“Embassy suites” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Aiken, South Carolina
“Embassy suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

The location is a little away from things but they have shuttles to the metro, shops, etc. the rooms are spacious suites but the bathroom fixtures are a bit dated although maintained. The breakfast is family style with runnier than preferred scrambled eggs. Omletes are only thing cooked fresh. The managers social happy hour is extremely crowded and limited choices. Not as good as other ES I have been at.

• Stayed August 2013
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. Many guests like the fact that the hotel is not in the heart of the city, but close enough that many things are within walking distance. As you mentioned we do have a shuttle that will go anywhere within Crystal City. This is unusual for hotels in this area as most only go to the Metro and/or the airport. Having that shuttle offers a great convenience for our guests as it makes so many restaurants easily accessible. The hotel is only a 4 block walk (10 minutes) from two Metro Stations, but shuttle is available for those that can not or choose not to make the walk.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the spacious suite. Having the cooked to order omelet station is unique for Embassy Suites Hotels and is nice for all guests, but especially those that choose not to eat the eggs off the buffet line. It is nice to read that you enjoyed this option. The beverages and foods offered at the Manager's Reception should be the same at all Embassy Suites. We follow the offerings allowed by the Embassy Suites brand and have been asked to do so by Hilton Worldwide to try and create consistency from one hotel to the next. The Manager's Reception can get crowded from people unwinding after a day of touring or gearing up for a fun night out.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work harder to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
ronkonkoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel is a few block from the Pentagon City Metro station. (2 stops from the mall, 3 from Smithsonian stop) The hotel offers a shuttle to the station if you don't want to walk. The rooms were a nice size and in good shape. Breakfast was excellent and beats most free breakfasts I have had in hotels. The reception is a nice touch. The only minus is you need to pay for Internet and parking.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you found the location to be convenient for your needs. We are fortunate to have a location so close the Metro and Washington DC as well as Reagan Airport.

I am glad you enjoyed your Suite and had a positive breakfast and Manager's Reception experience. There are packages offered that include parking and Internet in the price of the room and I advise all travelers to go to the hotel website to find the best rate package for you. We do offer complimentary Internet in the business center (3 terminals) as well as at the two Internet quiosks.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great location, service was excellent. The hotel was a little rowdy and the breakfast buffet was severely understaffed. Service expectation was not met for the breakfast buffet or the evening cocktail though the food was of good quality. The room was great, it was clean and, as usual, a very decent size. Parking was a little expensive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read that you had a positive stay experience. However, I do apologize we let you down in regards to the service at the breakfast and the Manager's Reception. We know those amenities are a major reason our guests choose to stay with us so we work hard to make them enjoyable experiences. Once again, I am sorry this was not the case for you.

The suite is spacious and it is nice to read that the cleanliness met your expectations. While the parking charge may seem expensive, it is in line with area hotels and far below hotels inside Washington DC.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights, hotel is fairly clean, though room we had was a little tired and could do with decorating and updating. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 close by Metro stations so linked with main attractions within 15 minutes is handy.

Mangers free bar was very welcome at the end of a gruelling day, breakfast is complimentary and if reasonable quality.

It is only a short walk to The Pentagon so very well situated for visitors to the memorial garden, very poignant

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay experience. My apologies that the suite appeared to be tired, but i appreciate you mentioning it being clean. Our location is a big benefit to our guests as getting to the Metro, Pentagon Fashion Mall, and Washington DC is simple as well as quick. It is nice to read that you enjoyed the complimentary amenities that make an Embassy Suites an excellent value.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here and used up a bunch of Hilton Honors points in the process for two rooms, 4 nights. Great place for the family (me, the wife, 4 kids 17, 16, 11, 5) to stay given proximity to DC Metro (hint - enter the Metro via the Marriott lobby one block away). Also nice to have the free breakfast and managers reception in the evening. Be warned - this place was PACKED the 4 days we were there and they had trouble keeping up with clean plates, silverware, food, etc. Just know that in advance and take in in stride if you hit it in peak season. Also one other word - the pool is not much bigger than that really small one in your backyard so they limit how many people can be in it at any one time. We had to wait until our third night to even get a time they would let us in. If you are intent on doing a lot of swimming this might not be your place. Otherwise the rooms were great for an adult and two kids in each room and very spacious and clean. Great place to camp out for 4 days visiting the sites.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I appreciate you bringing your family to stay with us and glad you found it be a great value. Walking to the Metro is an option, as it is only 4 blocks away or many guests enjoy the complimentary shuttle ride.

This time of year when the hotel is full of mostly families (4+ppl per suite) does make for a packed breakfast. We try to staff appropriately and often managers of all departments chip in to help bus tables. We do offer recommended dining times (signs in the elevators) as there are some times that seem to have less of a crowd than others.

Unfortunately the pool is not as large as we'd like, but the lifeguards do an excellent job of rotating guests in/out so everyone gets a turn. I appreciate your patience and I am glad you got to enjoy it. The spacious suite is an excellent benefit when traveling with the family and most guests agree that our location is fantastic for easy access into Washington D.C.

johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The value for the dollar was decent given the high price of DC accommodations, but don't expect too much. It was a bonus to have parking, wifi, breakfast, and evening reception included the room rate, but the hotel was overcrowded, making the breakfast an ordeal.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. I am glad you felt there good value in you staying at the Embassy Suites Crystal City. All guests can enjoy the complimentary breakfast and the evening Manager's Reception. We do have various room packages and I am glad to see you found one that fit your needs by including wifi and parking in it. There are times that breakfast gets very crowded. We try to alert guests as to the best time to go to breakfast with the signs in the elevators. I am sorry you felt it was too crowded when you went down for breakfast, but glad the remainder of your stay was a positive one.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Mt Airy, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel in a two week period. I had a minor issue on the first stay that was ignored by the front desk staff, but it was minor so I wasn't too concerned. On the second stay I found a large blood-like stain on the bed linens - again, the front desk staff was apathetic and told me it was probably just a stain housekeeping couldn't get out. After insisting I would not sleep in the bed in its condition, they finally sent someone up to take a look. If you don't have to deal with the front desk you will enjoy your stay, otherwise it will be much less that satisfying or relaxing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry that you did not have a positive stay experience. Reading about the response you received from the desk staff is disappointing and I am sure that the Director of Front Office will go over your comments with his team. The staff is usually very responsive so I am unsure why this was not the case with you. It is understandable why you would be disappointed in the response you received as regardless of how minor or major a complaint is, it should be handled with the same urgency. Again, this will be followed up on.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return. I am confident that if given another opportunity we can change your impression of the front desk staff. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!