Been staying here for 4 weeks. Overall, great service - that's what pushed it up a rating point, but some negatives, in my humble opinion:
* Week 1: Consistently told at check-in that they "upgraded" me to a club floor room because of my diamond hhonors status. I had to remind them that I paid for that type of room - wasn't an "upgrade". Finally, counter person gave me a suite because I wasn't buying their "upgrade" lingo...Also, loud A/C, would crank on at random hours of the night. Woke up every night at 2am when it cranked on. No room service menu in room, but no biggie. Delivered it when I called for it. Stayed 4 nights - my reservation was for three nights at one rate and the 4th night at a lower rate. Of course, the folio didn't reflect this (had all 4 nights at higher rate). They fixed w/o much difficulty.
* Week 2: Didn't have hot water for shower one morning. Otherwise, not too bad. Their internet was pretty slow this week. Had the same rate situation this week - 3 nights at one rate, 4th night at lower rate. Hotel bill was fine on first try this time. Floor in bathroom was a bit grimy looking like no one had mopped it, good thing I had flipflops.
* Week 3: Preassigned me to smallest room possible in hotel (despite my hhonors status). After calling down to complain, they fixed the situation quickly. Good size king room on club floor (why they didn't just preassign it to me in the first place is beyond me). Internet died for a few days this week. Hotel was really apologetic about it, so that's fine. Had the same rate situation this week - however, folio was wrong (AGAIN) like week 1. When I called down about it, the lady was like "I don't see that on your reservation, but I believe you". I was a bit offended she would even say something like that - i offered to show her my email confirmation but she declined. They fixed the folio / room rate for the 4th night after I called. Floor in bathroom seemed a bit grimy, again, good thing for flip flops. Asked that they don't stick me in a tiny room for following week.
* Week 4: Gave me same room as Week 3 (happy with that). Everything was fine this week. However, i just noticed that they overcharged me on my last night AGAIN. I didn't notice it when I checked out, but only after I got home. Something is definitely up.... if you stay 4 nights (Mon-Thur), you probably have most nights at one rate and the last night at a lower rate on your reservation. However, it may be different on your bill. FYI!
Overall, great service. People are super nice for the most part and very helpful. The lady in the exec lounge (i forgot her name.. oops) is super nice to all guests and she has a great rapport with everyone. Top notch service there! Also, one of the greeters in the evenings (I believe his name is Keith) is great as well. So, the service makes up for the little inconsistencies. You wouldn't notice many of them if you stayed for only a few days, but since I've been there for 15 days, I've started to see some of the same ones pop up...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the upscale Ballston community, the Hilton Arlington Virginia is adjacent to the Metro and minutes from downtown Washington DC. Walking distance to shopping, nightlife and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and BookIt.com so you can book your Hilton Arlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Arlington Hotel Arlington
- Hilton Hotel Arlington
- Arlington Hilton Hotel