“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Nice, comfortable, and clean rooms. Great service. Wonderful breakfast and happy hour with free drinks. Near metro station and just a short walk or drive away from places to eat.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for your review. It is short, sweet and to the point! I am glad you had a positive hotel experience and hope you return soon. I invite anyone to contact me anytime.

723 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed at Embassy Suites on June 8th and 9th, 2012 with my husband and 3 children. We were pleased with the hotel. It was a very crowded weekend, due to the Girl Scouts event, and they handled it well. The shuttle service was a nice feature.

The metro ride was a bit longer than expected. I would have driven into town on Friday the 8th if I would have known the true ride time. Driving in on a non-busy time would take about 10 minutes to drive.

In all, it was a nice hotel with nice amenities. The area itself wasn't my favorite and if I was travelling with my family again, I would look for a town that had more family attractions within walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose a room far away from the elevator, as you can hear the elevator "ding" all night lo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Yes, you picked a crowded time to come visit the DC area as it was just you and 40,000 of your girl scout friends! Thank you for mentioning the hotel staff handled the crowds well as we really try to make sure every guest, group or transient, has a positive experience.

Yes, it will actually take less then 10 minutes to drive into DC in a non busy time.... but it may take 30 minutes to find a place to park and cost you $20+. I recommend the Metro to all travelers and use it myself when traveling into DC to tour around.

I am sorry you did not find Crystal City to your liking. We do have one of the largest indoor shopping malls within walking distance as well as the Metro to make it easy to get into DC. I do hope you change your mind and return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My family and I (husband and two teenage boys) recently took a trip to Washington DC -- our first visit ever! Choosing a hotel in such a place can be daunting but I am THRILLED that we decided to stay at the Embassy Suites in Crystal City. The set up of the suite, with two separate rooms is perfect for families as is the daily full breakfast and the nightly Manager's reception. I can't imagine a better value out there.

The room was great! Spacious, well-appointed, clean and comfortable. The service from ALL staff was superb. The quality of the breakfast food and the variety was fantastic! We did not eat at the restaurant so I can't comment on that food.

The best part about this hotel is its location. The fact that it's just minutes from Reagan National Airport (complimentary shuttle) and just a couple of blocks from the Metro (also a shuttle) makes this a no-brainer for anyone wanting to stay outside the District but have easy accessibility to it. It is also very close to lots of different restaurants.

All in all we had a fabulous trip and Embassy Suites came through once again! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. I agree 100% -- there is no better value than an Embassy Suites. I always advise travelers of this when comparing rates. Sure, another hotel may offer a rate that is a little cheaper, but when you add in the cost for a suite upgrade, a full breakfast for each occupant, and snacks/cocktails the other hotel rates will skyrocket past the one at the Embassy Suites; which includes all of it.

I am glad you found the two room suite to your liking. It is excellent for families as the adults can sleep late in the bedroom while the kids can wake up & watch tv in the living room. Also, as a member of a large family, I understand how important a little extra space can be on family vacations!

It is appreciated that you commented on the location. It is so easy to get to from Reagan and simple to get into DC from the hotel. Why pay the higher costs of a hotel in the city and have to take a cab to get there? Save some money and have a fantastic experience at the Embassy Suites Crystal City.... not a sermon, just a thought.

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in the hotel, and this is very close to DC. The rooms are spacious, very good maintenance. The breakfast had too many varieties, and they have a ready-to-cook omeletes as well.

The only BIG BUMMER is they charge 25$ per day for parking. This was never mentioned when we booked the hotel. I did not give 5 stars just because of this.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you chose to spend your time in the DC Metro area with us and enjoyed your suite. That is the first time I have seen the comment that there are too many items offered at breakfast, but it is very true! Where else can you enjoy omelets, french toast, bagels, muffins, waffles, fruits, yogurts, cereals, and much more for free?

I am sorry you were unaware of the parking charge and without knowing exactly where you booked the reservation, I can not speak to why you were not informed. I do know it is listed on our website and also on confirmation emails that go out for reservations made on our website or through our reservations office. The charge is not something we hide from our guests as we know no one likes surprise charges upon arrival. The charge of $24 is very competitive with area hotels and much cheaper than hotels inside Washington DC.

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. I invite anyone reading my reviews to contact me anytime.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

We spent six nights at this hotel. We had five nights at 140 a night. We did not have the first night of our trip here because the rate was 350. We were booked in the dive next to this for one night. We went to the embassy first and they took care of us for 140. The breakfast each morning was pretty good and 100% free. Drinks and snacks in the evenings were very welcome after a full day of walking each day. Rooms were average. Bath areas are starting to show some age.

