“Wished we could have extended our stay!” 5 of 5 stars

From $109 with Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Wished we could have extended our stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

My husband, tween daughter and I just returned from a family trip to D.C. and had the greatest time at this hotel. The full breakfast in the morning is wonderful and such a time and money saver. My daughter was so impressed with the breakfast and manager's evening reception that she said she felt like a princess staying there. The 2 hour manager's reception is such a great way to unwind and relax after a day of sightseeing. The room was large, spacious and had a dining table and a pull out couch in the living area. The T.V.'s in both the bedroom and living room are huge and it is great if the parents and the kids don't want to watch the same thing.
The hotel is very close to the Crystal City Metro stop and the Pentagon City Metro stop. To get to the Crystal City shop, just take a left when exiting the hotel, walk 1/2 a block or so and cut through the Marriott Gateway lobby to the underground tunnel to the Metro. The weather was very cold when we were there and the walk to either Metro stop was still easy and short. If you don't like walking, the hotel shuttle will take you to Pentagon City every 20 minutes.
The staff was very nice and welcoming at check in. Everyone we dealt with from the front desk, room service, breakfast attendants to shuttle drivers, were wonderful and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to families. There are lots of families there on the weekends and lots of students on school trips, so if children bother you, this isn't your place. For families, it is ideal. We can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

728 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

This property is a standard Embassy Suites large rooms and very large flat screen television. The weather was bad so I spent alot of time in the room. The hotel was undergoing renovations so it was hard to get a feel for what the hotel can actually offer. The location is within a mile of the airport and was very good for my stay. The room was clean, but the bathroom was in need of some work. Caulking was in need of replacement and it could have been cleaner. The bed was a basic metal tube frame with a thin mattress and not very comfortable. Parking was $21.00 per night, but it was a very secure lot however still a bit expensive. Breakfast was good and hot, however the juice/drink machines were both broken so youre beverage choices were very limited. One true stand out was a gentleman at the desk named Labron (not sure of spelling). He could not have been more helpful. He recommended great places to eat and always had a smile. I would probably choose to stay here again based on its location and the staff.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

This was an outstanding atrium-styled Embassy Suites.
Our family took a 3 night long weekend trip to Washington DC. From the moment we arrived, much too early to check in, we were well taken care of. Our room was actually ready for us to check in even though we had arrived at 11:30am. The manager commented that he had heard that this was our family's first trip to DC. I had mentioned it when I booked -the reservationists do listen! He gave us an upper floor room with a view - 9th floor. The room was clean. We had 2 large flatscreen tvs (not so great cable service there). The beds & bedding were so comfortable.mmPlenty of storage area.
The managers reception each evening was VERY well stocked. I've never seen frozen margaritas & daquiris at other Embassy receptions. They also had a decent amount of different wines. Ususally there's one cheap white and one cheap red selection. I was very impressed. The snacks varied from night to night - Nacho fixings or Veggies & dip. Always fresh made popcorn. Yum!
The morning buffet was a great way to start our day of sightseeing. Eggs done anyway you like them-not just omlettes.
There are plenty of computers that you can use for FREE in both the Business Center & the freestanding kiosks. They are conveniently located right next to the lounge & pool areas. While enjoying our cocktails, I used the computers to check the menus for restaurants we were considering. The kids used them to keep in touch with friends!
The Metro stops to get into DC are only a few minutes away. Often times it was easier to just walk instead of waiting for a shuttle. My only complaint was that there werent enough shuttles going to the Metro stops. There were PLENTY if you were headed to the airports.
There are a few shopping centers in the area. There are also plenty of restaurants nearby. We found a great habachi Japanese place on 23rd. There is an attached garage next to the restaurant that is FREE on the weekends so don't hesitate to drive over.
Speaking of garages, our last experience at the Embassy Suites was that they let us park there all day on the day of our departure. We went back into town for one final day of sightseeing and they allowed us to keep our car in their garage-free of charge-until we left at 4:30. That was very courteous of them.
Do not hesitate to stay here. You won't regret it! Have a great trip to DC.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Don't know if it was me, but even using the GPS on my iphone, I found the Reagan Airport very confusing to get out of and getting to the hotel even worse. It's only ".99 miles" from the airport, but somehow we ending up going through the tour bus lanes to the Pentagon to get to the hotel from the airport. Unlike us, I would advise a little map study time before picking up your rental car and going to the hotel. Good news is that returning to the airport was a snap. Ah, that must be the secret. We asked directions.

