“Wonderful stay!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Glouster, Ohio
“Wonderful stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our family of 4 stayed here for 2 nights while visiting D.C. The pros about this hotel are the location, short walk or shuttle ride to 2 metro stations, free hot breakfast in the morning (be sure to get there early, or it will fill up quickly), free happy hour with complimentary drinks and the price for the suite hotel was better than most in the area. The rooms were spacious and clean, but were showing their age with some cracked furniture and drywall, and although our room was facing the highway, we did not hear anything from the road or the airport. My daughter and husband used the pool and said it was nice and even had a life guard.

The reason it did not receive 5 stars is one, for the parking charge, $26 a night. I know this is lower than a good bit of hotels in the area, but still, come on, you shouldn't have to pay for parking especially when the parking garage is under the hotel. You can park at the Americana next door for $8 a day (wish we would have seen that prior to check -in). Internet is $12.95 a night, once again, costly. It also took 5 calls down to the front desk to receive a crib in our room when first it was put on our reservation information and then we were asked about it upon check in. 5 calls and 11:15 at night, we finally received it.

To sum up, we would stay here again if we were visiting the area, which we will probably not.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. It is nice to read that you had a pleasant stay and found so many positives in staying with us. I appreciate you taking the time to write about each one. I understand what you are saying in regards to parking. We do offer packages that include parking (and Internet) for a discounted rate and recommend looking into these if this is important to you.

I am truly sorry it took more than one call to have a crib delivered as that should not have been the case. I appreciate you mentioning that you would stay with us again and hope your travels bring you back to the area.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

jennifer.geiger@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I spent a week at this hotel for work in its meeting rooms and can't speak to the sleeping rooms.

However, the meals catered by the hotel were excellent, better than most hotel facilities have provided even at much costlier tiers. There was a variety of entrees at every seating, and the flavor combinations were innovative and bright. Dishes were frequently replaced, and the chefs and what seemed to be the lead server (gentleman with a mustache) were friendly and accommodating to all dietary needs.

Not at all the crusty heat-lamped style one expects from a business lunch for the masses! A pleasant surprise in Crystal City.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. While many people think of Embassy Suites for the great suite concept and added amenities, it is important to note we do have function space that allows us to host many successful meetings, parties, receptions, and more.

I sincerely appreciate you mentioning that the food at your function was so delicious. Unlike some hotels that have a different kitchen for catering events, we have one kitchen so that same tasty food can be enjoyed by all of our guests. Andrew Dixon, our Director of Food & Beverage, is an accomplished chef and really enjoys coming up with unique dishes and unique ways to show a familiar dish. Andrew and his team really try to be able to offer something for everyone. A lot of bigger hotels have strict menus and due to the size have to use those heating lamps you reference, but being we cater to smaller events we can be more flexible to accommodate dietary requests and offer much fresher meals.

Thank you again for your review and I hope your meeting was a success. We would love to welcome your group back. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Bakersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We spent a week at the Embassy Suites Crystal City, Arlington, VA hotel. The price in comparision to the hotels in DC is a tremendous bargain. The hotel is easy access to two metro stations, each within a short walk from the hotel. The location is excellent for both restaurants, shopping, and site-seeing. The hotel is clean, the dinning area was recently remodeled. The lunch and dinner meals at the hotel are surprisingly good and reasonably priced. Breakfast on the weekends is very crowded, go early or expect to wait in line for 15 minutes. Free shuttle service to the airport is nice. During the week it seems to be a business hotel for the Pentagon and weekends a family hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review. I am so glad that you found value in staying with us. You are correct that there can be a significant savings in staying right outside Washington DC vs. staying in the district. With our location, it is sometimes just as simple or even easier to get to certain attractions than if you would have stayed inside Washington DC.

Many our guests really like having the option of walking to the Metro or taking the complimentary shuttle (especially after a long day of touring). The feedback on our new look atrium has been fantastic and it is nice to read that you enjoyed lunch as well as dinner in Tap Twelve Restaurant & Lounge. The new menu has also been a big hit and the team is so excited to be able to offer these delicious meals to our guests.

