“Quick getaway to Arlington VA” 4 of 5 stars

From $139 with Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
California, Maryland
“Quick getaway to Arlington VA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have been to this hotel Embassy Suites Crystal City, VA a few times, Embassy suites are always great, I have never stayed at one and not been pleased. The breakfast and evening reception are great!!! The hotel was very clean, check in desk friendly, the rooms are two room suites and kept very clean and comfortable. Our room actually faced towards the river and we had somewhat a river view between the bldgs. Price was great also for the area. We booked our room with the parking included - great deal.

Room Tip: I always request a room on a higher floor and away from the elevators - even though the elevators ar...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is fantastic to read that you keep returning and we will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations. You are correct about the consistency across the Embassy Suites brand as so many guests believe that is the number one attribute of Embassy Suites.

I appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel. The housekeeping staff works very hard to keep both the suites and the public areas as clean as can be. We do offer a variety of rate packages so I am glad you found that that met your needs.

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

624 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Embassy Suites, Crystal City was wonderful! Just stayed here for a weekend trip to DC. The hotel was well-maintained, and the shuttle to the Pentagon City Metro stop made travel into DC very convenient. A plus is there is great shopping at the Metro stop. Our room was nicely appointed, spacious and we thoroughly enjoyed the made to order breakfast each morning. Would definitely stay here again. We believe we received great value for our money. The shuttle drivers were always very pleasant, and the shuttles always arrived on time.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 10th floor. We had a limited view of the Potomac and the Library of Congress.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is so nice to read about your fantastic experience. Many of our guests feel it is actually easier to get to the attractions in DC from our hotel than from some hotels inside the District. The complimentary shuttle to the Metro is a big part of that and I am glad you took advantage of this amenity.

I appreciate you mentioning the shuttle drivers as they work hard to stay on schedule so not guests are kept waiting.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

River Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel is quite nice and the price was a great value during my stay. That is perhaps why the hotel was packed with children, mainly tweens and teens, during my stay. The location is a bit off from the other hotels in Crystal City, so the metro stop requires a bit of a walk (cutting through the lobby of the Marriott Crystal Gateway). The hotel offers shuttles to area attractions, the Metro, and Reagan National, but there are so many different shuttles it can be a bit confusing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read you had such a nice stay. You are correct; the value of an Embassy Suites rate is fantastic. Breakfast for four occupants at other hotels would be $40+, but here is included in the rate. The suite at other hotels is usually a $20 upgrade fee, but here everyone can enjoy a suite. A few drinks at another hotel could easily run $20+, but at the Embassy Suites it is complimentary from 5pm - 7pm every night! That's a hard value to beat, in my opinion.

We do offer complimentary shuttle to/from the Pentagon City Metro Station. It looks like perhaps you went to the Crystal City Metro Station, which is about a 4 block walk. As you mentioned there is a shuttle offered to Reagan National and unlike most other hotels we also offer a shuttle to any point within Crystal City. I am sorry you found it confusing.

Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is a great location and the staff makes it even better. They take the time to help, to acknowledge you every moment they can and are very helpful. The shuttle service is exceptional as they make it easy to get around and are very polite. Great place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read about your great hotel experience. I appreciate that you mention the staff as they do work hard to ensure each guest has a positive hotel stay.

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had to make last minute arrangements to be in DC. I really liked this hotel. It was close enough to restaurants, mall and the metro. There is a street of restaurants just a short walk away or the hotel shuttle will also take you there. The staff was great. The room was great! The food was as expected for hotel food--and the restaurant service was just ok (but don't let that dissuade you...it was still pretty good!). Overall, was very pleased and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. i am glad that your stay went so nicely and appreciate you choosing to stay with us. Many of our guests really like having the option to walk to the Metro, mall, and surrounding restaurants or taking the complimentary shuttle. It is nice to read that you found this option helpful too.

