“Embassy Suite in Crystal City” 4 of 5 stars

From $139 with Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
United States
“Embassy Suite in Crystal City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Great staff, nice amenities. Enjoyed the made to order omelette station and salt water pool. Convenient location, close to DC museums and other sightseeing areas. Lots on choices for dining nearby and easy access to bike path.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is nice to read that you had a positive hotel experience. It is our goal to ensure each guest has a great stay, leaves happy and wanting to return. It is rewarding to know we met this goal with you.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.

620 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Los Angeles, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This Embassy is clean and modern, located near the Airport and all the Capital sights. It is well priced and offers all the usual Embassy amenities. At the price there is not a better value in the DC area. It is a very convenient to the Pentagon, as you will observe your first breakfast there. Definitely a bargain.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay. We are fortunate to have such a great location for both business and pleasure needs. When you consider a complimentary breakfast for all occupants as well as the evening reception on top of the comforts of a suite, you are correct that the value is very difficult to beat.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to ensure you have another positive experience. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.

Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I found a great bargain rate for this hotel on a long weekend - $79 a night, third night free! Parking is a rip -- but typical for the DC area. Roll away bed and sofa bed were exceptionally uncomfortable. Embassy Suites/Hilton needs to invest some money for upgrades.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you took advantage of a great deal offered. While weekend rates are typically lower than weekday rates, that is an unusually low rate due to a low demand weekend.

I am sorry that you did not find the roll away bed or sofa bed to be comfortable. We do replace these items from time to time and I appreciate your feedback on this.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman anytime at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.

Plymouth, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had not been in an Embassy Suites since the late 90's and things haven't changed for this place since then. The outside as well as inside need to be updated. But to be totally honest, the same applies to all the hotels in this area.

The bathroom does not have a fan, there is a square cut off and replaced on the ceiling (probably where the fan was). But there was another cutting in the ceiling right outside the bathroom.

The rooms are nice and big and the staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. The one attribute of the Embassy Suites brand I hear more than any other is consistency. Many guests really enjoy that the look and feel of the Embassy Suites has not changed over time and the awesome complimentary amenities are still being offered. The product offered in our suites has been updated many times since the 90's, but I am sorry that you were not happy with your suite accommodations. I do want to let you know that our atrium area will be going under an extensive redesign early next year and will have a brand new look when it reopens. I do hope you come back to enjoy it.

I appreciate you letting us know of the cut out in the ceiling. I am sorry this was not visually appealing and will share this with the Director of Property Operations so it can be addressed.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your review. We hope you return soon and we will work hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.

Aberdeen, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Some rooms must be better than others....but not my room. Perfect spot to hear the loud road noise from the cars passing all evening. Add to that the cold air blew all night making it miserable. The managers reception was a disappointing chips and salsa, pita and hummus. Other hotels in the area have real food. No waffle maker for breakfast, although others enjoyed the eggs to order. Parking fee was similar to other hotels. Walking distance to pentagon and pentagon mall.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your review. I am sorry that you had a challenge with the road noise. It is not a complaint we hear often, but we are glad to try and assist light sleepers by placing them in other areas of the hotel. In the future, please let us know of challenges while you are here so we can try to make it right either by looking into the cold air or offering a different suite to you.

The Evening Reception is not meant to be a substitute for dinner. It is lite snacks to enjoy with your complimentary alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages. The choice of what to offer is actually set by the Embassy Suites Brand, not individual hotels. We do change the offerings to mix it up between chips/salsa to veggies, cheese, and dip.

Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at any time. He will be very happy to assist in anyway he can.

Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in Arlington for a conference. Upon entering I found the hotel to be a bit dim and dreary. And it had nothing to do with the weather. The lobby looked worn. The furniture was dirty and unkept. There were a measly 2 or 3 bruised bananas left in the bowl at the reception desk along with apples that had seen better days. Not a good start at all. And for $226/night this was not what I expected. When I got the room, things started looking up. It reminded me of one of the reasons I usually like Embassy Suites and that is that the extra room is truly the "suite" part of the deal. There is so much space! And it is really set up well for someone traveling on business. Then you add in the free breakfast and everything really takes a better turn. This is not just a continental breakfast - this is a smorgasbord of pancakes, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, grits and even an omelette station. Its downright delightful to wake up and run downstairs to eat. Lastly, everyday they have a Manager's reception that has a few appetizers which are nothing to write home about - but wait, they also have FREE beer and wine. You read that correctly - its free from 5:30-7:30. That is really all that needs to be said. My work here is done. Book the Embassy Suites wherever you go for work and you will not be sad you did.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so sorry that your first impression of the hotel was not a positive one. Many guests really enjoy the lobby area and find it to be inviting, but I apologize this was not the case for you. The Director of Front Office will remind the staff that the fruit put out for our guests should be appealing and not bruised. This is typically the case, but apparently not on the day of your arrival.

It is great to read that we rebounded nicely and you went on to have a nice stay experience. You are correct that the suite offers a much more spacious and comfortable stay than a standard hotel room does. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception do make the value of an Embassy Suites almost unbeatable. I am glad you enjoyed both of these amenities.

Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon and we will work harder at offering you a better welcome. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at any time. He will be very happy to assist in anyway he can.

Loves Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Attended a seminar at Ritz Carlton. Free shuttle service to front door of Ritz (also location of Metro station and Mall). Very convenient. Free shuttle to and from the airport. Free shuttle service on-call to/from local restaurants. Great accommodations. Complimentary cooked breakfast each morning and manager's reception each night saved a lot in eating expenses.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing to share your experience. We are so honored that you chose to stay with us even though your function was at the Ritz. While most hotels in the area offer complimentary shuttle to/from the Airport and/or the Metro, we are one of the few that also offer an "upon request" shuttle that goes anywhere within Crystal City. This makes getting to some of the many restaurants, offices, and other locations very simple.

You are correct that the value of the Embassy Suites is very tough to beat being all guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning and evening reception. I like to remind potential guests when comparing another hotel brands rates with an Embassy Suites rate be sure to add to the other hotel's rate the cost of breakfast per person (typically $16 - $20 per person), the cost of 2 cocktails ($8 - $12 per person) and the upgrade to a suite ($20 - $30). Then you can clearly see the excellent value an Embassy Suites rate offers in comparison. It is nice to read that you found value in staying with us.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com at 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.

Jennifer Geiger

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!