“Embassy Suites/Crystal City october 2013” 4 of 5 stars

From $139 with Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Steubenville, United States
“Embassy Suites/Crystal City october 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We pick a different hotel in Crystal City every time we travel to DC. Overall the hotel is very nice. Clean and fresh. Parking is an additional $26.00 per day with free in and out. The housekeeping staff especially are very friendly, polite and accommodating. Our room/s were clean and well stocked. Breakfast is really good but by Sunday they had run out of danishes and it was difficult to keep the pots full as there were many people. Pool very very small. Not quite warm enough. SPA was broken. Very disappointing as that is one of the main reasons we chose this hotel. Beds very lumpy and uncomfortable-had to change rooms and it was not that much better

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to post your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us this time and hope you will choose to do so next time you are in town. I appreciate you mentioning the friendliness of the housekeeping staff and the cleanliness of your suite. The housekeeping staff works so hard to offer this same experience to all of our guests. My apologies that there was no danish on Sunday, but glad to read you had a good breakfast experience.

We are working on fixing the spa. It was not expected to be out of order and I am sorry this negatively impacted your stay. We typically get positive comments on our beds, but I am sorry this was not your experience.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. Again, please accept my apologies for the challenges you experienced. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He will be happy to assist in anyway he can.

701 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at the Embassy Suites-Crystal City Oct 10-14. The hotel provides a shuttle to and from the airport and to the metro in Pentagon City. Upon request, they even provide shuttle services to the grocery store, which was excellent. The shuttle runs daily to around 10 or 11pm. Also, every evening is the manager's reception which is really happy hour. The manager's reception is a great time to mingle while sipping on complimentary alcoholic/non alcoholic beverages and snacks. I even met some folks from my hometown duriing the manager's reception. I had a king size one bedroom with a view of the highway and Crowne Plaza. The room was modern with two flat screen tvs and fridge and microwave. The staff overall was friendly and helpful but one guy at the front desk my first day was kinda short and rude. But he was the only one. The hotel is in walking distance to Pentagon City which is a great spot for food and shopping. The hotel also offers complimentary breakfast each morning which was excellent also.The only negatives was no free wifi and the pool area was small and had a leak in the roof. The hotel charged 12.95 per 24 hours for wifi. But the hotel does have a business center where you can use internet/print/fax and has an internet kisosk in the lobby. But I would have preferred using the internet in the room. But overall great hotel for the money I paid. And yes I will be staying here again when I return to DC next year because I so happen to visit DC during the shutdown.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is nice to read that you took advantage of the shuttles. While most hotels provide transportation to the airport and/or Metro, not many also provide a shuttle upon request. Many of our guests really appreciate the option of taking a shuttle to any point within Crystal City.

The Evening Reception is popular and a fun place to relax. That is pretty amazing that you met someone from your hometown. While it is nice to read that you enjoyed your suite and found the majority of the staff to be friendly, it is disappointing to read that you had a negative interaction with a staff member. I am very sorry about that.

I appreciate you mentioning the business center and Internet quiosk as an option to utilize complimentary Internet. Your comment about preferring complimentary wifi in your suite will be passed onto Hilton Worldwide as they made the decision to charge for in-room wifi at all full service hotels. It must have been frustrating to visit during the shut-down and I am sorry this impacted your stay. However, I am happy to read you will return.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He will be happy to assist in anyway he can.

Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This location gave us a clean comfortable suite, and the usual managers reception in the evening and a very nice breakfast in the morning. The only real negative was the very small pool with a 30 minute limit on swimming and the hot tub was broken. The microwave in our suite did not work, otherwise the suite was very nice. Hotel does appear to be a little tired and in need of some updating, but still a very nice stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your suite and the amenities offered at the Embassy Suites. When there is not a wait line for the pool, there is no limit to the amount of time you can enjoy it. The pool can be quite popular on weekends and in the summer so the lifeguards do keep people rotating in/out so everyone can enjoy some swim time. I am sorry that this disappointed you, but hope you understand the reasoning behind it.

My apologies that the microwave did not work; that is extremely unusual. I hope you let us know while you were here so it could be replaced. We are constantly updating the hotel to keep it fresh and I hope when you return you notice some of the changes.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. It is nice to read that despite the challenges you experienced that you had a positive stay. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He will be happy to assist in anyway he can.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Nice clean suites, very friendly staff. Very reasonable group rate. Buffet breakfast included in price. Hotel was in good location; free shuttle to airport, as well as shopping mall, Metro and restaurants in close vicinity. Managers reception every evening with free wine and nibblies.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so glad to read that you had a positive stay and found our staff to be friendly. All of our guests get to enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet as well as the evening reception and these amenities most definitely help make the value of an Embassy Suites rate tough to beat.

We are fortunate to be in a location that offers a convenience to so many travelers coming in for different reasons. It is nice to read the location helped enhance your stay experience.

Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon and we will work just as hard to again exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and kevin.feldman@hilton.com. He will try to assist in anyway he can.

Wheeling, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The shuttle to and from the airport or the metro station was so convenient. My husband travels with a mobility scooter and they had a shuttle with a lift for us when we needed it. The staff was genuinely happy to help any way they could. The room was big, clean and wonderful! We enjoyed the breakfast and evening refreshments also. Was a very nice experience and worth every penny we paid. Thank you! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read that the shuttle offered you a convenience and made it simple to get from Reagan Airport to the hotel. I appreciate you mentioning the staff going out of their way to make your stay even more special as they work hard to offer this experience to all of our guests. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception offer great value for each of our guests and it is nice to read these amenities helped enhance your experience.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is handy in terms of the following: Crystal City, Pentagon City and Reagan National Airport with shuttle service available to all of the above. To the airport and Pentagon City the shuttle leaves twice an hour with pickups at the same time which could be a bit confusing for travelers--I would suggest that the hotel might want to consider separating the times by a few minutes. For return from Pentagon City there is a set return time as well and for Crystal City arrangements need to be made with the front desk. The rooms were ok but wifi was a bit problematic--at one point I ended up picking up the network for their meeting rooms as both the at and t and hhonors networks were not responding! To me the breakfast was fine although on the Sunday I was there (over Columbus Day weekend) tables were not cleaned towards the end of the breakfast period.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. We are fortunate to be in a location that offers convenience to so many areas. The airport shuttle actually departs every fifteen minutes, but two trips per hour coincide with the Metro shuttle departure. I am sorry you found it confusing. The drivers are supposed to announce which shuttle it is to help our guests, but I apologize if this was not done. The Director of Front Office will remind them how important it is to do this to avoid any confusion.

My apologies for the challenge with the wifi. I am sure that was frustrating and I will ask our IT to look into this to make sure all the routers are operating correctly as if one goes out that can cause some connectivity challenges. The breakfast staff tries to keep up with the demand, but I am sorry if they fell behind on Sunday. I hope you still enjoyed your breakfast experience.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman anytime at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He will be glad to assist in anyway he can.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is a gem in the DC/NoVA area. The entire staff made our stay very pleasant and went out of their way to provide great service! The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Crystal City. They also have a shuttle bus they will take you to the restaurants in the area. Great stay...could not ask for me!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to share your review. I appreciate you mentioning the staff as they work hard to offer the same fantastic experience you had to all of our guests. The shuttle to the local area, which most hotels do not offer, is a great convenience for our guests as getting to so many restaurants is simple. I am glad you took advantage of it!

Thank you again for your review and if it was your birthday celebration please accept my belated Happy Birthday wish. We hope you return soon and please know we will work hard to again exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman anytime at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He will be glad to assist in anyway he can.

Jennifer Geiger

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!