“Great Place for the Price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Munhall, Pennsylvania
“Great Place for the Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotel is a great place for the price, especially considering the location and how expensive every where else is around it. Very clean, brightly lit, friendly staff, and the Metro is a 10 minute walk away. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Its always great to serve esteem guests like you, who acknowledges and recognize the efforts that our team makes to ensure that all of our guests have the best experience possible. You are so correct our location which is minuets away from Washington dc and clean and comfortable rooms garnish with friendly service makes it a perfect place to stay.Thank you for your kind words and and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

It's hard to find a place in an area that you haven't stayed in before. This place was a great price, which also made me question what it would actually be like when I got there. It was very nice! It's a nice looking place, the staff members were friendly and helpful. The room was clean & in great shape. I think you get a great stay for a low price here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
I am so glad you came and stayed with us! Its an added pleasure that we exceeded your expectations and succeeded in providing affordable lodging at reasonable rates. We really appreciate your feedback and I'm sure others who are reading this will want to come and check out our convenient and excellent location, comfortable and clean rooms and a great complimentary continental breakfast. Please do Come back to see us again the next time you're in the area, we are always here for you.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

If you look at accommodations, location and price, this is really a good overall choice. 2 1/2 blocks from the metro station, reasonable price, decent breakfast (although, as many people have pointed out, the room is too small, so be prepared to breakfast in your room). The room is comfortable, not fancy. If you're going to the Mall, it's about 40 minutes door-to-door, using the metro.

The free wifi was better than most hotels. I actually watched a netflix movie, using it. That's unusual.

Room Tip: I've stayed there a few times. One time, we stayed on the lower level and it was a bit musty, s...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for such a great review . As you noticed that we focus on in providing excellent service and immaculate rooms but at the same time also try to provide a refreshing breakfast . We are pleased that we exceeded your expectations Moreover, it is nice to know that you are one of our valuable repeat guest, and we are indebted for your continued patronage..

We use all guest comments to improve so we are planning to improve our breakfast area to ensure a positive experience in all areas of the hotel. Thank you again for your kind words and we will see you soon!
Kingsport, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Our family stayed here for 2 nights on a recent stay to DC. The rooms were clean and the front desk staff was friendly. Parking and internet were free, which is not the norm in the DC area. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the East Falls Church Metro station. You can be to the National Mall in 25 minutes from the hotel. The breakfast is simple - cereal, bagels, toast and the breakfast area is cramped, but it is adequate. If you are on a budget and want to avoid the expense of staying in downtown DC, this hotel might be the right place for you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had at our hotel. Our hard working staff takes pride in our hotel and I will share your comments with them. We all especially appreciate your noticing the cleanliness of your room as well as acknowledging friendly staff, great location and convenience of metro subway.We all look forward to your staying with us again sometime again in the near future.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I could not get a hotel closer to my meeting location in central Arlington (at a reasonable price) because of some anniversary of Arlington Cemetery or something. I picked this motel based on the reviews here and on access to the metro. I am glad I did.

The hotel is an easy 5 minute walk from the metro (and yes, you have to go up a flight of outdoor stairs, but that's what humans have legs for).

The hotel is squeaking clean, the front desk was friendly and efficient. Breakfast was included and more than appropriate (fresh fruit, 3 cold cereals, breads, waffles, boiled eggs, orange juice, ...). And the coffee was from Starbucks, actually three different flavors. The breakfast room is small but I did not think it was over-crowded.

The only negative was a slightly musty odor in my room which I only noticed when I got in first, not when I was in it. Maybe it was the A/C. I told the receptionist when I checked out and she said she would leave a note for housekeeping

OK, people, the Ritz it ain't. But you are paying less than a 150 bux in high season in one of the most expensive areas of the country so stop kvetching!

I often get really good deals on fancy hotels in the area and I will continue to do so if I can. But if that does not work out, I won't hesitate going back to this place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for your honest and candid review. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our free continental breakfast, Starbucks coffee , and staff services . We also really appreciate all of the time spent adding so many details about the amenities at the hotel and the benefits of staying at Econo Lodge Metro. I apologize that your room had some odor when you checked in .I did discuss it with our housekeeping supervisor and are taking the steps to correct it for future .We would be honored if you would choose us again for a future stay and I'm sure your review will inspire others to come and see what we really offer.
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The only available room was a 2 double-bed one. It was huge with two king size beds. Overall it is clean and quiet. The only issues we found were very small breakfast area. Some people even took their food to the room. Also, there is no lift if you are placed in the lower floor.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and writting a great review about our hotel . I am glad that our two bedroom room provided the space and comfort that you needed. They are ideally suited for families and our hard working staff try their best to keep it clean and fresh. I do agree with you that we have limited space for the breakfas areat, however we are working to redsign it in order to make it more accomodating. You are correct lack of elvator is trouble some, but two of our floors have access from the ground level and if you let us know we can easily accomodate you at the floor of your choice. Thank you again for letting us know about your stay and we hope to see you and your family again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I'm sure that many travelers will enjoy being refused an email confirmation when making a reservation. Others will be delighted by the space that our group (college students on a tour) dubbed the "Crevice," a breakfast area so cramped, badly organized, and disorienting (the walls are mirrors) that it somehow evoked M. C. Escher, Dr. Seuss, and Stanley Kubrick. Yet others will trill with glee when relishing their breakfast of frozen hard-boiled eggs and pastries that evoke nothing in particular. But as for I and my group, we will never darken the door of the "Crevice" again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for your review . I apologize that our breakfast did not meet your needs, I do understand your frustration but being a small hotel we have very limited public area and are forced to use this area. Mirrors are added by our decorators to look this area little bigger but I am sorry these caused inconvenience for you. I would be discussing this with my superiors and designers to make necessary changes.

Been to Econo Lodge Metro? Share your experiences!