“Good Place for a Budget Stay in DC” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Good Place for a Budget Stay in DC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Our family stayed here for 2 nights on a recent stay to DC. The rooms were clean and the front desk staff was friendly. Parking and internet were free, which is not the norm in the DC area. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the East Falls Church Metro station. You can be to the National Mall in 25 minutes from the hotel. The breakfast is simple - cereal, bagels, toast and the breakfast area is cramped, but it is adequate. If you are on a budget and want to avoid the expense of staying in downtown DC, this hotel might be the right place for you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had at our hotel. Our hard working staff takes pride in our hotel and I will share your comments with them. We all especially appreciate your noticing the cleanliness of your room as well as acknowledging friendly staff, great location and convenience of metro subway.We all look forward to your staying with us again sometime again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I could not get a hotel closer to my meeting location in central Arlington (at a reasonable price) because of some anniversary of Arlington Cemetery or something. I picked this motel based on the reviews here and on access to the metro. I am glad I did.

The hotel is an easy 5 minute walk from the metro (and yes, you have to go up a flight of outdoor stairs, but that's what humans have legs for).

The hotel is squeaking clean, the front desk was friendly and efficient. Breakfast was included and more than appropriate (fresh fruit, 3 cold cereals, breads, waffles, boiled eggs, orange juice, ...). And the coffee was from Starbucks, actually three different flavors. The breakfast room is small but I did not think it was over-crowded.

The only negative was a slightly musty odor in my room which I only noticed when I got in first, not when I was in it. Maybe it was the A/C. I told the receptionist when I checked out and she said she would leave a note for housekeeping

OK, people, the Ritz it ain't. But you are paying less than a 150 bux in high season in one of the most expensive areas of the country so stop kvetching!

I often get really good deals on fancy hotels in the area and I will continue to do so if I can. But if that does not work out, I won't hesitate going back to this place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for your honest and candid review. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our free continental breakfast, Starbucks coffee , and staff services . We also really appreciate all of the time spent adding so many details about the amenities at the hotel and the benefits of staying at Econo Lodge Metro. I apologize that your room had some odor when you checked in .I did discuss it with our housekeeping supervisor and are taking the steps to correct it for future .We would be honored if you would choose us again for a future stay and I'm sure your review will inspire others to come and see what we really offer.
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The only available room was a 2 double-bed one. It was huge with two king size beds. Overall it is clean and quiet. The only issues we found were very small breakfast area. Some people even took their food to the room. Also, there is no lift if you are placed in the lower floor.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and writting a great review about our hotel . I am glad that our two bedroom room provided the space and comfort that you needed. They are ideally suited for families and our hard working staff try their best to keep it clean and fresh. I do agree with you that we have limited space for the breakfas areat, however we are working to redsign it in order to make it more accomodating. You are correct lack of elvator is trouble some, but two of our floors have access from the ground level and if you let us know we can easily accomodate you at the floor of your choice. Thank you again for letting us know about your stay and we hope to see you and your family again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I'm sure that many travelers will enjoy being refused an email confirmation when making a reservation. Others will be delighted by the space that our group (college students on a tour) dubbed the "Crevice," a breakfast area so cramped, badly organized, and disorienting (the walls are mirrors) that it somehow evoked M. C. Escher, Dr. Seuss, and Stanley Kubrick. Yet others will trill with glee when relishing their breakfast of frozen hard-boiled eggs and pastries that evoke nothing in particular. But as for I and my group, we will never darken the door of the "Crevice" again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for your review . I apologize that our breakfast did not meet your needs, I do understand your frustration but being a small hotel we have very limited public area and are forced to use this area. Mirrors are added by our decorators to look this area little bigger but I am sorry these caused inconvenience for you. I would be discussing this with my superiors and designers to make necessary changes.
Pleasant Hope, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This hotel is very basic and not new but is super clean! Front desk staff is friendly and cheerful. It is an easy walk to the Metro along the bike trail. We were worried that our room was located across from the laundry room/storage but we were pleasantly surprised at how quiet the staff was the next morning we never heard them coming or going across the hall and were greeted with a pleasant "good morning" as we passed them in the hall. Breakfast was nice but again nothing fancy and coffee available all day would be a really nice addition. Great room for the price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
It is wonderful to hear that we met your lodging needs and our pleasant staff, clean rooms and location hit the spot! I have shared your views with my hardworking team and we are all grateful .
Thank you again for writing such a nice review and for letting everyone know about your positive experience. You are welcome back anytime
York pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

During a recent necessity to visit the "Virginia Hospital Center" we needed a place to stay for an evening prior to our visit to the hospital. Checked "Tripadvisor" and found this hotel. The closeness to the hospital ( about 1.5 miles) made this hotel a good choice. Looking over several reviews from other travelers, felt it too was a positive location. But no elevator,. No problem, a call to the hotel a week before our reservations allowed us a 1st. floor room. The parking lot is small and a little difficult to enter. Mainly because of the Traffic. A/C was not the greatest but passable. Building showing it's age. Many previous visitors indicated a decent breakfast and coffee. Could not find any during our stay. Not a big deal. but missed. Getting to this location was very difficult, even our GPS unit did little help in finding it. TRAFFIC is, with out a doubt, terrible. all in all was a positive stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
econometro, General Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing us for your stay. We know you initially selected us after reading reviews about our hotel and close proximity to Virginia Hospital , but now that you've had the Econo Lodge Metro experience, we hope you'lll come back for the warm and friendly staff and this time will not miss our complimentary breakfsat and Starbuck coffee that are included in your stay.

Thank you again and we are waiting for your future visit.
Port Neches, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Selected this motel after reading many reviews and was very pleased. Very clean with many updates, comfortable bed, lovely décor, nice bathroom (except the vanity space was small). Another reviewer described perfectly and put up accurate photos. Easy 2 1/2 block walk to the Metro on a bicycle trail or cutting off to the street behind. Stayed on first floor with easy access to the laundry room (which has a microwave) and the breakfast room (another microwave). Refrigerator in the room and easy access to the ice machine. Very practical for our 6 night stay in DC. Highly recommend unless you want to spend a lot of money on a hotel in DC. No charge for parking or internet. Chaissin Tails Restaurant located very near on the corner on street behind motel and highly recommend it also.

Room Tip: Loved the downstairs room with two double beds but other rooms should be just as nice. So easy to g...