The complimentary breakfast is very popular and gets quite busy on the weekends. I appreciate your tip to the readers to go early to try and avoid the crowd. Nice observation as we do have a shift from weekday to weekend in the business to family atmosphere, but in the summer months especially, we have plenty of families also staying during the week.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Saint Paul, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I love staying here with my family when I travel on business. Easy access to the airport and metro. Great facilities for the family. I can easily make my meetings, family can enjoy the sights - and on the weekends it is convenient for all of us. Breakfast and reception are nice. Pool is great.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. It can be stressful to try and mix a leisure trip with a business trip so I am so glad we could offer you a great stay experience. We are fortunate to be in a location that is close to Reagan National Airport as well as the Metro. It is nice to read that you enjoyed the breakfast, reception, and the pool.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Overall, our stay was very pleasant. When we first arrived, a couple of items in our first room were not working. We were offered to move to another suite right away, so that problem was quickly remedied. The parking fee of $26.00 per night is a little steep in my opinion, especially when you are already a paying guest. The parking fee is the one thing that would probably keep us from staying at this hotel again in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. It is nice to read that you had a positive stay experience. I am sorry your first room was not to the level of satisfaction you (or we) expect, but glad another suite was offered to you quickly.

We list the cost of parking on our website, through out the reservation process, and again on the confirmation email so no one is surprised. You reference potentially not staying with us due to this and looking elsewhere, but you will find that all hotels in this area charge just about the same parking fare we do. I can understand why if you come from an area that does not charge it would seem steep, but the cost is in line with Crystal City hotels and well below hotels found inside Washington DC. I'd also like to mention that we do offer rate packages that include discounted parking.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I hope you reconsider and return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

jennifer.geiger@hilton.
McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed 4 nights during our visit to DC. Great service. Awesome breakfast. Rooms spacious and nice. AC did not work first night, they gave us fans and fixed next morning. Shuttle to and from Airport. Shuttle to and from Metro Station, which made our DC trip a breeze. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review. It is really nice to read how wonderful your stay experience was. While I am sorry that your air conditioner malfunctioned the first night, I am so glad it was repaired the next morning. The shuttles most definitely make it much more convenient for our guests to get around.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I hope you return soon so we can work just as hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

jennifer.geiger@hilton.
wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This place is in a great location if you want to visit dc but not pay the high prices of dc. Free shuttle to the airport was great. Shuttle to the metro only went twice an hour we found it easier to just walk to the metro stop. the free breakfast was great. Lots to pick from and very good. evening reception is great for free drinks but food is just chips and dips.
We found anytime we asked the front desk a question from when does the shuttle come to requesting a roll away bed it seemed like we were bothering them and they had better things to do. according to the info in the rooms they do have a shuttle that will take you to places in crystal city. I asked one night if we could take the shuttle to their partner hotel to eat dinner there and the front desk person said there was a shuttle but we really should just walk as it was only a few blocks away. far. He did say if we wanted to take the shuttle we could go ask some one else that was working at the hotel to see if they could take us. I understand it was not far to walk but this was also a day when it was 100 degrees and we had been walking around dc all day. There are lots of hotels in crystal city around this hotel that see to offer the same items this hotel did if i were to go back I would try another hotel

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are fortunate to be in a location that allows our guests to have the DC experience without the DC prices. It is nice to read that you found this to be the case. Many of our guests really enjoy having the option of walking to Metro or taking the shuttle.

It is disheartening to read that you had this impression of the front desk as that should never be the case. The Director of Front Office has gone over this with his staff to remind them that the reason we come to work every single day is because of our guests. This perception is unacceptable to us and I am so sorry you had this of our staff.

Thank you for your review and I am sorry we let you down. I hope you reconsider and return so we can work harder at offering you a much better experience. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

jennifer.geiger@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!