“VERY Kid Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
River Falls, Wisconsin
“VERY Kid Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel is quite nice and the price was a great value during my stay. That is perhaps why the hotel was packed with children, mainly tweens and teens, during my stay. The location is a bit off from the other hotels in Crystal City, so the metro stop requires a bit of a walk (cutting through the lobby of the Marriott Crystal Gateway). The hotel offers shuttles to area attractions, the Metro, and Reagan National, but there are so many different shuttles it can be a bit confusing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read you had such a nice stay. You are correct; the value of an Embassy Suites rate is fantastic. Breakfast for four occupants at other hotels would be $40+, but here is included in the rate. The suite at other hotels is usually a $20 upgrade fee, but here everyone can enjoy a suite. A few drinks at another hotel could easily run $20+, but at the Embassy Suites it is complimentary from 5pm - 7pm every night! That's a hard value to beat, in my opinion.

We do offer complimentary shuttle to/from the Pentagon City Metro Station. It looks like perhaps you went to the Crystal City Metro Station, which is about a 4 block walk. As you mentioned there is a shuttle offered to Reagan National and unlike most other hotels we also offer a shuttle to any point within Crystal City. I am sorry you found it confusing.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is a great location and the staff makes it even better. They take the time to help, to acknowledge you every moment they can and are very helpful. The shuttle service is exceptional as they make it easy to get around and are very polite. Great place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read about your great hotel experience. I appreciate that you mention the staff as they do work hard to ensure each guest has a positive hotel stay.

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had to make last minute arrangements to be in DC. I really liked this hotel. It was close enough to restaurants, mall and the metro. There is a street of restaurants just a short walk away or the hotel shuttle will also take you there. The staff was great. The room was great! The food was as expected for hotel food--and the restaurant service was just ok (but don't let that dissuade you...it was still pretty good!). Overall, was very pleased and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. i am glad that your stay went so nicely and appreciate you choosing to stay with us. Many of our guests really like having the option to walk to the Metro, mall, and surrounding restaurants or taking the complimentary shuttle. It is nice to read that you found this option helpful too.

I appreciate you mentioning the staff and the suite as being great. We have a new Food & Beverage Director who is making changes and I hope when you return you will notice an improvement in the food. While being good is ok, we want to be so much more than that.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you come back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Cranbury, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Booked two rooms at the Embassy Suites over a weekend. DC has a lot of hotel options at reasonable rates on the weekends, but we chose to stay here for the convenient location, two room suite, and free manager's reception and breakfast, and of course the pool. It appears that the hotel has been tastefully renovated. There are nice touches in the rooms and all common areas. The shuttle for the Metro and Pentagon City Mall leaves every half hour-very easy drop off and pickup. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to the Mall and Metro if you choose to walk. It is Ok to walk during the warmer months but not during the winter. The two room suites are a good size. The pull out sofa bed maybe OK for a kid for a night or two, but not for an adult. Microwave, and fridge are also standard in each room, as well as a table for eating dinner. Plenty of space for a small group to mingle. There is a free buffet breakfast in the morning. Make sure you wait the extra couple of minutes for one of the cooked to order omelets. The omelet was cooked to perfection. At the end of a long day it was nice to grab a drink and a snack at the manager's reception. I'd probably give the hotel a 4, but we had some crowding issues at the pool, which can put a damper on things if you have kids and are delaying in getting in the pool. Use your AAA rate for the best deal. Make sure you get the rate with the parking included, otherwise it is $24.95 a day. Also, stay on the side of the hotel opposite the road and the airport. It got a little noisy in the bedroom. If you are in a pinch for a meal, each at the Pentagon City Mall or ask the hotel for a shuttle over to the Harris Teeter. We had lunch at the Crystal Grill. It was good, but very overpriced. Wifi was not free. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Stay in a room that does not face the airport, or Jefferson Davis Highway. Adjoining rooms may be av...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. It looks like you did your research when choosing a hotel and I am glad you recognized the great value found in an Embassy Suites rate. I agree with you that It is nice to have the option of walking or taking the shuttle to the Metro.

While most prefer a bed, we do have many adults that sleep on the queen size sofa bed. I am that you did not find this comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is a great way to wake up to get the day started, Our Omelet Cooks have been with us so long and are true professionals at preparing a perfect omelet. I am happy to read that you enjoyed yours. The Manager's Reception is a nice way to unwind after a day of meetings, touring, or just relaxing.

I can understand why it would be frustrating to have to wait for the pool. Our lifeguards try to get people in as quickly as possible, but we do need to follow the maximum occupancy limit in the pool area. I apologize if the wait put a damper on the kids swim time.

We offer many packages to try and fit our guest's needs. I am glad you found the parking package to your liking as it does offer a nice savings on the parking charge. Unlike most other area hotels that only offer shuttle to the Metro and Airport, we offer shuttle anywhere within Crystal City. So getting to a restaurant or office building can be easily arranged for all of our guests. We will be glad to try and meet any requests about where in the hotel a guest wants to stay. While it can not be guaranteed, we will do our best to make it happen.

Thank you for again for the email and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

St. Neots, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I used to travel to DC regularly on business, and after my first stay here, always stayed here. It has everything I wanted; the rooms were always immaculate, the location near the Metro and mall is terrific, the food is good. I often arrived late in the evening and the staff were always kind to a weary traveller!

There always seemed to be a mix of people staying here whenever I visited - people on business, families, holidayers - and I would think that the hotel is ideal for all of those groups. I would certainly recommend this hotel and will doubtless be staying there as and when I'm next in Washington.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you have decided to make the Embassy Suites Crystal City your go-to hotel when in the area! We will work very hard to continue to exceed your expectations.

We understand that after standing in long security lines, being crammed into crowded planes, (while paying $10 for a coke) and sometimes waiting for delayed flights, that a speedy check in with a smile is so important. I am glad you have felt properly welcomed on each of your visits.

Thank you again for your review and the recommendation. We look forward to your return! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Edison, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Very nice, clean hotel. Very courteous staff but they were a bit overwhelmed at times which means you might have to wait at check-in, check-out, etc. The room was clean and very comfortable with the exception of the pull-out couch - old uncomfortable mattress. Breakfast was very good with many fresh cooked choices, including an omlette station. Convenient 5 minute walk to the Metro into DC. Overall a good value. PS - Internet access is extra.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy to read that you had a nice hotel experience. We try our best to keep the wait times down and actually score pretty high in surveys on speed of check in/out, but I apologize to you that you had to wait. I can understand why that would be frustrating.

I hope you will contact me directly with your suite number so I can have engineering check the sofa bed to see if it needs to be replaced. I am sorry if this caused you a poor night's sleep. The complimentary breakfast is an excellent way to start the day and i am glad you found this to be enjoyable & delicious.

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This establishment was excellent and the staff superb. Downside is the parking costs over $20 a night... but the rest of DC is just as or more expensive for parking. Plus the Embassy suites will let you park until 5pm on same day of check-out so you can get a couple of extra sight-seeing adventures in. Very close to the Metro and once you learn the system, DC is at your fingertips!

Room Tip: Aim for the top floor on the west side. Your view will overlook some of adjacent structures but the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a nice stay experience. Yes, while $26.95 may seem high for parking, you are correct that when compared to the area it is on the lower side of parking rates.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my reviews to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!