“just what i needed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Toronto, Canada
“just what i needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed one night at the Inns of Virginia Arlington just as a stop over before heading to DC for the week. For the price you pay it is worth it. Parking and wifi is free and the staff are all nice. Room comes with a fridge and a microwave and is clean. Would not want to stay for more than a night but the one night was definitely fine. Comfortable enough and in a good area surrounded by restaurants and anything else you would need. For 100$ a night you can't ask for much more than a clean room and that they had.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I booked a room for 1 night having diligently read all the reviews of the place. Good outweighed bad and for $100, it seemed like a great deal in arlington. NO WAY! It was awful. I'd reserved a non smoking room. When I got there, they only had smoking rooms. Who knew you could still smoke in hotels in VA???? I asked how this happened. "We overbooked and you booked thru Expedia". Not even sure what that meant. I asked to see the room before committing. We walked upstairs down a nasty hallway to the room. She knocked and opened the door...someone was in the room! She had no idea why someone was in the room. So, she went into another room. The stench was so disgusting. Smelled like someone was still smoking in there, but the smell was more than just smoke. I told her no thanks, but I'd have to find another hotel. She was very, very nice and said she'd try to get me into a non smoking that was waiting for check in, but then there wasn't one available. She offered to help me find another place, but I told her I'd take care of it. I felt bad she was so nice but working in such a dirty place. At least I could cancel since it was before 6pm (though, since they were oversold, someone would have been left without a room, so I guess I saved them....poor things.) I sat in my car and started to search and luckily found a comfort inn right down the street. Free parking, free NICE breakfast, free wi-fi. Rooms were fine for one night. Bed was EXTREMELY nice.....it and the very large screen tv made up for the rest. I will not attempt a stay at the Inns of Virginia Arlington again. I should have known that for that price, it would be awful. I was just hoping the good reviews were correct.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Penny B, Public Relations Manager at Inns Of Virginia Arlington, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
I am extremely sorry that you did not like the room that you were offered. However, when you book through a third party ( for example Expedia) we don't have any control over the reservation. We are only able to go on what information we have been given. We are not able to change their reservations. We were a non smoking hotel for over a year and had so many complaints that we decided to allow 3 of our rooms to become smoking rooms again. We try to be accommodating to all people.
Our housekeeping staff works hard to make each room as "homey" as possible. As you can see by other reviews, cleanliness is one of the things that most often gets the highest praise in reviews.
While we try our best to make it a pleasant experience for each of our guests, but some people prefer different options than we are able to provide. We would love you to give us another try in the future.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I just needed a place to sleep before flying out the next day. Close to Ronald Reagan airport. There is also a bus stop close by, which get you to the metro into DC.

The room was clean and not too much of the motel room odor. The front desk was great, if not maybe too friendly. Continental breakfast was weak, but you aren't far from several good diners. It was about $20 cheaper than anywhere around it that I found.

Room Tip: Tell them you want the least smelly room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed here for one night, for a stopover in DC.

Pros: The staff was extremely nice and helpful. This was the highlight. The location is great- a 10 minute drive into DC. There is also a bus stop close by, which get you to the metro into DC.

Cons: The windows don't open, and the door opens into a hallway, so no fresh air. Ever. While the room was clean, the attention to detail was lacking. There were drinking cups between the bed and night table, and half empty shampoo bottles above the shower. Not a big deal, though, honestly b/c it was clean. The other reviewers are right. The continental breakfast was not great. Coffee, cookies, and juice. You can hear your neighbors talking through the walls, but earplugs solved that problem.

I would recommend this place, if you will be out and about most of the day, and just crashing out at night. Our room was nice and spacious, and comfortable. If the window had opened, it would have seemed fresher and less stuffy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The hotel is clean, easy to find, and in a great location. The rooms are very basic but are clean and comfortable with upgraded flat screen TV's.

Staff is courteous and helpful.

If you are looking for something more than a clean comfortable place to stay, this might not be the place for you. Otherwise, this is a great value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

The hotel is clean and well kept. Breakfast is nothing to write home about, unfortunately - just a small breakfast corner but OK to start the day. A key point: public transportation acess into Washington is possible but inconvenient. If you have a car and you're brave, you can go into the city. Otherwise you can park next to a metro station in Arlington.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Penny B, Guest Relations Manager at Inns Of Virginia Arlington, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about Inns of Virginia - Arlington. We are glad that you liked your stay with us. Just a word about the continental breakfast. Unfortunately Arlington County will not let us do anything but pre-packaged items and the fresh fruit without a full time attendant. That does limit us as to what we can offer. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to look for ways to improve. Please visit us again soon.
Barrington, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This hotel was comfortable and clean. The service was friendly and was willing to help us. I was pleasantly surprised. It was close to town and near my daughters college so I just took a taxi from there. I was pleased and will stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and it was fine. I guess if I needed to I would ask for the first floor bu...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I am glad that you were pleased with your stay with us. Our staff is dedicated to making the guest feel welcomed. We look forward to your return soon.

Been to Inns Of Virginia Arlington? Share your experiences!