“Affordable, friendly, clean” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3335 Lee Highway, Arlington, VA 22207   |
Ranked #39 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
“Affordable, friendly, clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stay here Sept. 28 thru Oct. 5th. Check in was easy. Staff friendly helpful and just plain good people. Room is a simple room with microwave and fridge TV and bed. Bus stop convenient and quick trip to the metro. Everything was awesome. No funky smells or anything, stayed on the bottom floor. We brought our own breakfast but used their hot water for oatmeal and I enjoyed their fresh coffee every morning. Would totally stay again.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Morris Plains, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

It's a very decent small hotel with a good price. It's located on a steep hilly roadside. The room smells good but it has very thin walls though as you can hear all the plumbing above and next to your room. I would stay there again if I need to visit that area. It's also located to a Italian sub store/market that is rated #2 on TripAdvisors. We bought our sub, soup and some Italian beer there to bring back to our room to eat, not too bad.

Room Tip: We have the lower level room in the back, which in general is quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
washington dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I,have been a loyal,and returning lodger since the 1990's.This property has improved ,and grown to compete with the ever changing Chains in the Hospitality Industry.For, it's size and location,it Excels the competitors. The Staff is helpful and friendly.I,will always stay here when,I can.

Room Tip: If cigarette smoke bothers you,Book a 1st Floor room or stay elsewhere. As this great place still al...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Arlington,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

These guys made so many mistakes and treated me so rudely that it is just too daunting to tell the whole tale. The worst was when I came home late one night to find that they had raided my room and taken all my suits and belongings and deposited them in a pile on their laundry room floor. Why? Because they screwed up my reservation even after being told three times when I wanted to check out and telling me it was all set. Did they call or email me to clear up their mistake before evicting me from the room? No. Did they charge me a higher rate to get back into a room for the night (it wasn't like I had another choice, given the late hour.) Yes, they did raise the rate on me. Did it matter to them that I stayed with them for a whole month up until then? Nope. The lost money I can live with, but the lack of responsiveness and complete lack of respect they show to their customers I can't accept. I'll never stay there again, no matter how cheap it is.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel, previously in 2010 and would stay again. The hotel was affordable and comfortable. The only downside would be the location - the nearest Metro station is a 10-12min walk (Clarendon). The only real complaint would be the smoky smell in the hallway - it seems this hotel still has smoking rooms but once you are in the room, the smell is not noticeable. The breakfast and coffee options were adequate for a typical continental breakfast. The housecleaning service did not clean our coffee machine, they simply left new coffee the next morning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Per a previous customer review, this place DEFINITELY has an infestation of insects. In the first room we were assigned, my husband actually SAW a flea on his leg. After going to the front desk to complain, the employee there, (didn't catch his name, but he seemed like a fat redneck) acted like he was not the slightest bit surprised. He gave us a room on the second floor, far from the infestation.

This place is the PITS. The halls reek of mildew and filth. The bed is hard. Maids are lazy and don't even wipe down the tables, leaving crumbs. We would NEVER go back!

Room Tip: If for some reason you are forced to stay in this flea hole, ask for a room on the second floor!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
maddynmel, Guest Relations Manager at Inns Of Virginia Arlington, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
As part of the management team at Inns of Virginia - Arlington we are never happy when we have an unpleasant review from a guest. However I would like to state that we have a pest control contract that services the hotel twice a month. I also would like to state that if you look at the other reviews left by this person you will note that they don't seem to be happy with any place. To call a clerk a fat redneck because you can't remember his name is uncalled for and shows lack of character. Our housekeeping staff work very hard to make sure that the rooms are clean and ready for our guests. If ever there is a problem or a customer is unsatisfied, they can contact the General Manager of the Hotel.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

After reading some poor reviews, I wanted to say that my experience during 3 nights in August 2012 was just fine. The hotel has a chill and relaxed vibe due to a new coat of paint and art on the walls, a nice surprise from the vanilla outside aspect. The bathroom was clean, and no weird smells at all. My room was clean and functional, and you certainly can't beat the price in Arlington! I had no car, and it was an easy 20 minute walk to Clarendon or 30 min walk to Ballston metro stops. (bus option for those who don't want to walk.) The Custis bike trail is right down the road, with a capital bike share station only 25 min walk away, at the public library, for those who want some exercise or a cheap way to see the Capitol!
When I come back to Arlington, this will be my home, and should be yours, too!

Room Tip: Up on a hill off Lee highway, so no noise issues to speak of.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business