“customer satisfaction” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
hampton, United States
“customer satisfaction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The General Manager at the Crystal City, Virginia Embassy Suite location, on the day of check out personally made phone calls to my financial institution to have funds immediately that were being held in excess, and he also placed a call to another Embassy Suite property in which I was traveling to to inform them of my problems that I had experienced. He asked what could he do to not only make my experience a better one, but would be in keeping with the very high standards and commitment of the Hilton family. What I suggested was what he made happen, instantaneously. He again, apologized any prior problems, and said his only objective was to make sure I would recommend Embassy Suite to my family and friends. He really needs to be an example for all Hilton property management staff to emulate and learn from.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that the manager you worked with was able to restore your faith in the Embassy Suites and apologize for the challenges you experienced while staying with us. While the General Manager would have done the same for you, she is a woman so I hope you will contact me with who you worked with. Once identified, we would like to recognize this employee's customer service efforts.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

was absolutely PERFECT. Our pre- check-in arrangements and requests were handled to our extreme satisfaction. Throughout the stay, the front desk staff was very accommodating. The food service management and chef were amazing, the director, Aaron, personally supervising and helping his staff deal with the rush at breakfast and during the reception time. Shuttle drivers are friendly and efficient. The pool is small, but staffed with a lifeguard!! The "rotation" system assures all a chance to use the pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for writing a review. It is great to read that you had such a wonderful stay. I appreciate you mentioning how friendly the staff is and it is nice to read that you had a great interaction with Aaron. The management staff is often out helping the team as this helps ensure our guest's are happy and that is our number one goal. I am glad you took advantage of the shuttle service and found the drivers to be helpful.

The lifeguard is quite busy during the summer months and makes an effort to have all of our guests (that want to) enjoy the pool. The rotation system does work well in this effort.

Thank you for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Nashville TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I usually stay at Embassy hotels when traveling (and I travel a lot). This hotel is very convenient to the airport. Food and beverage were excellent and I must say the room was one of the nicest Embassy rooms I've been in.

The staff was very helpful when we asked for recommendations and directions. The bar was nice and the morning breakfast staff very friendly even though there was a million families in the hotel, being the 4th of July week. Even though there were kids running around everywhere, the staff kept things moving at breakfast and the tables clean. The omelet cook was smiling and friendly - I'm sure mine was the thousandth that she had prepared that day.

I will definitely stay there on my next trip.

Room Tip: It is right on the Jefferson highway so you might request a room away from the freeway if you're...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to share your experience. It is so nice to read that you enjoyed your accommodations and found this location to be one of the top Embassy Suites properties that you stayed in.

July 4th weekend is a super busy one, but I am glad to read that the high occupancy did not affect the great service you received. It is our goal to ensure every guest has a positive stay experience and it is nice to read that you did.

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Took my wife, sone, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren for a visit this past weekend. Arrived at the hotel compliments of their shuttle which picked us up at Pentagon City and were checked right in, even though it was well before noon. Ms. Chuoi at the front desk was welcoming and efficient and we were in our adjoining rooms in short order. The rooms were clean and well presented. We partook of the manager's reception Saturday evening and dined in the hotel rather then head out again. Excellent decision. Xiomata, our waitress was most accommodating and I singled her out for specific recognition on check-out. This is a great place from which to base your visit to DC. A two-block walk to the Metro, nice accommodations and a staff dedicated to making things right, made our visit both enjoyable and memorable.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is so nice that you also remembered the employee's names so they can be recognized for their efforts. I am glad you had such an enjoyable stay.

We do our best to accommodate early check ins, but it is based on availability. I am sure Hyunji was very happy to have a suite ready for you. We are lucky to have her to help welcome our guests and I am glad you feel the same way.

Xiomara is a long time employee that gets so many positive comments from our guests. It will be nice to show her your comment. It is no surprise that you enjoyed having her as your server and I am sure she enjoyed having you as her customer just as much.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon and we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Nice hotel to stay at while visiting DC for 4 days. on-time great shuttle service to a/p and Metro. Breakfast was good restaurant was a little pricy but standard for area. Staff was wonderful and hotel was clean. Only complaint was poor operating toilet could use replacing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It is nice to read that you had suc ha nice visit. The shuttle is a big convenience. Unlike other properties that run every half hour, we do have a shuttle to Reagan National running every fifteen minutes which makes the wait times a lot shorter.

I hope you let us know about the toilet while you were here. An engineer would gladly have come up to inspect as perhaps it could have been corrected. I am sorry the toilet did not work properly.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I was apprehensive staying out of downtown DC, but this was a good option. The hotel is in close proximity to 2 metro stations, they have a shuttle that leaves every 30 minutes for the pentagon city metro station and mall. You will not need a rental car for your visit, the added cost of parking 25.00 per day on top of parking in downtown DC is not worth it. The metro is very easy to use just get the smart card.
The hotel has a hot breakfast buffet each morning, food was decent but they had a hard time keeping the tables clear of dirty dishes, if you wanted a table you usually had to pile the dirty plates on another tale.

Rooms are nice size with large bathroom vanity, separate bedroom and a sofa bed in the living area, 2 large TV's and a wet bar area.

We arrived late morning an they stored our luggage so we could begin our sightseeing. I would definitely stay in crystal city again and would consider the embassy suites as well, we had a very good experience.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to read about your positive hotel visit. It can be a huge money saver to stay in Crystal City vs. Washington DC, and as you mentioned it is so simple to get into the District with the Metro. We do offer shuttle service to the Pentagon City Metro Station, but as the reviewer stated the hotel is equidistant from two Metro stations. Our guests enjoy having the option of walking or riding in the shuttle.

The shuttle does negate the need for a rental car. Aside from the Metro & Reagan National Airport shuttle, we do offer shuttle service to anywhere within Crystal City. This makes getting to area restaurants, shops, and offices very easy and convenient.

The staff works hard to keep up with the demand of the breakfast. My apologies that the turnover was not as quick as expected. The Director of Food & Beverage will go over the process to see if any changes need to be made. Typically, the staff is able to turn the tables quickly, but again I apologize that this was not the case for you.

It is nice to read that you enjoyed your suite accommodations. Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. Please know that we appreciate your business and the staff will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 4 day/3night getaway that was long overdue. When researching for a place, I noticed the Director of Sales, Kevin Feldman, always responded to guest and genuinely seemed to care about their stay, good or bad. I reached out to him, since on the same day we arrived I was going to be released from a 3-month doctor's care and required specific accommodations, He not only gave me a personal call but also helped me make our arrangements and made sure we were appropriately accommodated. I can't say enough about our room, the bed, the breakfast, the Manager's cocktail, the location, and the overall feeling of being home. We have already decided to return in August with our son this time and again same time next year. As long as I can be comfortable and get a good night's rest, I will continue to call Embassy Suites my home in DC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am so happy that you contacted me prior to your stay. While we try to meet all of our guests' needs, it is always helpful to hear about specifics prior to arrival so we have even more of an opportunity to ensure we exceed expectations. I am glad we could offer you a suite that met your needs and hope your recovery is still going well.

It is so nice to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. The staff works hard to make sure each guest has a positive stay experience and they will appreciate knowing this goal was met with you.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!