“This hotel does well what a hotel should do.” 4 of 5 stars

From $89 with Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kansas City, Missouri
“This hotel does well what a hotel should do.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

My school group just spent five nights at this Embassy Suites. We had two adjoining rooms on the seventh floor. I can say more than that we had no complaints. I enjoyed my stay there. They offer a fine complimentary breakfast. The rooms are clean and comfortable--with two flat screen TVs each. The hotel is, overall, aesthetically pleasing. The front desk served me with patience and pleasantness (absolutely vital for a happy hotel stay). The front desk staff helped me every time I asked for it, including opening up a conference room to store our group's storage for the afternoon between check out and our flight. My only complaint? Wi-Fi costs $12.95 per day. I thought charging for Wi-Fi was a thing of the past. Otherwise, Embassy Suites Crystal City was a great hotel experience.

• Stayed April 2013
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you had an enjoyable experience. We agree that most importantly a friendly smile can determine the difference between a good or great stay. All hotels offer rooms/suites, beds, tv's, etc., but it is the personal touch that sets each one apart. Our staff works hard to offer great service to go along with the Embassy Suites product.

The decision to charge for wi-fi in the guest rooms is not a hotel decision, but one made at Hilton Worldwide. A decision was made to charge guest room Internet in all full service hotels (Hilton, Doubletree & Embassy Suites). This is the same decision made at all other major hotel chains (Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt, etc) as they too charge for Internet in their full service brands. However, we recognize that most people to not want to pay for the Internet which is why we offer a completely complimentary business center and Internet quiosks. While not as convenient, many guests are happy to have this option.

Thank you again for your review and we hope your group comes back soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I initially was turned off by the $15 per day internet charge but the locale (near the metro) and amenities ( e.g free cooked to order breakfast including egg beaters if you want) convinced me it was worthwhile. There is free shuttle from the airport and also around town ( locally) on demand. The staff are very helpful, the rooms are clean and the price is good for Washington. Two elevators were down for awhile when I was there so that was a bit of a bummer but overshadowed by the pluses. I will definitely stay there again when in town.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floors and ask to be away from the street. Don't expect a view however s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review of your stay. I am so glad the excellent amenities included in the rate such as breakfast and the Manager's Reception proved to outweigh the $12 cost of the Internet in your suite. We do offer the use of the business center complimentary for those that prefer to surf the web at no cost. While not as convenient as being in your suite, it is an option offered in addition to the complimentary Internet quiosks.

It is nice to read that you took advantage of the shuttle service. The shuttle that goes to any point within Crystal City is a big favorite of our guests and quite unique as most area hotels do not offer this amenity.

I am sorry that two elevators were not operating, but I am happy to say that currently all elevators are operating correctly. I can understand why that would have been frustrating for you and again I apologize. It is appreciated that you mention the friendly staff as they work hard to offer every guest a positive stay experience.

Claysville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

After reading many reviews for a place to stay near DC, this seemed to be a good one. I was concerned some when I read a few negative reviews about long breakfasts lines and no food being placed out to keep up, but decided to go for it anyway. So glad we did. We were there for the busiest week of the year for DC at the Cherry Blossom Festival, and of the 5 days we stayed, things couldn’t have been smoother. So don’t zero in on a few bad reviews. The breakfast they served was crazy, so much food and the managers evening snacks (5:30 to 7:30) was an added surprise.
We stayed on the top (11th) floor and had a corner room that overlooked the Washington Monument. The 3 elevators they had were the fastest I have ever seen run. We never had to wait for longer than 5 minutes and that was rare.
The added free shuttle service to about 30 different restaurants in the area was a real plus also. We ate at an Italian place on the shuttle called Portofino’s, and we all 4 loved it.
Only had one negative and that was with sharing a room with my parents to cut costs each couple had to sleep on double beds. Was surprised they still put that size beds in nice hotels anymore, but none of us had very good night sleeps. Yes of course we could have spent a couple hundred more for a larger size room, but didn’t want to. So if you’re not used to double bed sizes and don’t mind sleeping on your side all night, this room will work for you. Still all in all we had a great time.
Oh and don’t hesitate to contact Kevin the Manger for questions. You will probably see his remarks after my review with his address. I must of e-mailed him 5 -6 times with questions and he answered them back with 24 hrs.!! Real customer service, thanks Kevin.

Room Tip: Try for a corner room for a view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you not only put stock in the few negative reviews, but also took the many positive reviews into account when choosing the hotel to stay with.

