“Makes up for what is lacking.” 4 of 5 stars

From $109 with Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, FL
“Makes up for what is lacking.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in Arlington for a conference. Upon entering I found the hotel to be a bit dim and dreary. And it had nothing to do with the weather. The lobby looked worn. The furniture was dirty and unkept. There were a measly 2 or 3 bruised bananas left in the bowl at the reception desk along with apples that had seen better days. Not a good start at all. And for $226/night this was not what I expected. When I got the room, things started looking up. It reminded me of one of the reasons I usually like Embassy Suites and that is that the extra room is truly the "suite" part of the deal. There is so much space! And it is really set up well for someone traveling on business. Then you add in the free breakfast and everything really takes a better turn. This is not just a continental breakfast - this is a smorgasbord of pancakes, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, grits and even an omelette station. Its downright delightful to wake up and run downstairs to eat. Lastly, everyday they have a Manager's reception that has a few appetizers which are nothing to write home about - but wait, they also have FREE beer and wine. You read that correctly - its free from 5:30-7:30. That is really all that needs to be said. My work here is done. Book the Embassy Suites wherever you go for work and you will not be sad you did.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so sorry that your first impression of the hotel was not a positive one. Many guests really enjoy the lobby area and find it to be inviting, but I apologize this was not the case for you. The Director of Front Office will remind the staff that the fruit put out for our guests should be appealing and not bruised. This is typically the case, but apparently not on the day of your arrival.

It is great to read that we rebounded nicely and you went on to have a nice stay experience. You are correct that the suite offers a much more spacious and comfortable stay than a standard hotel room does. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception do make the value of an Embassy Suites almost unbeatable. I am glad you enjoyed both of these amenities.

Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon and we will work harder at offering you a better welcome. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at any time. He will be very happy to assist in anyway he can.

732 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Loves Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Attended a seminar at Ritz Carlton. Free shuttle service to front door of Ritz (also location of Metro station and Mall). Very convenient. Free shuttle to and from the airport. Free shuttle service on-call to/from local restaurants. Great accommodations. Complimentary cooked breakfast each morning and manager's reception each night saved a lot in eating expenses.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing to share your experience. We are so honored that you chose to stay with us even though your function was at the Ritz. While most hotels in the area offer complimentary shuttle to/from the Airport and/or the Metro, we are one of the few that also offer an "upon request" shuttle that goes anywhere within Crystal City. This makes getting to some of the many restaurants, offices, and other locations very simple.

You are correct that the value of the Embassy Suites is very tough to beat being all guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning and evening reception. I like to remind potential guests when comparing another hotel brands rates with an Embassy Suites rate be sure to add to the other hotel's rate the cost of breakfast per person (typically $16 - $20 per person), the cost of 2 cocktails ($8 - $12 per person) and the upgrade to a suite ($20 - $30). Then you can clearly see the excellent value an Embassy Suites rate offers in comparison. It is nice to read that you found value in staying with us.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com at 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.

Sandys, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel was in the perfect location. It is in walking distance to both Pentagon and Crystal City metros, had reliable shuttle services, a great breakfast, spacious suite... My 6 year old was very impressed. It was just what we were looking for. Would definitely consider this hotel again when visitng the DC area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for choosing to post your review. I am so glad you found the location of the hotel to be convenient for your needs. We are fortunate to be so close to multiple Metro stations, the Pentagon, a major shopping mall, Washington DC, many restaurant options, and much more. While a lot of what I mentioned is walkable from the hotel, many of our guests take advantage of the complimentary shuttle.

I am glad you enjoyed your suite and the complimentary breakfast. As a parent myself, I know how tough it can be to impress a 6 year old as they are so honest about their observations, so it is rewarding to read that yours had an enjoyable stay.

Glenolden, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

All in all, a very nice hotel. Check in is fast, and the common areas are spotless, and inviting. The staff are great, any thing they can do to help is no problem. The room is standard Embassy Suites, large, clean and functional. The 2 large TV's are a definite plus. The nightly "managers reception" is also standard, with a few, (very few) munchies and a decent open bar. The breakfast is great, even the buffet is above most others, and the cooked to order food is great.

The only draw back is the address. Try to find Jefferson Davis Highway, and you will drive in circles for hours, there just ain't no such thing. The actual address is on Ebbs Street, (I think that is right), and being tucked off the main street with a small sign, it is easy to miss. Other than that, not a problem at all going back there.

$26.00 per night to park also hurts, but in that area, fairly standard.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. I am so glad you had an enjoyable stay. We understand that after a long day of travel that our guests want a quick and simple check in. It is nice to read that this was your experience. Your comments on the cleanliness of the hotel is appreciated as our housekeeping staff works very hard to offer this same perception to all of our guests.

It is rewarding to read the kind things you wrote about the staff. Our goal is to ensure every guest has an enjoyable stay experience, leaves happy, and wants to return. I am glad this was met with you. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception definitely add value to our guests stay. it is a great way to start the day and evening.

Our actual address (for GPS purposes) is 1402 S. Eads Street - Arlington, VA 22202. Your tip is a great one for our incoming guests to have. We do have the GPS address all over our directions section of our website to help ensure no one gets frustrated when coming to visit.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We hope you return soon and please know that we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.

Hughesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Plan to use this hotel for Crystal City business trips. Great staff and good location. We stayed here for the Marine Corps Marathon. Did not get caught in any of the event traffic post race. Was close enough to walk to start and walk back from finish. Family was able to see me run at three different locations easily walkable from hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for sharing your experience so others can benefit. It is so nice to read that you had an enjoyable stay. We really enjoy welcoming back the participants in the marathon year after year as many choose to stay with us each year. I am glad you found our location to be convenient for your needs and it enabled you to avoid the congestion of the post-race rush to leave town.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. It is great to read that you will be back with us when you return to town for business. Please know that we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.

Honolulu, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

When you live in Hawaii, visiting Washington D.C. is generally nothing but long hard days, jet lag and time changes. The Embassy Suites in Crystal City was a welcome surprise that made me feel welcome, comfortable, and calm amidst crush of the weeks events. My room was clean, quiet, and comfortable, and let me focus on work before relaxing for needed recharging. Outstanding property in Crystal City.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you sharing your review. A long travel day is a tough way to start a stay, but I am so glad we helped make your visit an enjoyable one. You comment on your clean suite is appreciated as the suitekeepers work very hard to offer this same experience to all of our guests.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We hope you return soon and we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.

carlisle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Was very impressed with this hotel and the staff was excellent! The evening reception and complimentary breakfast was great and saved us quite a bit of money over choosing breakfast somewhere else. Will definitely return!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is so nice to read that you had a positive stay experience. You are correct, the complimentary breakfast and evening reception add so much value for our guests. It is really difficult to find a better hotel offering than the Embassy Suites.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He will be happy to assist in anyway he can.

Jennifer Geiger

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!