“Great Location and Helpful Staff” 4 of 5 stars

From $109 with Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Delhi, India
“Great Location and Helpful Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I used the hotel for one night to be close to the Reagan National Airport for very early flight out in morning. The shuttle was super convenient. I chose to drop rental car off the night before too, so had to check in, take car to airport, come back to hotel in very short time frame. Staff made sure that it happened easily….nice because airport pick-up areas for hotel shuttles NOT very intuitive locations!

The room was squeaky clean and quiet. Although -- this is one of these hotels with very heavy doors that really close hard and loud if people don't close them carefully. Exceptional bed comfort and bedding. Zero airport noise. I appreciate things like convenient elevators and a good layout, this hotel has all that. The food service staff was very prompt.

I notice that a few other reviewers mentioned that hot water takes awhile. These days that's unusual at good hotels. But it made me laugh because that's the only complaint that I had, so pretty minor all in all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. The complimentary shuttle makes is convenient to get to/from Reagan Airport and I am glad you found this amenity to be helpful. As with most airports, the Airport Authority designates where the hotel shuttles can pick up. The pick up points are outside the baggage claim area so it is not as convenient when you are dropping off a rental car. It is nice to read that the drivers worked with you to help make this as easy as possible for you.

The housekeeping team works so hard to offer the same suite experience that you had to all of our guests. We appreciate your comment on the clean room. I am so glad that you found our bed to be comfortable and had a good night's sleep. I am sorry that a door from a surrounding suite disturbed you. This is not a compliant we get often, but again I am sorry this was a challenge for you.

The open space created by the atrium makes the layout of an Embassy Suites very unique. It is nice to read that you enjoyed this as well as your dining experience. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Yours in hospitality -

729 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We had several minor issues with heating/cooling and bath hot water. We encountered some resistance to getting the room temp low enough. Also it took a bit og doing to get hot water in the tub. We love the breakfast. The managers reception was rather low rent when considering the snacks. Other venues did a better job...San Antonio. The shuttle service was excellent. Overall a very good choice for the dollar.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. I am glad that by your title it appears that you had a very good stay. However, I am sorry that you had some challenges during your visit. It must have been frustrating not to be able to get the suite and water to the temperature you wanted, but it is nice to know that both were resolved.

The breakfast is very popular and I am happy to read that this met your expectations. The Embassy Suites brand gives the hotels the snack options to be offered at the hotels during the evening reception. I can not speak to what other hotels offer, but we offer the foods within the guidelines. The reason Hilton Worldwide asks all hotels to follow this plan is to avoid the inconsistency that you experienced traveling from one hotel to the other. I hope you still were able to have a good time at the evening reception.

Many hotels in the area offer shuttle service to the Metro and airport, but very few offer anything else. Our guests really enjoy having a complimentary shuttle on request that goes anywhere within Crystal City. This makes it so simple for our guests to get out and about during their stay. I am glad that you found your stay to be of a good value! It is difficult to find a better hotel value than what the Embassy Suites offers.

Yours in hospitality -

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have been a Hilton Honors member for almost fifteen years, and I cannot believe this is a category 7 hotel. The location was great, and the driver of the shuttle was very nice, but the rest of the stay was a letdown. We stayed over Easter weekend, and clearly the hotel was packed. Despite this, only one person was manning the omelet station and the bar during the evening reception. There were long lines, and they actually ran out of some food and silverware at breakfast. I knew of renovations (from reading other people's reviews), but I do think the hotel should mention it on their website. There was not much room at breakfast, the elevator to the parking garage was shut down at one point, and by the time we left, there was no front desk. In agreement with other people's reviews, the rooms were very tired and worn. Also, the pool doesn't open until 5pm? I have small children who were VERY upset when we told them they couldn't swim in the morning or afternoon. There was a fire alarm at 10pm one night, and we had to evacuate the hotel. At no point was there a manager or any employee giving any sort of direction in the front lobby. We assumed it was ok to go back to our rooms when the alarm was shut off and other people were going back up. Also, the tv was not HD- not a huge deal since we didn't really watch anyways, but still, something you would expect from a category 7 hotel. We stay exclusively at Hilton hotels and have always been pleased, but this hotel was a major disappointment.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. I appreciate you mentioning the positive interaction with the driver, but I am very sorry to read that we let you down. Due to the remodel project of the Atrium, the lines were longer than usual. I will look into the staffing of the omelet station and complimentary bar as we are usually staffed appropriately, especially on high demand weekends as we want to keep the lines moving to keep our guests happy. I apologize that this did not happen with you.

