“Refreshing and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Buffalo, New York
“Refreshing and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The evening reception was a refreshing treat after a long drive, and the free breakfast was a great way to fuel up for a day of sightseeing. There are restaurant options in the underground Crystal City area if you're hungry and tired.

Being a suite, our room was plenty large for the two of us. The hotel feels like it could use some stylistic updating, but everything was clean and it wasn't worn out. The proximity to the metro made it very convenient, so we only needed to take out the car again to see the monuments at night (the Lincoln and Jefferson monuments aren't very convenient to any subway stops). Parking does cost $25 per night, but that seems to be standard for the area. Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. The amenities offered at the Embassy Suites are a perfect way to start the day and evening. Where else can you enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet and evening reception every day? I am so glad to read that you took advantage of them.

It is nice to read that you enjoyed your suite and I am sure the suitekeeper appreciates you mentioning that it was clean. We are fortunate to have a great location for people coming in to see Washington DC. Being so close to two Metro stations make getting into DC simple either by walking or taking the complimentary shuttle to the Metro Station.

You are correct, some of the monuments are not very convenient to the Metro purposely so nothing travels underneath them. So for those that can not walk long distances, I recommend taking a cab or getting on a hop on/hop off tour to view the many sites. I appreciate you mentioning that our parking charge is in line with other hotels (and much less than hotels inside DC).

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Here for work so i cant comment on price company pays. Besides that great area stayed in crystal city before. Plenty of restaraunts and bars around in walking distance. Free breakfast and free drinks during happy hour. Where else do you get that? The rooms are nice and big. The hotel and rooms are very clean. Overall really nice place and a good stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay experience. You had many people at the "free drinks". Exactly, where else can you go to enjoy complimentary snacks, alcoholic, and non alcoholic beverages for 2 hours every night? On top of that all our guests wake up to enjoy the complimentary full breakfast buffet! The Embassy Suites brand is a fantastic value according to most of our guests.

We are fortunate to have such a great location that offers plenty within walking distance. We also offer a complimentary shuttle to any place within Crystal City so getting to dinner or a local office is simple.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. it is so nice to read that you had a great stay experience. We hope you return soon and as always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

There was nothing wrong with this hotel at all. I stayed here for 6 nights with my wife and two young children. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the nightly managers reception could not have gotten better. All of the staff was friendly and the room was clean and large enough for my kids to have enough room to run around. I would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is so nice that you stayed for so long and start off indicating you could find nothing wrong with the hotel. I am so glad you had such a fantastic stay experience.

Waking up to a complimentary breakfast buffet is an excellent way to start the day and the Evening Manager's Reception is such a nice way to unwind after a long (but fun) day. I appreciate you mentioning the staff as they work hard to please each guest. Many of our guests, especially those with families, agree that having a spacious suite is so much better than a standard hotel room.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon and as always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Catawba, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Wonderful Hotel! All the staff were very welcoming and helpful. The room was very nice and all the acommodations very good. The breakfast was much better than I have had at similar hotels. The manager's reception was a great way to relax before dinner.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. It is so nice that you had a fantastic stay experience. I appreciate you mentioning the staff being welcoming as we really want our guests to know they are appreciated. We realize there are many hotel choices and we are honored to have been the hotel selection.

The amenities offered at an Embassy Suites make the value nearly unbeatable. It is great that you enjoyed the breakfast so much and found the Manager's Reception so relaxing.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My daughter and I planned a trip to DC for her 17th birthday and a friend recommended this hotel. The price was comparable to many of the other hotels, but some of the things included made this a better value.
One of the most convenient amenities provided was the free shuttle. The shuttle picked up at the hotel and at the metro station every half hour. This was extremely convenient and took the guess work out of some of our travels. The shuttles were pretty much on time, but they are subject to the same traffic issues as everyone else. The shuttle also went to the airport every half hour which also was very convenient when we were leaving.

Another plus was the breakfast. The free breakfast was not just danishes and coffee, it was more than ample. There were pancakes, grits, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, biscuits & gravy, eggs and an omelet station. There was also cereal, muffins, fruit, bagels and toast. The food was seasoned and quite tasty, especially for a buffet.

There were also free drinks in the bar in the early evening; however my daughter and I were sightseeing nightly until about 10 or 10:30, so we never made it back for that.

