“Really pleased, would stay again” 5 of 5 stars

From $109 with Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
rochester, ny
“Really pleased, would stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here Aug 12-14 with daughter & grandson. Very pleased with all of the services & the clean room. Liked having a small fridge & microwave in the living area. Grandson really liked having his "own room" and he liked using the pool. The shuttle service was exceptional, picking us up & dropping us off at National airport without much of a wait but also dropping off & picking up for dinner in Crystal City one evening as well. We also used it to return to the hotel from the metro a few times. The breakfast was good each morning, especially the omelettes. Happy hour receptions were a huge hit with us, serving free wine for adults & soda for grandson with different snacks each night.
Everyone was professional, polite & helpful, from the drivers to the front desk.
My grandson loved it so much he didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: This is a family hotel but if you want to avoid the atrium noise level then maybe a room above the 4...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you for your review. Wow, I am so happy to read about your positive stay. The two room suite is what sets the Embassy Suites aside from other hotels "suites". Their suite is more often then not just a large room, but at the Embassy Suites there is a door that seperates bedroom and living room area. This is so awesome for families as the parents can sleep in the bedroom and the kids in the living room. I am glad your grandson loved having his own room.
The shuttle is an excellent convenience used by many guests. Whether to the Metro, Airport, or local Crystal City stops the complimentary shuttle is an excellent (and cost effective) way to get around.

I hope you all return soon for another top notch stay. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
DFW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We were in town for a Funeral and many of the attendees were staying at the Embassy Suites so we did as well. It was perfect, the rooms were spotless, the breakfast was over the top, the happy hour was terrific. The set up in the atrium was great for socializing which suited us well since there were lots of family and friends there. We had a terrific view of the Washington Monument.

The location to Arlington Cemetery was great and the shuttle to and from the airport is a plus. The shuttle even took us a few other places during our stay.

The Staff was kind and efficient as well. We even cooled off in the pool for a bit, surprised to see a lifeguard on duty at a hotel pool.

We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: As for a room with a view of the momument!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. I am sorry that the reason you were in town was an unfortunate one, but happy to read that your stay went so well. The atrium is an excellent location to meet up with family & friends, relax, or even play some board games. After breakfast it is mostly empty until the Manager's Reception.

In the state of VA, it is a law that for public pools a lifeguard must be on duty at all times. I am glad you were able to use the pool.

Thank you again for the review and I am sorry for your loss. I hope your next visit is during much happier times. As always, I invite anyone to contact me anytime.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights on Aug 19-21 for a quick get-away. The room was quite comfortable and the nightly manager's reception with complimentary beverages and light snacks was enjoyed after a day of sightseeing in DC. They also had a cooked-to-order complimentary breakfast each morning. We thoroughly enjoyed both our visit to DC and the stay at the hotel. We'll be back again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Thank you for your review. It is great that you enjoyed your stay so much. It seems you took advantage of all the amenities offered. There is no better value than an Embassy Suites. We are looking forward to your third visit and we will work hard to make you want to come back for a 4th.

I invite anyone to contact me anytime.

Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We love Embassy Suites and this one is no exception. Large two-room suite; comfortable and attractive furnishings; excellent staff; complimentary evening happy hour reception and excellent cooked-to-order breakfast. Free shuttle to the nearby Reagan Airport. Just great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read you are a fan of the brand. Our staff works hard to reach our ultimate goal -- satisfy every guest - every time. I am glad we met this goal with you! I hope you return soon and as always invite anyone to contact me anytime.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

After a trip from "hell" with the airlines yesterday, spending 10 hrs. at LaGuardia experiencing delays and cancellations, being diverted to DC late last night when I needed to get to Columbus, OH, and arriving in DC without my suitcase (it got to Columbus, I didn't!) and no clean clothes, it was such a pleasure being a HiltonHonors Diamond member to see a wrapped gift of snacks and cold bottled water in the fridge when I entered the room. Made me smile; like someone cared that I was exhausted. Such a nice touch and so appreciated. Although I only got to stay in the room for about 4 hours, I certainly appreciated a clean and welcoming room. I had to leave very early to get to the airport and missed breakfast, which I love at the Embassy Suites. (Not sure why a prior reviewer had negative comments re: omelets. Stayed here before and like other Embassy S's breakfast, they are consistent and delicious. Maybe it was a bad day for the chef!) Because I was missing breakfast, the front desk attendant, Charles (??) got me 2 bananas to take with me, which I very much appreciated. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. I hope you eventually caught up to your suitcase! While I am sorry that you had a poor travel experience with the airlines, I am happy we turned the frown upside down. We love welcoming HHonor Diamond Members with welcome snacks.

Thank you for mentioning the breakfast and how much you enjoyed it. It is rare to get a negative comment on the omelet, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, I am so glad that reviewers breakfast opinion is not shared by most. i will be sure to pass on your comment to the Director of Front Office so the agent that Charles gets a big thank you for making sure you had something to eat.

I hope your next stay with us is planned and a lot longer. As always, I invite anyone to contact me anytime.

Holly Springs, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Typical of Embassy Suites. Big room, clean at a great location. The price is a fraction of District hotels, and you're only a block from the Metro, which will deliver you into DC in just a few minutes.

I enjoyed the EB happy hour with my free drink and munchies. The staff was very helpful.

They do charge for parking, around $22. My business in the District got me back for my car about an hour after the cutoff and they let it slide.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. The consistency of going from one Embassy Suites to the next is what people really enjoy. You know what product you are going to get and the standard is quite high. I am glad you found this to be the case with your stay.

You are correct, the prices of being on the VA side of the bridge can be much cheaper than being only 2 minutes away, but on the DC side. The shuttle to Metro or a short 3.5 block walk make it very easy to get into DC very quickly.

I am glad you took advantage of the complimentary Manager's Reception. Parking is $22.95, but when compared to other area hotels you will find it is very competitive. We hope you return soon! Thank you again for the review and as always anyone can contact me anytime.

Park City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The service was extremely good. We requested a rollaway and it was there in minutes and staff were very helpful with a great attitude. The suites are great for families with the separate bedroom so parents can stay up later and/or sleep in later and the kids can watch their own TV, although we did get burned by our daughter ordering a PPV movie, at $20! Outside of this the hotel offered outstanding value especially considering the huge free buffet breakfast, and the two hour nightly managers reception. The kids eating free and free airport shuttle was a huge bonus too. The restaurant was fine as long as your expectations are not too high. The pool being staffed with two lifeguards was a nice touch, especially since they helped stop the place getting too crowded as it's not a large pool or space. I highly recommend it and will definitely stay again when travelling to DC with the kids.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thank you for the review. You are correct, the suite set up is awesome for families. As an fyi, you can shut off the movie service to avoid future movies or games being ordered without your knowledge.

Thank you for the detailed review and I do hope you return soon (with or without the kids!). As always anyone can contact me anytime.

Kevin B. Feldman'
kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport? Share your experiences!