“My kind of space, chic” 4 of 5 stars

From $109 with Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“My kind of space, chic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The outside is average. The interior design of common spaces is modern, chic. The rooms have been updated;but, the bed and dresser seem to be original or dated. The bed sleeps well. I really enjoyed breakfast and the shuttle service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed our new look public space and atrium. The feedback has been positive and it is nice to read that you share in that sediment.

Thankfully you had a good night's sleep as that is important when staying at a hotel. The complimentary full breakfast is a great way to wake up and the shuttle most definitely offers convenience to our guests. I am glad you took advantage of these amenities.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

jennifer.geiger@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our riding club has been coming to this hotel for Rolling Thunder for nearly 5 years in a row. Very convenient to the Metro, Crystal City Shops and the Pentagon. We love their breakfasts and happy hour. We were going to set up for next year, but looks as though they're getting so popular we may not be able to get everyone in. They did a great job fixing up the breakfast and managers reception area from last year.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your review. We really enjoy welcoming back the groups that stay with us during Rolling Thunder. The staff looks forward to seeing the familiar faces. I am so glad that you have had many positive experiences and find the hotel to be convenient for your needs. I hope it works out that you can return! We have received many positive comments on our new look Atrium and I am happy to read that you too have enjoyed this.

Thank you again for your review and as always I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Bowie, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For the evening reception, when my boyfriend and I went to get our second round (by a different bartender/staff), we were asked for the hotel key to prove our stay. I understand that this is to be expected a the reception but the issue was that nobody is usually asked for proof of stay or ID, I know this because this is my second time attending. The fact that I brought that up to the staff member must have upset her because she then proceeded to ask for our state licenses and our drinks happened to be markedly watered down from that point. Horrible. I would like to make note that we are of African American decent while the vast majority of patrons were 'not'. It felt very discriminatory to have been singled out like that. Even another guest pointed it out to us and confirmed that they had not seen anybody else be carded or ID'd. This incident spoiled our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for sharing your review. At check in you should have received a card that listed the times of the manager's reception. it is quite common for the staff (myself included) to ask guests to see this card or room key to ensure the people that are enjoying the evening reception are indeed hotel guests. The same should be done at breakfast. I think it would surprise many to know how many locals (or guests at other hotels) try to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast and/or the evening reception. I am sorry this made you uncomfortable and I will speak to the staff to remind them to be consistent in asking for this so the wrong perception is not given.

I do want to point out that every night we have guests of all different backgrounds and this type of claim is not something I have heard before. I truly am sorry you were made to feel this way and we will work hard to make sure that is not repeated.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel has a good location for getting around the Washington area without a vehicle. The room was comfortable. The only views were of other buildings even though we were on the 10th floor. The morning breakfast was good and they also served a complimentary happy hour each evening; weak drinks and minimal snacks for most of the nights. The dinner selections were nothing more than pricey glorified bar food with poor service. I found the lack of a real restaurant to be surprising for an Embassy Suites. I was also surprised that wifi was not free with this hotel even for Hilton Honors members. Okay place to stay, but definitely not top rated.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your review. Many of our guests agree that our location is a great "home base" to stay at when planning on going into Washington DC. i am so glad you felt this way.

While we are close to Washington DC, the surrounding buildings do not allow us to offer many suites with a view. The food offered at the evening reception is not meant to be a substitute for dinner as it is lite snacks to go along with the beverages. The variety offered is dictated by the Embassy Brand so it is consistent from hotel to hotel.

We recently changed our menu and the feedback has been so positive. If you have suggestions on what you would like to see, please let us know so we can consider it when we make another change. Like many Embassy Suites, the hotel restaurant is located in the atrium.

The choice to charge for Wi-Fi is not one that the hotel makes. Hilton Worldwide has decided to charge for Wi-Fi in all full service hotels (Doubletree, Embassy Suites, and Hiltons). This is the same decision made at most other major hotel chains (Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt, etc.) as they too charge in their full service brands. We do offer complimentary Internet in the lobby and in the business center. Per the HHonors amenity program, complimentary Wi-Fi is offered to all Gold & Diamond Hilton Honors members.

