“Nice stay during memorial day weekend” 4 of 5 stars

From $109 with Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Jersey
“Nice stay during memorial day weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at the hotel during Memorial day weekend for one night
Pillows are comfy.
Rooms are clean.
Staff is very helpful.
Breakfast was very good.
Had a great time
Thank you very much!
Property is a little older but well mantained that is the reason for 5 stars

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. A comfortable pillow is a very important ingredient for a successful night's sleep and I am glad we could offer this to you.

It is nice to read that you enjoyed your suite and had positive interactions with the staff. No need to thank us, we want to thank you for coming stay at the Embassy Suites Crystal City.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel about 12 times within the past 2 years. I have stayed for business and pleasure. Most of my visits were during travels when I flew from Seoul, Korea. A great hotel to check into after a 13 hour straight flight! The staff is always super friendly and willing to assist in anyway then can. Many restaurants are within driving distance and there are other attractions close by.The complimentary breakfast is a great way to start your day - I recommend the omelet station. I love the suites and the rooms are oversized for the area. I highly recommend no matter what you are traveling for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We know there are a lot of hotel choices out there and sincerely appreciate you choosing to return each time you visit the Washington DC area. Please know that we do not take your business for granted and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations.

It is so nice to read that you have had such positive experiences. I appreciate you mentioning the kindness of the staff as they do work hard to ensure each guest interaction is a positive one.

You are correct that there are many restaurants within driving distance. We offer a complimentary shuttle to any point within Crystal City so even those without a car can experience many of the dining options.

It is hard to beat waking up to a complimentary full breakfast buffet for each occupant of the suite. The omelet station is a guest favorite and so many guests enjoy seeing the same omelet cooks year after year.

Thank you for your review and for the recommendation. We look forward to your next visit and as always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

my favorite hotel in washington area. 3rd visit there and was very satisfied with staff and hotel. reservations made for later (june 21 2013) to see daughter off as a diplomat for foreign service.-also i am a korean war vet and plan to visit memorial to pay respects to lost comrads

Room Tip: no problems with any location in hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are honored and proud to be your favorite hotel in the DC area. We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations on your future visits.

Thank you again for your review and also for being a hero by serving in the military. We look forward to your next visit. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Warren, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

They forgot to place water bottles in my room - other than that everything else was very well maintained and organized. I like the location of this hotel especially its located steps away from pentagon - Great Job - Thanks

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay experience. I am sorry that the bottled water was not delivered as requested and can understand why that would be frustrating.

We are fortunate to have such a great location with the Metro, Pentagon, & Shopping being within walking distance. We also offer a shuttle to all points within Crystal City and that allows our guests to have so many dining options as well.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Middlesex, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Why go anywhere else when you have it covered here. Highly recommended! Easy access in my opinion. Great staff, secure parking. Coming in with a group of friends we were offered a great room and parking rate. So many amenities that if you aren't satisfied here, you would not be any place else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. You pose a great question, why would anyone stay elsewhere when the Embassy Suites offers such a great value. I am so happy to read that you had such a nice stay experience.

Thank you again for your review and for recommending the hotel. We hope you return soon and please know we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

saratoga springs, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Last weekend my friends and I had a "Girls" Weekend and chose the Embassy Suites since we always have a wonderful experience there. This time everything went well and we had a great time except for 2 instances: On Friday night a group of people were downstairs in the atrium and were allowed to yell, applaud and also play the piano until 1 AM until I finally called down to the front desk and asked them to take care of the situation. One smaller but annoying incident happened with the girl at the front desk. One of us had left her sweater down in the atrium and in the morning went down to the front desk to ask if it had been turned in. The girl (whose job priority should be customer service) flat out said NO without even looking around for it. Luckily, the gentleman at the front desk overheard the conversation and said the sweater was where they keep Lost & Found items and retrieved it for us. The young lady should get some training in Customer Service........

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is so nice to read that you had an enjoyable stay. I am sorry for the challenges you experienced. We understand that noise in the atrium can echo and be disturbing to other guests and typically ensure the noise does not get too loud. I apologize that the noise disturbed you, but glad it was quieted down once you called down.

You are correct that prior to telling you that your sweater had not been found, the agent should have looked. I can understand why this would have been frustrating for you. Thankfully the sweater was found. The Director of Front Office will go over this with his staff so this situation is not repeated.

Destin, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The reason that I am giving this hotel a rating of 1 is because this site will not let me give them a zero.

I have been a longtime fan of the Embassy Suite brand, but because of the action of this hotel I am no longer a fan. I made reservations 2 weeks in advance and made a note in the comment block that it would be a “Late Check-In.” A few days before arriving at the hotel I receive an e-mail confirming my reservation with the confirmation number, dates, and rate. Upon our arrival to the hotel from the airport via the shuttle, I am informed that the hotel is all booked up and has no rooms available. The young lady at the front desk informs me that they have made arrangements at a Residence Inn in Rosslyn for us to stay the night and would pay for the room and a taxi ride there. She advised that we would then need to get a taxi back the next morning, in which they would pay for, and check-in then and she hoped that they then would have a room for us. The taxi came and my family and I were transported to the Residence Inn in Rosslyn. The staff there was so hospitable, friendly, and accommodating, that we decided to stay there for the remainder of our trip and not to return to the Embassy Suites at Crystal City. Also, the metro was a 5 minute walk away so we didn’t have to rely on shuttles

The things that make me so angry is that though they had my cell phone number from my reservation there was no attempt to contact me. Also, at no time did a manager come to the front desk in an attempt to explain the situation to me. The young ladies at the front desk kept communicating to someone in the backroom behind the front desk that I am assuming was a manager of some sort but this person never made an effort to come out and communicate with me. They left it to this young lady at the front desk who did a poor job explaining to me why the Embassy Suites at Crystal City had given away my reservation away that I had made 2 weeks earlier.

I guess I can at least give them a 1 because they did pay for the taxi and the first night at the other hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very sorry that the suite you reserved was unavailable. It is rare, but does happen from time to time at all hotels that arrangements need to be made to place a reservation at another area hotel. It is a common policy when a relocation occurs to pay for transportation, pay for the nights the guest is displaced, and two phone calls. A relocation could be due to a room needing to be put out of order unexpectedly, or some people choosing to stay over without letting us know when we expected them to depart. Whatever the reason, I am very sorry this occurred and can understand why you are angry.

On most nights not everyone that has a reservation shows up and that often times resolves the overbooked situation without having to relocate anyone. That is the reason it is not determined ahead of time on who to move as we would not want to send someone to another hotel only to end up having a room for him/her.

I am sorry that the manager did not speak to you. Our reviews are read by the entire staff and I am sure that this will be discussed so in the future any guests that are inconvenienced do not have this frustration added to an already challenging stay.

Hopefully you will reconsider your negative feelings towards the whole brand. This type of challenge is not common and I am confident that if you choose to stay with Embassy Suites Crystal City that it will not be repeated. Thank you again for sharing your experience and I am sorry we let you down. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!