We are excited to reopen the atrium and lobby in mid May when the project ends. The front desk has been temporarily moved to allow the lobby remodel to continue, but of course there has always been a front desk available for our guests.

I am sorry you were not happy with the decor of the suites. In the state of Virginia, the pool requires a life guard and more often than not, during the week, the lifeguard will sit to watch an empty pool until after 5pm as most guests are out and about during the day. I am sorry the pool hours upset your children, but hope they got to enjoy the pool in the evening. On weekends, when more people are in the hotel in the mornings, the pool is open from 10am - 1pm and then reopens at 5pm - 10pm.

For our guests' safety, when the fire alarm rings, we do evacuate the hotel. We did have managers and employees present, but I am sorry that you did not see any helping to direct our guests. I wish you let us know of your disappointment when you were here so we could have tried to make it right.

Thank you again for your review and I am truly sorry we let you down. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Murrieta, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

When we received the confirmation email we were asked if we wished to upgrade. We upgraded to receive unlimited snacks and drinks. We are currently here and have only had snacks and drinks available 2 out of the 6 days we've been here so far. The pictures on the email showed yogurt, fruit and snacks. In reality there is a vending machine which is filled partially. We were also supposed to receive wifi. It is very spotty and disconnects more than it connects. On the other hand, the room is clean and the location is good. The staff is indifferent though about assisting us. I would not waste the money on an upgrade.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the upgrade offered. This is a new program with Embassy Suites and the decision of what food to offer comes from the brand not the hotel. I will share with them your feedback so we can try to improve the upgrade option. Our staff has been filling the machines routinely so it is surprising to read that you have found it to be empty so much. We will look into this to ensure that does not continue. I have informed our IT specialist of the WiFi challenges so he can check the routers on the premium floor to ensure they are working correctly.

Without knowing the specifics of your reservation I am unsure if you let us know about these challenges while you were here. While we really appreciate these reviews, we would much rather have a guest let us know of anything that does not go as planned so we can try to make it right at the time. Again, I am sorry we let you down with the upgrade.

I am glad that you found your suite to be clean and enjoyed your accommodations. It is truly disappointing to read that you perception of the staff was indifference. I know we work hard to make a positive impact on each guest stay, but I apologize that this was not your experience.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work harder to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Parkland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The staff and management make you feel like Royalty. Any and all problems were dealt with swiftly and appropriately. Great location to DC. Looking forward to staying again next time we are in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We understand that what truly sets one hotel apart for another is service. Our staff works so hard to offer top service to our guests and to have a positive impact on their stay. It is very rewarding to read that we were able meet this goal with you. We too are looking forward to welcoming you back.

New York City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Embassy Suites are great for family trips - with a foldout couch in the living area and a king size bed, a family of 4 can be comfortable in one suite. There's a mini-fridge and a microwave plus coffee and tea making facilities. There is a great breakfast buffet and an evening reception with snacks and drinks. Good location - easy trip to central DC and cheaper in price than the downtown DC Embassy Suites.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for choosing to post your review. The suite is a major benefit for all of our guests, but you are correct that the spaciousness is excellent for families. It makes a stay much more comfortable than staying in a standard hotel room. I am so glad you enjoyed your suite.

Along with the suite, the complimentary breakfast and complimentary evening reception make the value of staying at an Embassy Suites almost unbeatable. It is nice to read that you took advantage of these amenities.

So many of our guests mention that they really enjoy being able to take advantage of the DC experience without having to pay the DC prices. I am glad this was your experience too. Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Bloomfield, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Hotel located in convenient area. Minutes from D.C. Overall stay was good. Breakfast dining area was very congested. Hotel was under renovation not sure if this was the reason for limited table/chairs/dishware and silverware.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you had a nice stay experience and found our hotel to be in a convenient location. We are looking forward to reopening our atrium in mid May which will offer much more seating than is available now. I appreciate your understanding of the remodel.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return to see the new look! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

jennifer.geiger@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!