“Nice room good location for my business travel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
tampa, florida
“Nice room good location for my business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Great staff, good location, gets crowded because of the amenities at a good price. Elevator issue seems to be the downside. Free breakfast and manager reception and clear room out weigh the Elevator problems. Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2012
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you found the staff helpful and the location met your needs. You are correct, the Embassy Suites is typically crowded because of the excellent value the amenities offer. I am sorry that you had a challenge with the elevator. We are currently going through an elevator modernization project and perhaps with one being out of order that caused a slight delay. However, it is great to read it had a minimal impact on your experience.

Thank you again for the review and the recommendation. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We are a family of 5, our children are ages 7,10, and 14. We were here to visit all the sights of DC. We found the location of this hotel to be fantastic. We only used the nearby subway once, we found the cost of subway to be the same as the cost of our family to take a taxi ( 15.00 each way). The room was spacious, breakfast and managers reception always great. Our only complaints were parking was steep, wifi not free, and the pool was tiny for as many guests who wanted to use it. Close to many restaurants, and clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed staying with us. Yes, with the recent increase in the Metro tickets, more families are now opting for taxis. While we offer complimentary shuttle to the Metro, we can also arrange for a taxi if that is preferred.

It is nice to read that even for a family of 5 that you found the suite spacious. The suites are fantastic for families as sometimes families need their space and it sure beats being in a cramped standard hotel room. Breakfast for five people at another hotel easily would be at least $60 so the value of having it included in your suite rate was a great deal for you. I am glad you took advantage of the Manager's Reception as it is a perfect way to unwind after a busy day in DC.

I can understand why you would think parking is too pricey if you are from an area that does not normally charge. However, the hotel's parking charge is right in line with other area hotels and far less expensive than hotels inside DC. I guess too steep is subjective, but I think if you shop around you will see it is not steep at all for the DC Metro area.

Hilton Worldwide has decided that all full service hotels will charge for wireless Internet. This is the same decision made at all major hotel companies (Marriott, Hyatt, Sheraton, etc) as they too charge at full service brands. We do offer complimentary Internet in our business center and at the Internet quiosks in the lobby and bar area. While not as convenient as in your room, it is an option to use the Internet without paying.

I think most hotels wish they had a larger pool. I hope you were able to get in and cool down in this unusual heat wave we are experiencing.

Thank you for the review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Bristol, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The hotel itself was nice and well kept. The free full breakfast and nightly managers cocktail hour are great. The bed was a queen not a king, and was really worn in. I had a really bad nights sleep. There were no bell hops so we had to carry our own luggage to the room. Also there is a daily parking fee of $27.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad you found the hotel to be nice and enjoyed the awesome amenities offered to each guest. The breakfast & manager's reception are not only great to enjoy, but also can be a huge money saver compared to what you would pay for these at other hotels.

We have two room types king bed & double bed suites. The king suites do have a king bed in them; not a queen. The double bed suites have two full size beds in them. All suites have a queen size pull out sofa bed in the living room. I am sorry that you did not have a good night's sleep. We typically get great feedback on how comfortable the beds are, so I apologize this was not your experience.

We do have a bellman on duty from 6am -11pm. He may be busy helping someone else, but please ask at the desk and they will be glad to call him for you. I am sorry he was not visible when you checked in as I can understand why that would be frustrating.

The parking charge is $24 per day which is right in line with that area hotels charge and a lot cheaper than you will find in Washington DC.

Thank you again for the review and I hope you return. We will be happy to offer you another suite and I am confident you will get a good night's sleep. As always, I invite anyone to contact me anytime.

Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Excellent location! Within walking distance to great restaurants and quiete area to walk at night.
Hotel was clean. great service, breakfast was fantastic and the managers reception upon arrival was very good.
Will DEFINITELY stay in this Hotel again!

Room Tip: Great location and great Hotel !
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for the review. I agree that the location is excellent. There are plenty of places within walking distance and for those that choose not to or can not walk a complimentary shuttle is offered. The shuttle goes to any place within Crystal City so even those places too far to walk can be enjoyed.

It is nice to read you enjoyed your stay. We hope you return soon! Thank you again for the review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Morristown, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Everything was great - from the food, convenience to the metro, size of the room...would definite stay again and recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. It was Short, sweet & to the point! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and will return. We look forward to it.

Thank you again for your review. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Eastern South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed 4 days at this ES location. The service was wonderful-the front desk staff was so helpful and professional. Found us a wonderful local restaurant for a late supper and the shuttles to the airport/Metro/Crystal City locations were convenient. Rooms were very clean. The drawbacks- our room was directly under the receiving area; we were woken up every morning at 4:30 by delivery truck back up beeping. Also the beds, both regular and sofa sleeper, are at the end of their life cycle; they were lumpy and creaky. No fan in the bathroom made it hard to get dry after a shower. The breakfast buffet was large, but not very good. The waffle makers didn't work 3 of the 4 days of our stay and the French toast and pancakes were so hard we couldn't cut them. I hope the ES is able to make some of these small changes so that the facility reaches the quality level of the staff services. Overall would stay here again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the building away from the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Thank you for mentioning the positive interactions you had with the front desk staff. I am so glad to read they found you a local restaurant that you enjoyed and that you took advantage of the complimentary shuttle service.

I am sorry the trucks backing up woke you up. This is the first time I have heard this from a guest, but can understand why that would have been frustrating. I hope you will contact me directly so I can obtain your room information so we can look into the mattresses.

The Director of Food & Beverage will most definitely follow up on your comments. We recognize breakfast is a key decision maker for guests choosing to stay with us and want to live up to their expectations. I am sorry we fell short of yours for breakfast.

Thank you again for the review and recommendation. We hope you return soon so we can exceed your expectations in all facets of your stay. We take guest comments very seriously and use them to improve. As always, I invite anyone to contact me anytime.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The suites were large and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The employees were very friendly and helpful. The only complaint we had was that there were a bunch of teenagers who were gathering in the hallways, knocking on doors, running away when the door was opened and being very loud. This went on very late in the evening. Should not have put guests between their rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you had a positive stay experience and enjoyed your suite. I am sorry that there were some troublesome teenagers. We do block groups together, but this time of year we do not have any student groups. It may have been families that traveled together. We do invite anyone experiencing this or any other type of frustration to let us know immediately. We want to act to ensure that all of our guests are enjoying their stay. I am sorry this occurred, but am glad you overall experience was an enjoyable one.

Thank you again for the review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!