I appreciate you mentioning the staff and the suite as being great. We have a new Food & Beverage Director who is making changes and I hope when you return you will notice an improvement in the food. While being good is ok, we want to be so much more than that.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you come back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Cranbury, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Booked two rooms at the Embassy Suites over a weekend. DC has a lot of hotel options at reasonable rates on the weekends, but we chose to stay here for the convenient location, two room suite, and free manager's reception and breakfast, and of course the pool. It appears that the hotel has been tastefully renovated. There are nice touches in the rooms and all common areas. The shuttle for the Metro and Pentagon City Mall leaves every half hour-very easy drop off and pickup. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to the Mall and Metro if you choose to walk. It is Ok to walk during the warmer months but not during the winter. The two room suites are a good size. The pull out sofa bed maybe OK for a kid for a night or two, but not for an adult. Microwave, and fridge are also standard in each room, as well as a table for eating dinner. Plenty of space for a small group to mingle. There is a free buffet breakfast in the morning. Make sure you wait the extra couple of minutes for one of the cooked to order omelets. The omelet was cooked to perfection. At the end of a long day it was nice to grab a drink and a snack at the manager's reception. I'd probably give the hotel a 4, but we had some crowding issues at the pool, which can put a damper on things if you have kids and are delaying in getting in the pool. Use your AAA rate for the best deal. Make sure you get the rate with the parking included, otherwise it is $24.95 a day. Also, stay on the side of the hotel opposite the road and the airport. It got a little noisy in the bedroom. If you are in a pinch for a meal, each at the Pentagon City Mall or ask the hotel for a shuttle over to the Harris Teeter. We had lunch at the Crystal Grill. It was good, but very overpriced. Wifi was not free. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Stay in a room that does not face the airport, or Jefferson Davis Highway. Adjoining rooms may be av...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. It looks like you did your research when choosing a hotel and I am glad you recognized the great value found in an Embassy Suites rate. I agree with you that It is nice to have the option of walking or taking the shuttle to the Metro.

While most prefer a bed, we do have many adults that sleep on the queen size sofa bed. I am that you did not find this comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is a great way to wake up to get the day started, Our Omelet Cooks have been with us so long and are true professionals at preparing a perfect omelet. I am happy to read that you enjoyed yours. The Manager's Reception is a nice way to unwind after a day of meetings, touring, or just relaxing.

I can understand why it would be frustrating to have to wait for the pool. Our lifeguards try to get people in as quickly as possible, but we do need to follow the maximum occupancy limit in the pool area. I apologize if the wait put a damper on the kids swim time.

We offer many packages to try and fit our guest's needs. I am glad you found the parking package to your liking as it does offer a nice savings on the parking charge. Unlike most other area hotels that only offer shuttle to the Metro and Airport, we offer shuttle anywhere within Crystal City. So getting to a restaurant or office building can be easily arranged for all of our guests. We will be glad to try and meet any requests about where in the hotel a guest wants to stay. While it can not be guaranteed, we will do our best to make it happen.

Thank you for again for the email and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

St. Neots, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I used to travel to DC regularly on business, and after my first stay here, always stayed here. It has everything I wanted; the rooms were always immaculate, the location near the Metro and mall is terrific, the food is good. I often arrived late in the evening and the staff were always kind to a weary traveller!

There always seemed to be a mix of people staying here whenever I visited - people on business, families, holidayers - and I would think that the hotel is ideal for all of those groups. I would certainly recommend this hotel and will doubtless be staying there as and when I'm next in Washington.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you have decided to make the Embassy Suites Crystal City your go-to hotel when in the area! We will work very hard to continue to exceed your expectations.

We understand that after standing in long security lines, being crammed into crowded planes, (while paying $10 for a coke) and sometimes waiting for delayed flights, that a speedy check in with a smile is so important. I am glad you have felt properly welcomed on each of your visits.

Thank you again for your review and the recommendation. We look forward to your return! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!