We walked to the metro each day. 4/10 of a mile one way. We got the one week metro pass which worked perfectly. A few hotels were right near the metro. This would have been good after a 10 hr day on your feet.

I like this combination of location and price for tourism in dc. You are close but not walking distance from attractions.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad you changed to the Embassy Suites during your visit to the DC Metro area. Yes, the complimentary full breakfast buffet and complimentary Manager's Reception (lite snacks, alcoholic & non alcoholic beverages) for every guest makes the value of the Embassy Suites unbeatable. I am sorry you found your suite to be average as we strive to be much better than that. . If there was something you were expecting that was not there, please let me know as we take guest comments/suggestions very seriously.

Please note that for guests that prefer not to take the short walk to the Metro, we offer complimentary shuttle from 7am - 10pm. It is an excellent service; especially after a full day of walking around the many sites in DC.

Thank you again for the review and choosing to stay with us. I hope you return soon. As always I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Piscataway, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Our family stayed here for 4 nights for the memorial day visit to DC. We selected this hotel based on TA Reviews , price & quick access to DC. I am a fan of ES hotels because of their value & amenities. This ES has the largest rooms of all the ES I have visited. The staff are courteous and helpful; breakfast was plentiful, with lots of choices. Both the gym & pools are tiny, but functional. The highway traffic was not an issue as the hotel is well insulated and we did not hear any traffic noise. We ate twice in the restaurant for dinner and the food was quite good. We were surprised by the hefty daily charges for internet connection per device and Parking fees; and disappointed that there is no pay-per-view movies in the room. This hotel is comfortable to relax in after long hot days visiting our national treasures, but be prepared for lots of additional charges.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for the review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us over the holiday weekend. It is nice to read you enjoyed the spaciousness of the suite. It is so nice not be stuck in a cramped room where you have to sit on your bed to watch tv. It especially is an advantage with multiple occupants.

I am glad you found the staff to be friendly. We work hard to make sure each guest interaction is a positive one so it is nice to read this was the case for you. The large majority of our guests do not have any issues with the noise from the street disturbing them and it is nice to read you did not either, but for any people that think it might, I recommend requesting a suite on the opposite side of the hotel from the highway. We try to accommodate all requests.

Thank you for dining in the restaurant; I am happy you enjoyed your meal. The choice to charge for the Internet is not one made at the hotel level. Hilton Worldwide has decided that all full service hotel brands (Hilton, Embassy Suites, & Doubletree) will have an Internet charge. This is the same decision made by all major hotel chains (Sheraton, Marriott, Hyatt, etc) as they too charge for the Internet.

The parking charge may seem high for people coming in from areas that do not charge for parking. However, when compared to what other hotels charge in this area, the Embassy Suites Crystal City is not over priced. Please note the Internet charge and the parking charge will be found at all full service hotels in this area. I am unaware of what other additional charges you are referring to.

Thank you again for the review and for choosing to stay at the Embassy Suites Crystal City. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com
My apologies that you were disappointed that there are no pay per view movies available. I will pass this comment onto the General Manager.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

WE recently stayed at the Embassy Suites Crystal City. This is the third time I have stayed there and it seems each time the visit gets only better. I have noticed that they are continually updating the rooms as well as the common areas. The staff is very freindly and will bend over backwards to help you out. The location is great as the metro stops are just a block away. The breakfast is one for the books. The kids had a ball helping themselves to the cereal and my wife and I really enjoyed the cook to order eggs. The rooms are spacious and clean. It was nice to put the kids to bed and enjoy a quiet evening watching TV and enjoying a snack and glass of wine. I cannot say enough good things about this location and consider it one of the best in the chain. I am hoping we return next year.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. We are so glad you keep returning and we continue to exceed your expectations. It is one of our top goals to work hard to make sure that our guests leave wanting to return. I am glad to read this is the case with you.

The convenience to the Metro is a big plus. i don't want to mislead people so I must correct you, the Metro is 3 blocks away. While the walk is short, we do offer a complimentary shuttle for those that choose or can not walk to the station.

I agree, the breakfast is an awesome perk for our guests. Where else can you have a full breakfast buffet (including an omelet station) for all the occupants of your room for free? I always ask people to keep that in mind when comparing prices of hotels. I have yet to see a better value than an Embassy Suites at any comparable hotel.

Yes, one of the top comments from parents that we get is how great it is to tuck the kids to bed in the living room, shut the door to bedroom and be able to watch tv and relax without fear of waking up the kids. I am glad you enjoyed the spaciousness of the suite.

Thank you again for the review and we too hope you return next year! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Happy travels-

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!