“Girls Night In” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dumfries, Virginia, United States
“Girls Night In”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is my 2nd time staying at an Embassy Suites and 1st time at the Crystal City location. Check in was bit stumbling but only because the attendant was new. Besides that he did great and management was very helpful. Had a cordial conversation with them both. One of the staff members working there was pleasant and housekeeping came quickly when I broke a glass in the room. I would recommend this property. I would not recommend paying for parking, but I did and it was only worth it because it was so cold. If it were a weekday, it's worth paying for parking rather than feeding a meter or getting a ticket. Weekends, take metro and use their shuttle, or just park on the street. Since I'm a local, I know these things. We were at maximum capacity for the room but somehow a glitch in the Embassy Suites website let me book for 6 adults when 5 adults is their max. Fortunately the manager didn't have any issue. Comfortable beds, large space, bathroom is sufficient. Not the newest but the amenities that you expect from Embassy are there and it's worth the nights stay. Breakfast was plentiful, missed the manager's reception but from the looks of it people were pleased. Only issue I had was the slack refrigerator and housekeeping waking us up at 8am by opening our door. Imagine the groans when we had just gone to bed at 5am. EEK!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for choosing to post your review. I appreciate your patience with a new employee and it is nice to know a manager was there to assist him if needed. Also appreciated is you pointing out that your interactions with the staff were positive and the responsiveness to your call was quick.

It is understandable why you would feel the parking charge is high if you come from an area that does not charge. However, the $26 cost of parking is in line with other Arlington Hotels and well below Washington DC hotels. It is nice of you to offer a tip of parking on the street. While the spots are limited, we do have some guests that take advantage of this option if a spot is open.

I am glad that the value of staying in an Embassy Suites enhanced your stay. Typically, housekeeping does not start that early with occupied room and I am sorry you were woken at 8am. The Director of Housekeeping will remind the staff to start with departed suites each morning.

Thank you again for your review and for your recommendation. Being you did not get to sleep until 5am, it looks like you had a fun girls night out. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Jennifer.geiger@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Great hotel with great staff loved it here, very central can get to the metro easy and the malls , the staff are all friendly the place is clean and tidy I will be back at some point to visit , I find the reception staff very helpful The bar staff are great help and friendly, the cleaning staff keep the place very clean and tidy also the guys who drive the transport are so helpful and friendly

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Hello Mrs. Gladwin:

Thank you for choosing to post your review so others can benefit from your experience. It is so nice to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. I appreciate you mentioning the friendly service as our staff works hard to deliver this experience to all of our guests. We hope you return soon so we can work hard to again exceed your expectations.

Thank you again Mrs. Gladwin for the review and choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

703-416-3801
Glen Allen, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I recently stayed at this Embassy Suites location for a weekend. The hotel is very nice. Rooms are clean, staff is very friendly and courteous. For the shopping pros, this location is very close to Pentagon City Mall. This mall is awesome! The hotel has a complimentary shuttle that takes you there. The schedule is a little weird. It runs every 5 and 35 mins. For example, it will pick you up at 12:05 and will pick you up at 12:35. If you need it, it also has a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport. It's also close to local attraction. The Pentagon Memorial is right across the highway. Now, I had 2 complaints for this visit. First, the sink was clogged and the shower head did not have a good water flow. I called guest services to have it fixed. The maintenance tech did not seem to believe that we had problems when he came to the room. I had to make him double check and then he saw the problem and corrected it. The second issue was the breakfast was not as good as I have had at other properties. The omelets seemed to be thrown together and not very flavorful. The pool is small but nice and the hot tub was very clean. For anyone that has a family member or friend that wants to use the pool, they have accessible equipment for the guest to enjoy the water. Oh, and there is a laundry room that is ok...it only has one washer and one dryer. So if you have do use it, do so at night when the chance of anyone else being there. Would I stay here again? Yep!

Room Tip: This is a very quiet hotel....so any floor would be good!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. I am glad to read that you had such an enjoyable visit. Your comments on the friendly staff are appreciated. Many of our guests enjoy having the option of walking the 4 blocks to the mall/Metro or taking the complimentary shuttle.

I am sorry that you had a challenge with the sink drain and shower head. It is disappointing to read that the engineer did not respond properly, but I am glad the issues were resolved. It is so surprising to read that you did not enjoy your omelet. Out of all the comments we get about the breakfast, the delicious omelet is the most common. However, I am sorry this was not your experience.

Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon and we will work harder to exceed all of your expectations! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Hotel is standard Embassy Suites. Rooms are large. Proximity to Pentagon is selling point for me. Easily within walking distance. Wifi wasn't working particularly well in my room. Would not allow me to stay connected on my iPad. Other than that, great hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for sharing your review. It is nice to read that you had a great stay and found the location to be convenient for your needs. My apologies that the Internet was not consistent. I hope you let us know during your stay. While the wifi is run from an outside company we are happy to call it in. A lot of times it is as simple as them resetting the router located closest to the suite with the challenge. Again, I am sorry this occurred.

Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Davenport, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This Embassy Suites really does exceed expectations. Spent 5 days there on business.

Started with the day I arrived in Washington DC, and had to call the hotel to get directions from the airport. The young man that answered the phone gave me very detailed turn-by-turn directions and I found the hotel easily. Then at check in, they had already upgraded my room because I'm a Diamond member to a very nice suite. Most Embassy's wait to see if you ask for an upgrade before giving it to you, but not here, they are right on top of it. Arrived at the room to find a gift basket with snacks, trail mix, and chips. So much better than the two bottles of water most Embassy's offer.

Used the business center several times and all equipment is new and works perfectly. Loved the vending machine on the 10th floor that takes both cash and credit cards and works slick. Huge tv in the bedroom that gets a wide variety of channels.

The employees are awesome. Every front desk clerk gets to know you and speaks as you come in and out of the building. If they are waiting on someone else and you are in line, they "recognize" you and say that the will be with you quickly. Love how they say "it's my pleasure" whenever they do something for you. Housekeepers are so nice and polite and speak to everyone as they pass in the hall. Ran into the "Housekeeping Supervisor" two times and she is so gracious. The young lady who works for housekeeping who is in charge of keeping the elevators and the lobby clean is so nice, and takes pride in her job, and speaks to everyone she comes into contact with.

Saved the best for last. Food at this Embassy is Excellent. Every meal is consistently wonderful. Everything served hot, fresh, generous portions, and cooked to perfection. They have the best fried chicken I've ever eaten. That goes for the french fries also, all hand cut and served hot out of the fryer. Cheeseburgers: Excellent. Onion rings: Excellent. Plus the employees at the restaruant are just so nice and friendly.

The food is so consistant. EVERY day it was spectacular. :)

Breakfast buffet is awesome. Always well stocked, fresh, hot, and delicious. Best breakfast buffet at any embassy I've stayed at.

Hotel is extremely quiet at night. Never any kids running the halls any time of the day.

Excellent job by the manager for making this hotel run flawlessly. Looking forward to my next trip in the DC area so I can enjoy it again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. It is so nice to read that we exceeded your expectations during your fantastic stay experience. Being we are an all suite property, we do not have many upgrades to offer. I am glad you were offered one and that the desk agent was proactive in recognizing your Diamond HHonors status.

The complimentary business center is a popular place for our guests. While it is run by an outside vendor, we do work with them to ensure all machines remain operational. The credit card option on our vending machine has gone over well with our guests as some prefer this to cash.

We work hard to separate ourselves from other hotels by not only the great Embassy Suites product/amenities, but also our customer service. We understand that a lot of times that is the difference between a good stay and an exceptional stay. We strive to offer our guests an exceptional one. The front desk staff tries to recognize all of our guests and really do a great job welcoming back repeat guests. The housekeeping crew will be so happy to read your comment. You taking time to acknowledge the staff is very much appreciated.

Most guests comment on our breakfast so I am glad you took the time to comment on our other meal options. We just had a new Director of Food & Beverage come on board so we expect things will only get better. It is nice to read that you enjoyed your meals in the Crystal Grill and/or the Atrium lounge.

We try to offer a quiet evening for our guests. In all honesty though, this is the "off season" for tourists and student groups. While the evenings should still be peaceful, you would notice many more kids in the March - June timeframe. I just wanted you to know in case you return.

Thank you again for your detailed review and for staying with us. We set the bar high, but look forward to the challenge or repeating your excellent experience when you return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Yours in hospitality -

Temple Hills, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I would recommend this hotel it is a great value. I came on a Friday night, ate good at the hotel restaurant and had a great night sleep. I can't wait to return. The suites are absolutely amazing, I don't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. Many of our guests agree that the Embassy Suites offers the best value of any hotel due to the complimentary suite, breakfast, and evening reception. Each offers nice savings of what you would pay at other hotels.

Our goal is to have each guest leave wanting to return. I am so glad this goal was met with you. We look forward to your return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Yours in Hospitality

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Amazing service and friendly staff....great breakfasts buffet, love the cleanness of the hotel in general. they have a shuttle services that took you from/o Airport and metro station by the Mall in the city, this was really convenience for us...will visit this hotel again :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. It is rewarding to read that you experienced such friendly service and had a great stay. I appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel as the housekeeping staff works very hard to offer this experience to all of our guests.

Thank you again for your review and for your recommendation. We hope you return soon so we can work hard to exceed your expectations again. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

703-416-3801
jennifer.geiger@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!