“Had expected a better room for paying the full price” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Online and Save 20%
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Ottawa, Canada
“Had expected a better room for paying the full price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had a two-nights stay. The small outside window in our room overlooked and restricted to a series of rooftops. It was unattractive and this took away from an otherwise clean and spacious room. Also had requested 'military rate' for the room. I had US invitational travel orders and I was informed that this Hilton Hotel would honor this rate. I was wrong. Upon inquiring at the front desk upon arrival, the clerk said bluntly: "We don't have any!". Next.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonArlingtonVA, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Greetings Michael! Thank you for recent review on your stay with Hilton Arlington. To address your concern about your military rate; we do offer government/military per diem rate which is based on availability and hotel occupancy. However, to gain a better understanding of the situation I would like to hear from you via email (joy.bethea@interstatehotels.com). I look forward to hearing from you.
Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed here several times as part of meetings and Grant review boards. Each time the staff went out of their way to make me feel very welcome and to try to meet my business needs. The rooms are quite nice and the mattresses are great. The location is fabulous, next to a metro station and with lots of restaurants and coffee shops nearby. Although the restaurant is small the room service menu was quite nice and they tried to accommodate my preferences.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank You Marsha! We appreciate your consistent patronage and the wonderful comments about the Hilton Arlington staff. In addition, we glad that we are able to meet your expectation on each of your stays with us. We look forward to your next visit to Hilton Arlington.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Expensive, but worth every penny. Proximity to the Metro, proximity to DC. Excellent part of town. plenty of restaurants and bars in the area. the staff was excellent. Rooms were very nice, comfortable and clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank You for recent review. We are delighted that our amenities met your expectations. We welcome you to visit Hilton Arlington again on your next travels to the Washington DC area.
Columbus, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

There is nothing special about this place for the price they charge. It costs a lot and they don't even include internet. That was an extra $10.99 per night. There is not need to charge for that these days. The staff was nice and helpful, I can get that for a much cheaper price.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank You for recent review. We understand your concern on room rate and internet charge. I have passed your concerns on to the Hilton Arlington Executive team. We invite you to visit with us again and allow us the opportunity to WOW your expectations.
Dallas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Spotty internet. 48 hour policy for early departure. No late check-out when I asked, but it didn't seem like they were very busy that week. Heater didn't heat much for 2 of my 4 days. TVs in the fitness center only get a few cable channels, not main networks. Not enough convenient plugs in my room. BUT people were very friendly, location is great, felt plenty safe, and the bed and bath were fine. I'll probably stay there again as I'm very loyal to Hilton, but I would warn others of the internet and billing.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank You for recent review. We appreciate your loyal patronage. In addition, on behalf of Hilton Arlington, I apologize for the issues and concerns during your stay. Furthermore, I would appreciate an email detailing your experience and either your room number or stay information so we can better address and repair your concerns. (joy.bethea@interstatehotels.com) We look forward to your next visit and the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel unless there is no other option or for $$$$. The room had mold etc. and 1970's popcorn ceilings. They had attempted a remodel at some point in the past but it was done very poorly. Carpet in guestroom was not maintained/cleaned. No free internet....

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank You for recent review. On behalf of Hilton Arlington, we apologize for your experience. I would appreciate some details about your stay and possibly the opportunity to invite you to Hilton Arlington for a second visit (joy.bethea@interstatehotels.com) I look forward to hearing from you.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I travel to Arlington on occasion and have found this property to be conveniently located with all the amenities I would expect at a Hilton property. The reservations staff (Joy) was particularly accommodating and while I'm not (quite) a Diamond hhonors member, I was impressed that the hotel really wanted to have my business over their competitor who was slightly less expensive. The Metro is very easy to access and the hotel is a nice walk from Clarendon/Court House. I found plenty of local restaurants and businesses and had a quiet, easy stay at this Hilton. Oh, and cabs are lined up right outside the hotel making for a very easy trip back to the airport. Thanks!!!

Room Tip: While I didn't have any noise problems, the Metro/Bus station is right outside the hotel. To ens...