Cherry Blossom is extremely busy and I am glad that despite the sold out status of the hotel that you and your family had an enjoyable stay. The breakfast offers so many options and so many of our guests love that the cost is included in the rate. It really is a good way to get some fuel for a long day of sight seeing! After the long (and hopefully fun) day, the Manager's Reception is a nice was to unwind. Complimentary beverages for the adults and kids, as well as lite snacks, make for a good time. I am glad to read that you took advantage of these amenities.

You were lucky to get a room with a view as there are very few of them. I am sorry that the description of the room type was not clear for you. While it does mention two double beds, I could have made it clearer in our correspondences. To clarify for the readers of this review, our king bed suites offer a king bed in the bedroom and a queen sofa bed in the living room. The double bed suites offer two double beds in the bedroom and a queen sofa bed in the living room. Once again, I am sorry that you were surprised to find two double beds in the suite you reserved.

The added shuttle to any point within Crystal City really sets us apart from other area hotels as most only offer shuttle to the Metro and/or the Airport. While we offer service to those destinations too, the area shuttle makes it so easy to go to area restaurants, although we'd love to have our guests dine at our Crystal Grill. Portofinos is a nice choice and I am happy to read you and your family had an enjoyable meal.

I really enjoy when readers of my responses contact me and really appreciate you doing so prior to your arrival. Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

South Fallsburg, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

rooms were very nice.front desk staff was fast to take care of anything you needed.
they gave you breakfast and had a happy hour every nice with a free drink. only thing about the area was there wasnt many resturant in the area.but you could get to the metro which was only 3 block away where there were some stores.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. i am glad to read you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate you mentioning the staff being quick to help out when needed. Our goal is to satisfy every guest - every time so it is nice to know you left very happy.

You are correct, the Metro is 4 blocks away as is the Pentagon City Fashion Mall and while they are walkable, we offer complimentary shuttle. Also, unlike most other area hotels that only offer shuttle service to the Metro and/or the Airport, we also offer shuttle to all points within Crystal City so it is actually very simple for our guests to get to so many restaurants. I am sorry if you were not made aware of this option. On your next visit, I suggest taking the shuttle to 23rd street, which offers a row of restaurants. These restaurants are not chains and there are so many choices of all different types of cuisine.

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Newington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

excellent stay and courtesy staff. would always choose embassy suites near most locations close to the metro and a shuttle is included to and from National airport also to the mall for my wife. Breakfast was constantly refilled and area cleaned of any messes made by the kids.cocktail reception was a nice touch and no problems with anyone

Room Tip: All rooms were fine
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy to read that you had an excellent stay experience. It is appreciated that you mention the positive interactions you had with the staff and I am glad you found the hotel location to be convenient to your needs.

The complimentary shuttle is a popular amenity for our guests. It adds a great convenience when coming in or going to Reagan National. While the mall and Metro are close enough to walk (4 blocks), having the option of taking the shuttle is nice. Also, unlike most other area hotels, the Embassy Suites Crystal City offers another shuttle to all other points within Crystal City. This makes getting to the office, a restaurant, or the store so much easier and can be a huge money saver for our guests.

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have to be honest when I say I have had good experiences with Embassy. front desk staff was great, dining room chef was wonderful a very pleasant man. the drink servers and dining room manager was very rude to my family. we were bluntly treated different and disrespected. it spoiled our stay at this embassy. after complaining and voicing how we felt it was nicely taken cared of on our part. I don't feel it's the hotel I love the embassy hotel I feel it was a personal issue with this one person who was serving the drinks. I'm writing this not to give this Embassy a bad name, I want people to speak up and let your voice be heard. don't pay your hard earn money to be treated rude and disrespected especially in front of other guest. I will continue to stay at other Embassy because I love it, but I will not stay at this particular Embassy ever again. I choose a poor review because I was really disrespected by this server.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. While it is nice to read that you enjoyed the large majority of your stay, I am sorry to read that you felt disrespected by a server. Without knowing the specifics on what happened, I can not comment on this situation. Our servers have been with us for quite some time and actually they get mentioned with positive comments in more reviews than other employees so it is surprising to read you had a negative experience. However, I am glad to read that after voicing your concern that it was handled nicely.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you will reconsider your decision not to return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

New York/CT Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Corner suite was comfortably furnished, although bedroom was a bit cramped. Difficult to get comfortable temperature in both rooms with one climate control. Living room furniture comfortable, good breakfast (a little chaotic, because buffet is cramped), very friendly and helpful staff. Convenient parking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a nice visit, but apologize that you could not get the temperature in your suite to be comfortable. Next time, please let us know as an engineer will be happy to look at the thermostat. We want our guests to be happy and enjoy their suite.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!