“Good Value close to D.C.” 3 of 5 stars

Inns Of Virginia Arlington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3335 Lee Highway, Arlington, VA 22207   |
Ranked #38 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Brisbane, Australia
“Good Value close to D.C.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

We normally stay with family living in Arlington VA but because of a recent shift they were still unpacking so we decided to find a budget hotel for a few nights. This property was just a few minutes from our family, was reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. For anyone on a tight budget wanting to be close to D.C. (walking distance) this would be a good base. Nothing fancy.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Although just staying for one night, we took a $12 cab ride to the Lincoln Memorial, and a stroll up to the White House. Finding a good restaurant was harder than we thought.
Make sure you ask/reserve for a non-smoking room if you want one. Lucky for us we were able to switch rooms.
Breakfast was frozen (juices and pastries) and minimal.

Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We loved this little place,very nice ,quiet,affordable, friendly staffs ,close to D.C and surrounding areas . Very comfy beds and super cleanliness is A+++.High speed wifi 28 mbps we have on room.Highly recommend .

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Very nice ,quiet,affordable, friendly staffs ,close to D.C and surrounding areas . Very comfy beds and super cleanliness is A+++. Free high speed wifi download 27Mbps. Highly recommend . We loved this little place.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hillsborough, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Came to DC yesterday (Thursday) for a Friday morning visa appointment. The first night, my room was booked by a third party. It was a single room (#104), and about $90. It was nice and clean and I had no complaints. So I decided this morning to stay another night so I could see a bit more of DC before heading home. I should have quit while I was ahead, I think. All the single rooms had been reserved, so I changed to a double before I left for my appointment.

Room 105 is just across the hall and to the left. I don't blame the hotel for having to change my room, but there are a few unlucky differences in quality because of it. First i'll say as a side-note that because I didn't go through a third party to book the second room, I payed a little less money ($80-something. I would have paid even less ($70-something) if a single had been available).

The price of a switch from single to double is supposed to pay for an upgrade in size/capacity, but the quality should still be the same. However, when I came back to my new room to do online research on how I should spend my time in DC, I couldn't keep a signal (which by-the-way, is an unsecured network. The password protected network ID(s) that are taped to the back of the keycard envelope don't work...it may just be a temporary problem, I don't know).

The WiFi is the most annoying part since it took 3 times as long to research. But a close second are the ants (they're the little ones). I can find one (without particularly looking) crawling around every 15 to 20 minutes. There isn't a hoard of them anywhere, but I'm a clean person and don't leave open packages of food sitting out. Those little ants will bite sometimes, though. They don't have venom (or so i'm guessing), because I haven't gotten a reaction from a bite, but still. Not okay.

The last little nitpicky thing (which doesn't really bother me, but I thought I should mention), is the cracked area with what looks like (some) mold (... it can be easily ignored if you're not wearing your glasses and you're distracted by the internet and ants being a pain...) around the A/C unit. Here's hoping there aren't toxic spores or anything, but I don't have allergies or asthma so I can't tell you if there's enough to cause respiratory problems.

In conclusion, you get what you pay for. I think that the hotel staff try to do what they can with the resources they have. I'll let the staff know about my complaints in the morning, but I feel I can review things more accurately if I write it as I experience it.
This is my first tripadvisor review, but I assume I can update or comment on my review if I need to. So I'll *try to let you know if I get compensated for my troubles in any way (*snort). Otherwise, just assume that they'll try to get these problems fixed as soon as they can.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Karmiel, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The room was clean, but was left coffee in a coffee maker from past guests. Inside is no wardrobe, no iron and hair dryer should be asked to the reception or the maids. There is a TV, refrigerator and microwave. Dining room at the hotel is not at all, no chairs, tables and almost no breakfast. The hotel is located at a distance of 10-15 minutes walk to the main street in Arlington, where there are many restaurants and cafes.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed one night at the Inns of Virginia Arlington just as a stop over before heading to DC for the week. For the price you pay it is worth it. Parking and wifi is free and the staff are all nice. Room comes with a fridge and a microwave and is clean. Would not want to stay for more than a night but the one night was definitely fine. Comfortable enough and in a good area surrounded by restaurants and anything else you would need. For 100$ a night you can't ask for much more than a clean room and that they had.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Inns Of Virginia Arlington? Share your experiences!