When your reservations say the rental cars are "in terminal," it means kinda sorta. I thought I remembered on a previous trip walking to the rental cars from baggage claim. Guess I should have asked more carefully for directions to "walk" to the rental cars. When I did ask, the guy at the airport's info counter said to go outside and catch the bus. So we did. The wait for the bus was unnecessarily long, it merely took us around a circle about 100 yards from the point of origin, and yes, we could have walked. When I asked the Budget rep "where are the signs in the airport directing travelers on how to walk to the rentail cars," she said "on the second floor." Well, since you arrive on the ground floor, why the signs to rental cars are on the arrival deck are beyond me. Next time, I'll know. (If you don't need a car, the hotel's shuttle buses seem to be the way to go.)

On to the hotel. We went to DCA only to drive 2 hours south to the GA Tech/UVA game and back to the airport for an early morning flight back to Atlanta. Great game. Hotel? Average, including the decor and furniture. The bed, however, was very comfortable and even though it's the typical Embassy Suites with the center atrium, the room was quiet. No noise from surrounding rooms. The room comes with a coffee maker and a "mini-kitchenette." We were in a room with a king bed and a pull-out couch for our two teenagers. No complaints there. Two TV's, one in the bedroom and one in the main room. (So I could watch the College Football Sports roundup for the day and my girls could watch "Men In Black" for the 100th time.) We were on the sixth floor with a view of Crystal City. Might want to request a room on the airport side so you can see the Potomac and the DC sites across the river.

We ordered room service. Adequate but nothing special. Fairly expensive. And as usual, they had the annoying and unposted $21 overnight parking fee. Guess I was happy that it wasn't $30! With the room rate ($199 plus tax, etc.), dinner and dessert for 4, parking, taxes, the tab was $356. Felt more like $250.

The hotel is fairly close to all of the sites to see in DC (right across the river) and albeit we were confused, the closest hotel to Reagan. Didn't seem to be much to do right around the hotel in terms of places to eat but I did notice that there was a Ted's, McCormick Schmidt Steakhouse, Morton's and others not to far away. Probably walkable.

Note: If you're cheap like me and don't buy the pre-fill rental car gas, there is a fairly expensive Exxon right down the street on the way to the airport right before you take the entrance ramp into the airport from that direction.

In summary, the Embassy Suites Crystal City in Arlington is nothing special, quite average. Even though I thought the hotel was a bit more expensive that what was experienced, it's okay for a quick stay that's centered around quick access to the airport. For longer stays, I'll stay "in DC" at the JW Marriott or better yet, the Hay Adams.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Platte City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

I arrived at the hotel a little early (1 hour) before check-in time and was given a different room (one on the top floor) than had been assigned to me. I was in the room for approximately half an hour when a loud roaring sound began from the ceiling. It was quite annoying and loud in the living room and the sound wouldn't stop. Apparently it was a mechanical unit on the roof. I waited for about 15 minutes then decided this would not do, so I packed up and went down to the desk and explained the problem to the supervisor. He was very helpful and gave me another room on the opposite side of the hotel on the same floor (11th). I went to that room and since the bedroom was only about 300 feet from a major highway, the traffic noise was very loud. I left immediately and went back to the supervisor and explained that room would not work for me at all. Again, he was very helpful and accommodating and gave me another room on the side of the hotel I was originally on, but on the 9th floor. This room was perfect! The supervisor later saw me in the Business Center and asked how my new room was, and I told him it was great and I thanked him again for working with me.

Hotel shuttle service to Reagan Airport and The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City is very convenient. The Crystal City Underground Mall and Metro Station is a 10-minute walk from of the hotel. I enjoyed my stay at the Embassy Suites and will consider staying there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Austin,TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

Our group of 4 stayed at the Embassy Suites-Crystal City for 7 nights while visiting Washington DC. The staff was very responsive to our needs. Because there were 4 of us, we called down for extra coffee and towels. These were delivered within a very short time. One evening we had only 30minutes to eat before needing to leave for a show.
One evening we had only 30 minutes to eat before leaving for a show. The restaurant
staff hustled to take our orders and serve us our food in time for us to eat . On another evening, we requested the shuttle for a trip to a restaurant several blocks away. The shuttle driver was on his dinner break at that time. We were willing to wait, but to our surprise the desk manager drove us himself. The hotel is close to the Metro stop. It is within walking distance, but the hotel shuttle will drop you off at the stop. It is a short Metro ride to all the DC monuments, museums, and sights. The complementary breakfast every morning was a great way to start our long sightseeing days. The suite set up was wonderful. The rest of us could stay up and watch TV or talk if another wanted to go to sleep earlier. It was a great value compared to other hotels in DC.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on our family trip to Washington DC. The 'made to order' breakfast every morning was a highlite and we especially appreciated the convenient hotel shuttle which provides regular transportation to the Pentagon City Mall and Metro stop as well as National Airport. We would take the shuttle to the Metro stop and then ride the metro to the DC sites. The hotel has spacious rooms and we like the extra space and pull out couch. Recommend this hotel if you are visiting the Washington DC area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!