“Wouldn't stay anywhere else while visitng DC” 5 of 5 stars

From $89 with Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
North Carolina
“Wouldn't stay anywhere else while visitng DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

WOW!! If you can't decide where to stay while visiting DC this would be your place!! After many, many days of looking and checking hotels I am so glad I decided on Embassy Suites Crystal City!! From check in to check out our stay was FABULOUS!! We arrived early the day of check in and wasn't sure if our room would be available...the very nice front desk gentleman kindly checked and found a room open so we could check- in and begin our time in DC! He also gave us a map, as newbies to DC helped us plan our time there! The entire hotel is beautiful, rooms are very nice, and very clean! We had the King with pull out sofa. We love the size of the rooms for our family of four. The shuttle runs every 5 and 35 of the hour. The shuttle took us to the Pentagon City metro station also has shopping and picked us up (on the 10 and 40 of the hour). This system is without worry as it runs great and is FREE! The breakfast is more than you could ever ask for including omelets cooked to order, bacon, sausage, pancakes, cereals, fruit, if you like it for breakfast they will have it as the variety is something for everyone! Also the Managers Reception from 5-7 is a nice treat after a long day of walking and touring. You get 2 FREE drinks (alcoholic or non alcoholic) per person and snacks. These ladies can fix a yummy little cocktail ;) Also to help your tired feet relax is the hot tub and pool which is very well regulated and attended. I have never seen this at another hotel pool before but was nice to know they keep things in order and well taken care of. The only negative would be the parking fee but for all the positives I would pay it time and time again because your car is in a locked garage and I did feel it was safe! I'm sorry for the long review but can not say enough good things about this hotel...YES I recommend it and YES this is the only place we will stay when visiting DC!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for the review. It is so nice to read that you such a positive stay experience. I am glad your early check in request could be met and the desk agent was able to help you get ready for sight seeing in DC. I agree, the shuttle is an excellent amenity and offers such a convenience to our guests. While it is walkable to the Metro station, the shuttle is also a nice option.

While I am glad you enjoyed the Manager's Reception, please note there is not a limit on the amount of beverages; it is only 2 at a time that can ordered. The time of the Manager's Reception is 5:30 - 7:30. The value of the breakfast and Manager's Reception as well as the suite make the Embassy Suites rate practically unbeatable; especially for families that are traveling.

We do monitor the area and the parking fee is in line with area hotels as the range is $22 - $30. Keep in mind, this is much better than the $35 - $50 range for most DC hotels. I understand the parking price can be a shock for some, especially those traveling from areas that do not charge, but I do want to point out that all hotels do charge. There is even a charge to park at the shopping mall, Costco, etc.

No need to apologize for the long review. The more details the better as that is what people want when visiting this site. Thank you for the review and for the positive recommendation. We hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed here four nights in March, 2012. It is incredibly convenient for everything in DC. There is a free shuttle that picks you up at the airport and takes you to the hotel--only a few minutes away. The same shuttle will take you to the Fashion Center mall, location of restaurants and shopping, and to the Pentagon City Metro Station. The shuttle runs on a simple half hourly schedule and you can catch it back to the hotel from the metro stop or the shopping center.

The rooms are spacious enough for a roll away bed, plus the sofa folds out into a bed. The bedroom is a separate room with a pretty sturdy door, blocking out the sounds in the living area. The small microwave, sink and refrigerator are very useful.

The breakfast was amazing. Lots of typical breakfast foods and presented hot in a nice buffet. The evening happy hours serves wine, beer and liquor along with snacks--it was way more than I expected. They also have a restaurant on-site. We ate there twice and the food was good--not exceptional but certainly as good as most hotel restaurants.

The staff was friendly, There is a pretty indoor pool, a business center with computers and printers, plus wi-fi in all the rooms. This is definitely a great place to stay while seeing DC sights. I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you had a positive experience. The shuttle is a fantastic amenity as getting around is so simple and there is no need to rent a vehicle.

In my opinion there is no better value than an Embassy Suites. A suite, breakfast, and the Manager's Reception for all occupants would cost a lot at other hotels. Keep that in mind when comparing rates!

Thank you again for your review! We look forward to your return and as always, I invite anyone to contact me anytime.

Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We had a great stay at the Embassy Suites in early March. The transportation was great. We took the airport shuttle, the shuttle to the Metro Station and the hotel van shuttle to go grocery shopping. Khan took us to the Harris Teeter grocery twice during our stay. He gave us a tip to get their shopping card which saved us a lot of money! It was so nice to take a clean safe shuttle to these locations day or evening, saving us money.
All of the front desk staff was excellent. Ata personally greeted me by name every time I walked through the lobby, impressive. The giftshop was well stocked with snacks, over the counter medications and souveniers. Late one night we needed a pediatric fever medication and I was able to get it there.
The breakfast and reception were wonderful with some consistant items and some varieties every day which the kids and us adults enjoyed.
The business center and lobby computers were nice to have access to for checking emails, finding local information and printing boarding passes.
The kids enjoyed the pool. Although it was small, it was never too busy when we were there.
Thanks so much for the pleasant stay, you have an exceptional staff. If we travel to the DC area again, we will definitely stay with you!
Cindy (Bloomington, MN)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you had such an enjoyable stay. The staff is so happy to read of your positive interactions with them as they work so hard to make each guest experience a positive one. Ata and Kahn are exceptionally guest oriented and I appreciate you mentioning them specifically.

It is great to save money! The shuttle really helps as there is no need to rent a car. As you mentioned the shuttle goes to Reagan Airport, the Metro, the shopping mall, restaurants, offices, stores - anywhere within Crystal City. I am happy you were able to take advantage of this amenity. The business center being totally free also helps as there is no charge there to use the internet or print documents; another cost savings.

Of course the breakfast is the biggest cost savings. That same breakfast at other area hotels would be close to $40 for a family of 4. I always remind people to keep that in mind when comparing rates. Also you'd have to pay for the suite upgrade elsewhere, but not at the Embassy Suites.

Thank you again for your review. We hope you return soon and as always I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

My stay at this hotel exceeded my expectations. The hotel provides a free shuttle to airport and Pentagon City Metro Station. Restaurants and the Fashion Center Mall at Pentagon City stores are within walking distance. Will return and recommend.

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for your review. It's short, sweet and to the point! The shuttle is an excellent option to walking, although the walk to the Metro and mall is only 3 blocks (7-10 min walk). However, after a long day of sight seeing, the shuttle is usually a very appreciated amenity.

We hope you return soon! Thank you again for the review and as always I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I was very impressed with my whole experience at the Embassy Suites. We stayed for 4 nights. The breakfast offered a wide variety of hot and cold options, along with fresh fruit and the omlettes - we looked forward to starting our day there. Transportation was available not only to and from the airport, but the shuttle took us to near-by restaurants and the Pentagon City Mall. We also looked forward to the Manager's Reception every day from 5:30 - 7:30p where it was an open bar, along with veggies, chips and dips to tide us over until dinner. After touring all day, it was a nice way to unwind. The pool area was small and was over-run with students (spring break)! No big deal, we didn't come there to swim! The room was very comfortable for 3 adults - lots of extra room and the beds were just right. Nice to have the microwave and small refrigerator in the room. Staff was very friendly and helpful whenever we had questions. Would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floor will give you a better view of the DC area
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed at Embassy suites for 2 nights twice last year in September for business travel and in November for leisure. Both time i had no words. Excellent.Clean. Quiet. Well maintained. Food is high quality. Staff very welcoming and professional. Perfect location. Will definitely stay again while in DC.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Stayed for meeting. Although I do not normally eat breakfast, it was good to have it easily and quickly available without having to spend an arm and a leg. This was a real time saver in getting to the meeting. The manager's reception provided an opportunity for the participants to socialize and discuss the day's meeting. The lobby is conducive to discussion. The maid was very conscientious and friendly to my wife. Just left a warm feeling with us; she represents the hotel well. There is a complimentary shuttle that is usually available to take guests to local restaurants, airport or metro, another plus.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for the review. See, you now know the value of Embassy Suites. When comparing hotel rates with an Embassy Suites rate, make sure to add onto your other rates at least $15 per person for breakfast, $20 for a suite upgrade, and $10 for two cocktails. Then you will have comparable rates!

The breakfast is so good even people that are not breakfast eaters can not resist. Omelets, pancakes, waffles, bagels, muffins, fruit, yogurt and much more. It really has something for everyone.

You are correct, the Manager's Reception is such an excellent way to unwind and socialize after a long day. Whether it be with collegues from a meeting, family members from a reunion or wedding, or fans of a favorite team; the Manager's Reception is a fun atmosphere... oh and it's free!

I will pass your comment about the housekeeper onto the Director of Housekeeping so he can share with his team. Thank you for mentioning that and I am glad she left your wife with a positive impression.

Thank you again and I hope you return soon; maybe for fun and not a meeting. As always, I invite anyone to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!