“Exceeded my expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Phoenix
“Exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

There's a reason why I prefer Hilton hotels and this property is a prime example. Rarely am I ever asked "How was your stay?" But the desk staff did and it wasn't forced. It's the small things like this that make a big difference. Sure, the rooms are clean and very comfortable but a hotel stay goes beyond that. Like the bartender offering a complimentary glass of wine that you were talking with him about. Like each staff member greeting you with a hello and smile. The employees seem genuinly interested in your stay and enjoy working there. My only complaint was that the Executive lounge wasn't open on weekends. Beyond that minor drawback my stay was perfect.

Room Tip: Reserve or ask for an Alcove room. They're at the end of the hallway and the most quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
HiltonArlingtonVA, Director of Sales at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
The Hilton Arlington appreciates your business and feedback. We are pleased to hear that you were able to experience our staff’s genuine hospitality during your stay. Our bartenders at the Hilton Arlington have been with us for many years and love to talk about their favorite wines and beverages and share that with our guests. In fact, they know most of our guests by name! Thank you again for your feedback, I will be sure to share with all our departments. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stayed here as part of a business trip that was located very close to the Hilton Arlington. I found it to be very convenient and also very comfortable. It is located right near the Metro which you can take to/from Reagan National Airport, and cab rides are not too long as well.

I found the service to be incredibly helpful and very accommodating. When I arrived there was also a large group of high-school age students, so at check-in they were able to put me on a quieter floor, which was greatly appreciated. Also, upon check-out there were some discrepancies about the room rate (it was much higher than what I was quoted) but they were able to correct that right away without any problems.

The rooms were very comfortable, with a pleasant decor and plenty of space. The walls were thin but in general there was minimal noise from the hallway and other rooms. The bed was super comfortable.

There is a restaurant in the hotel, but I didn't eat there as there are many places to eat in the area. If you want a quick breakfast there is a Starbucks within the same building. Also, there is a skybridge which you can take to nearby buildings and the mall, as well as the fitness center. Wifi is available only with a charge, which is a minus.

For a business in the area, the hotel is very convenient. I will definitely return if I have to visit Arlington again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
HiltonArlingtonVA, Director of Sales at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for the great compliments! We appreciate your business and your review. The Hilton Arlington’s location is one of its many great features, along with our spacious guest rooms. It would be my pleasure to share your positive comments with all departments and their team members. We do hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guests in the near future.
Battle Ground WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last week. A couple blocks away from my meetings so the location was perfect, but wouldn't be my top choice of Hotel in the DC area. The hotel was clean, employees friendly, but just didn't feel like the normal Hilton Quality.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Arlington and providing us with your feedback! We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for New Year's weekend and we paid over $180 a night. Personally, I felt that's over priced for this hotel.

The staff was friendly and accommodating. The hotel reserved a private car to take us to the airport. The cost was same for a cab but in a nicer and cleaner car.

The king room was rather small and the shower was dated.

Maybe we paid a lot for New Year's weekend, but the cost could come down at least $50.

• Stayed December 2011
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Hilton is not my favorite chain and there are lots of nearby options in downtown Arlington. But at least this hotel has room service in addition to clean, well-appointed rooms. It is close to everything and the staff is accommodating. Parking is easy--but on the expensive side. This is a good choice for business trips,

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Brookings, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Connected to NSF via a walkway so it is very convenient. The restaurant (Dan & Brad's) is nice but not exceptional, though the service is good. There are quite a few restaurants in the area. The room is nice but not exceptional. The Ballston metro station is located right next door. It's very expensive if you don't get government rates.

Room Tip: If you want any kind of view, ask for a room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
MrsBGray
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton Arlington from 11/18 - 11/20th. I stayed in room 442.

I tried to check in a little early around 2:15 pm and no rooms were available so I went on my way and returned at 8 pm and had a fast check in. Parking garage is right next to hotel. You park in garage and take elevator into lobby/hall area. $17 a day. Self parking - come and go all day long.

My room was a new room, no complaints other than bathroom being a little small but not terrible. The bed was great, room wasn't small. My window faced the street which viewed the mall area. The room was clean and comfortable.

We didn't eat at the hotel during our stay. We did go to the mall via the glass walk way that connects the hotel to mall enterance and the metro on other side. Their is a Starbucks right there also.

This hotel is a 3 star hotel, no frills - It was fine. I would stay there again for the price, location, and beds were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Hilton Arlington? Share your experiences!