Our room was on the 10th floor and it was clean and quiet. I was recently in Italy where the hotel beds were not so comfortable; so it was very nice to sleep in such a comfortable bed each night. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave, which was a nice convenience for storing & heating leftovers.

Based on my stay, I would definitely stay here again and really can not think of anything negative to say. Well, there was one thing and it is very petty; the gift shop sold stamps and the price of the stamps were higher than the face value. So, at the end of the day if that's all I have to complain about, this is a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Happy 17th birthday to your daughter! We are happy to provide our guests complimentary shuttle to any point within Crystal City. Most other hotels only offer shuttle to the Metro and/or Reagan National and while we offer this too we also offer the area shuttle. Many of our guests find this to be a real convenience when deciding where to dine, shop, or just getting to the office.

You are correct, the added amenities of the Embassy Suites make the value of the rate nearly unbeatable. It is so nice to read that you enjoyed the wide variety of food offered at the complimentary full breakfast buffet. It is a shame you missed the Manager's Reception, but it looks like you had some very full days of touring.

Our new tagline: "Why go all the way to Italy when we can offer you such comfortable beds in Crystal City?" I am glad that you found the beds so comfortable as after such a busy day a good needed sleep was definitely needed!

In all honesty, that is the first time I have heard of any place selling stamps for more than they are worth. This will be followed up on. Thank you for letting us know. i am so happy to read that you had such a great stay experience and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

For a large family get-together, Embassy Suites worked perfectly -- complimentary full breakfast was great; manager's reception allowed us to all get together without being crammed into a hotel room to do so; and the location is great with free shuttles to/from the airport; some restaurants; as well as to/from the Metro.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. The Embassy Suites amenities make it a perfect location for a family gathering. While other hotels charge approximately $20++ for a breakfast buffet, each guest at an Embassy Suites gets to enjoy it complimentary. Also, alcoholic beverages at a hotel bar can be quite expensive, but at the Embassy Suites from 5:30 - 7:30 each evening they are complimentary. The value in the rate is almost unbeatable.

The Atrium makes for a great setting for meeting family members, relaxing, and having fun. I am so glad you took advantage of this to meet with your family. You are correct that the complimentary shuttles do make it easy to get around.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Westport, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for a conference.

When the conference was scheduled, Embassy Suites had a somewhat low end reputation in my mind. The hotel was very nice. Open atria (a la Hyatt-Regency) and glass elevators. Full breakfast buffet; happy hour; free Wi-Fi in the common areas; internet access computers in the lobby; indoor pool and gym (I didn't use either).

Their last name is Suites and the rooms were, well roomy. Nice sized sitting room (with convertible sofa and TV) and nice sized bedroom (with TV) and comfy bed. The toilet was small, but adequate.

Check in/out was efficient. Front desk staff were pleasant and helpful.

OK, the negative. "Crystal City" like "Pentagon City" appear to be Metro stops and not much more. Unless you are going for business, there is not much there. The hotel is not terribly convenient to either Metro stop, but not too far to walk. It's not terribly convenient to restaurants, but not too far to walk. The hotel provides a free shuttle, but it is geographically limited. If you want to visit the sights in DC, this is not the location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad that your perception of an Embassy Suites improved after staying with us. it is nice to read that you had a positive stay experience and enjoyed your suite. I appreciate you mentioning the Front Desk Staff as being friendly as they work very hard to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay.

While having access to the Metro is fantastic there are plenty of other things to do in the Crystal City/Pentagon City area. Unlike most hotels, we do offer a shuttle that will take a guest to any point within Crystal City (and Pentagon City). There are many restaurants of all cuisines, 2 large shopping areas, bars/lounges, and an Ice Skating area to name a few area attractions.

I do appreciate your opinion, but strongly disagree that this area/hotel is not the place to stay when touring DC. We have so many tour groups, families, and individuals that stay with us when touring DC and love the easy access. As you mentioned the hotel is so close to two Metro stations (4 blocks) and we offer complimentary shuttle to the Pentagon City Metro Station which makes getting in/out of DC simple. Also, there is a huge savings involved as the room rates and parking charges are typically much higher inside the District than in Crystal City. Based on the number of repeat groups and travelers I am glad that so many find our hotel the perfect location when coming in to have the DC experience.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you visit again soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!