Thank you again for your review. I am sorry you left disappointed and hope you return so we can work harder to work our way up your list of hotels. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We had an outstanding family stay at Embassy Suites in Crystal City. We have been staying at Embassy Suites wherever possible for many years. The suite is the best value for money, a great concept, whether for a couple with differing schedules or for a family staying with children. The cooked breakfast is a welcome touch.

All Embassy Suites are not the same, although the concept is the same, and the basic layout is the same.

On the negative side, charging $26 a night for parking seemed excessive, and lack of complimentary internet upset me. However, when I protested, I was given complimentary internet service.

On the positive side, this Embassy offers free shuttle service to the Washington DC Metro Stop and to local restaurants. The room service dinner we had first night was very good, served by Shawna. The desk was superbly accommodating and helpful. Benjamin Clark in particular patiently helped us out in making arrangements. The pool was well supervised.

It would be quite possible to fly into Reagan National Airport, free shuttle to Embassy and use it and its free shuttles for an excellent family vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. It is so nice that you had an outstanding stay experience. You are correct that the suite, breakfast, and evening reception make the Embassy Suites an almost unbeatable value.

The charge of $26 parking is in line with other area hotels and well below that of hotels in Washington DC. We do offer rate packages that include parking and wi-fi at a discounted rate. The choice to charge for Wi-Fi is not one that the hotel makes. Hilton Worldwide has decided to charge for Wi-Fi in all full service hotels (Doubletree, Embassy Suites, and Hiltons). This is the same decision made at most other major hotel chains (Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt, etc.) as they too charge in their full service brands. We do offer complimentary Internet in the lobby and in the business center.

The shuttle does make it convenient for our guests and I am glad you enjoyed this amenity. I appreciate you recognizing Shawna for her efforts and it is nice to read that you enjoyed your room service meal. Benjamin works hard to have a positive impact on all of our guests and I am so glad he met with goal with you.

Many of our guests do use the complimentary shuttle to Reagan Airport to add to the value of their trip. Thank you again for the review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We selected this hotel because of its location to the things we wanted to do around DC and getting to and from Reagan International. We were not disappointed. The freeway and beltways are less than a mile away, They have 3 shuttles and will take you to the airport, the mall or anywhere else if you arrange it before hand. I even saw a few of the trollies and tour buses swing in to pick folks up.

The rooms are very large and my wife and I were very comfortable.. Ours had a good sized bedroom with a comfy, king size bed. It also had a large flat screen TV on top of a convenient dresser. The bathroom was the perfect size and was very clean. The living room had a comfortable couch, a flat screen TV, a desk with 3 chairs, an easy chair, a roll about coffee table, a fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker.

The hotel had an indoor pool and fitness center. The lobby area, it was very inviting and it led right into the main dining area. I didn't eat lunch or dinner in the hotel restaurant but they did offer a complimentary happy hour and breakfast was included. They offered fresh made omelets, hot tray eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes. It also had a good selection of fresh fruits, yogurts, oatmeal and breads.

The rooms were all located in a square, surrounding an 8 story atrium. They had three elevators for the rooms and one for the lower parking garage. It was very secure and we felt very safe.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. We are fortunate to be in a location that is convenient to so much. The shuttles sure make it simple to get around and can be a nice savings as rental cars and taxis may not be needed. I am glad you were not disappointed by our location!

It is nice to read that you enjoyed your suite accommodations. Many of our guests really like that the suite is so much more spacious than a standard room found at other hotels. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception help make the value of an Embassy Suites almost unbeatable. I am glad you took advantage of these amenities.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon and we will work just as hard to again exceed your expectations.. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Hays, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This was a very nice hotel that offered wonderful shuttle service in the area and to the local transportation sites (Metro, airport). The staff was quite friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic. The only real challenge was finding a place to sit to eat because the area was quite congested both Saturday and Sunday mornings. This presented only a minor problem. Definitely a place to consider when traveling to the DC area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you had a great experience. While most hotels only offer a shuttle to the Metro and/or Reagan Airport, we also offer a complimentary shuttle to anywhere within Crystal City. Our guests really enjoy this amenity and I am glad you did too. Your comment on the staff is very much appreciated. I am sorry that you found the breakfast area to be too crowded, but glad it did not prevent you from having a positive experience.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

jennifer.geiger@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!