and helpful, including when I had some special requests. Our room was large, comfortable, clean, and even though we were literally next to the elevator, it was very quiet. When in the area again, we will return.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a grim view of brick walls - if it matters, be sure to ask for something more intere...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HiltonArlingtonVA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a kind and positive feedback. We are so pleased to see we have met all your expectations.

It was a pleasure hosting you and we look forward welcoming you again in the near future.

471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Milan, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here recently for the second time on business. I always try to stay at Hilton properties when I travel. This one has a good location, with shopping and restaurants well within walking distance. The front desk staff is also helpful with local recommendations and directions.

I was given a nice upgrade with my Hilton Honors status, and the room was clean, bed comfortable. The best part of this hotel, in my opinion, is the executive lounge and the wonderful lady who was there most of the time- sorry I didn't get her name. I went in the mornings for breakfast, and in the evenings before dinner. It was always well-stocked with great service.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay, and I would be glad to stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HiltonArlingtonVA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.
We are so glad we were able to meet your expectations. We take pride in providing our guest with a Perfect Stay.
We have also shared your kind feedback about our executive lounge attendant. We will ensure she is well recognized.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

cape girardeau, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The location is extremely convenient, steps from the Metro stop and surrounded by lots of shopping and dining choices. The additional charge for in-room wifi access was the only negative about my stay. The room was spacious and clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback. We are pleased to see we have met all your expectations.
Your comment about the internet is well noted. Rest assured it has been l taken in to further consideration.

Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The good stay I experienced at the hotel was marred by a taxi scam when I left. I had asked if I should call a taxi and was told by several employees at/near reservation desk there would be one whenever I wanted it. Only after I was in a "taxi" headed for the airport did I realize that I wasn't in a taxi but in someone's personal vehicle. I looked for taxi meter to no avail. Also, there were no rates posted anywhere. The driver would not give a receipt nor would he take a credit card. The trip was $25 to Reagan Airport from the hotel and only $17 when I took a real taxi from the airport to the hotel. The employees standing at the reservation desk conned me. I'm glad the consequences weren't more serious.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HiltonArlingtonVA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is through such feedback that we are able to improve our products and services.
We are pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay. However, I am sorry to know about your transportation experience. We do have a taxi base outside and there is also only 2 approved sedan services we work with. Taxi fees will always depend on traffic conditions and routes. The average fees from and to DC usually on the $25-28 range and around $55 for IAD airport. Due to this reason, there is a flat fee of $25 for DCA and $50.00 for Dulles with the sedan service.
This is an option that many guests find more convenient as they don't know if could be more or less but is in the average range.
We do appreciate your feedback and will take it for further consideration and training for communication with our guests.
We look forward the opportunity to welcome you in the near future and provide you with a "Perfect Stay"

Guest Services
Edison, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I prefer to stay at Hilton hotels and that is why I chose this hotel. The hotel is VERY convenient to the Ballston metro station; the metro entrance is just yards away from the front desk and lobby. It is also connected to an office building by a covered walk-way, which is connected to the Ballston Common Mall by another covered walk-way -- very convenient. The Ballston section is a nice area. The staff was nice and helpful if I had a request or question. One significant downside is that the walls are so thin that I could hear every word of a telephone conversation in the next room. Same thing for TV; I felt as if I could be listening to the show in my room.

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We are pleased to see you found the Hilton Arlington to your liking, from the location to our services.
I am sorry to hear about the thin walls, and noise levels. Rest assured your feedback will be taken in to consideration for upcoming renovations and improvements done to our facility.
It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

ABQ, NM, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great stay, with the exception of the general contracting used in the bathrooms is hilariously sub-par for a hotel this nice otherwise. Malfunctioning toilets, leaking tubs, shower faucets that are not mounted firmly, etc.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Gguest,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with our guest bathrooms. Your comfort is one of our top priorities. Rest assured your feedback will be taken in to consideration for upcoming renovations and improvements done to our facility.
KArla Iglesias
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip.

Lets start with the bathroom. Which is so small you can not use the toilet unless the door is shut. Whats odd is that in the room there is a weird inset of about 3 feet on the wall on the other side of the shower(see pics) that they could have used to expand the bathroom, make it much larger and resolve the space issue. Also there is no fan in the bathroom which makes not only the bathroom but also your room fill with steam.

The rest of the room is ok. It had a king size bed, desk and chair and another chair and ottoman.

Now is when it gets really weird. I booked a room on the executive floor which gives you access to the executive lounge which in my experience has always been on the executive floor. Now usually this floor requires that you use your keycard to get to that floor so only executive floor people have access to the lounge. And while this hotel requires the use of a key card to get to the 7th floor and only the 7th floor the executive lounge isn't on the 7th floor or the 8th floor or even on the 6th floor.

It is in the back of the restaurant thats kind of but not really in the hotel. And when I say in the back I mean in the back. You have to walk all the way through this restaurant while people are eating to get to the "lounge" where you can then use your keycard to enter.

The breakfast was not very good. The fruit they had out had a lot of rotten bananas and when they did have chocolate chip cookies which are usually great they were rock solid. It was definitely not worth the extra money and was super tiny compared to other Hiltons I've been to.

Now back to the keycard issue since the executive lounge is on the second floor carrying anything back to your room can be a hassle because if your hands are full good luck getting your card out so you can use it in the elevator.

Also you hear everything in this hotel. People talking in the halls, people talking in their rooms, cars outside, everything there seems to be very little noise insulation in this place.

They do not have a shop where you can buy anything like toiletries you may have forgotten. They refer you to this little news stand thats in an atrium next to the hotel. The people in there can't figure out how to use a credit card machine and in the 50 feet there and back you'll be harassed 20 times by people begging you for money as the homeless seem to gather there.

The "gym" if you can call it that is also very lacking. It is located behind the front desk on the 1st floor. Has two treadmills two elliptical machines a bike and some dumb bells.

The one thing it does have going for it is location. The Balston Metro station is right next to the hotel so you can shoot into dc or anywhere else you need to go very easily. It is connected to a mall via a skywalk however the mall is very lacking in appealing stores.

Also the staff was good. They were always very friendly and courteous and its not their fault the hotel has some quirks.

However the next time I'm here, even though this hotel is connected to the office I'm working at I'll be looking for another hotel.

Almost forgot, the wifi is terrible it just stops working randomly and when it does work it is slow. I believe if you do not have hilton gold or higher you have to pay for it thankfully I did not have to.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HiltonArlingtonVA, Front Office Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide the above feedback. We are sorry to see we did not exceed your expectations with the restaurant and overall bathroom and room accommodations.
Your feedback has been shared with appropriate departments for further consideration. Additionally we want to thank you for your kind comments about the staff. That will also be shared.
Rest assured your comments are highly valued and appreciated as they only help us do better. We look forward the opportunity to host you in the near future and provide you with the experience you have come to expect from a Hilton hotel.

Front Office Manager
Hilton Arlington Hotel

Been to Hilton Arlington? Share your experiences!