“Great hotel and superb service” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, VA 22202-2891   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Lawrence, Kansas
“Great hotel and superb service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

The Doubletree is a very good hotel and the staff are totally professional and provide superb service and support. It is in a great location in the DC area as it is close to everything and, from the 14th flooor, has great views over the district. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable and a good value for the money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Thank you for the review. I am so happy to read that you had a great stay. Our staff works hard to ensure all guests leave here satisfied and it is rewarding to hear from guests that have a great experience. I agree, the views offered from many of our sleeping rooms (on many floors in the North Tower) as well as from Windows over Washington is unbeatable. Once the Skydome reopens (fully renovated!!) in early March our guests will be able to enjoy the panoramic views offered in the rotating lounge. Thank you again for the review and I hope you will return soon. I invite anyone reading my response to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel in March 2010 and had a fantastic week, the food was great, the service was great and when you are a brit travelling most importantly the patience was great.

I had a three day meeting which was actually held at the hotel and we had to ask for nothing as it was all delivered on time and at EVERY time they exceeded expectations.

Thsi is a must stay hotel as a business person as the service and team were Great.

Thank you from the Brit on the GMO in March.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am so happy your stay at the hotel was such a positive one. We work hard to ensure all guests are happy and it is nice to read when this occurs. While our overnight guests are very important to us, so are our meeting attendees. With over 31,000 square feet of meeting space, we specialize in hosting successful meetings. Our catering team is trained not only to respond to a situation, but to anticipate the meeting attendees needs. Thank you for your comment and I will be sure to share this with the team. Please contact me anytime and I hope the next time you visit the DC Metro area, you will stay with us. Cheerio!

Happy Travels -

Front Royal, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Husband and I stayed at this property in Crystal City, VA, as we often go for weekends to the city for a getaway although we dont usually stay here due to out of our price range. We booked online this time and got a great price here at the double tree. The hotel staff was more then outstanding and should win an award for best staff ever in the USA. When we first booked in we had just booked a standard rate and they upgraded us to a junior suite. When we got to the room it had not been cleaned yet and we called down to the desk and they changed our room, but here is the kicker. The staff put us in the best suite on the property also 2 breakfast coupons. We decided to stay even a extra night with them and they still gave us the 89.00 dollar rate at the suite we were in that typically cost 279.00 - 400.00. The property has some age on it, but the staff made you unaware of the age of the property they were just beyond words would for sure stay here again... Great Job staff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review. I like that -- best staff ever in the USA. We'd love to win that award!! My apologies the original room was not cleaned upon arrival, but I am so glad to see the staff responded with an upgrade as an apology. Our staff works hard to reach the goal of satisfying every guest - every time. I hope you will return soon. Thank you again and as always anyone can contact me anytime.

Happy travels --

Augusta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

I always enjoy my brief stays at the Doubletree. The staff knows me and greets me by name and makes feel very welcome.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, February 4, 2011
Thank you for the review and your continued business. We love seeing our many repeat guests and really try to recognize them by name. I am glad you noticed this effort and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for the great review and please know we do not take your business for granted. We will continue to work hard to keep you happy & earn your repeat visits. Please contact me anytime.

Burlington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

There was a delay at check in due to some technical problems but the desk person was very helpful. The room was one of the new Pure rooms - frankly I couldn't tell much difference other than what looked like a dehumidifier running constantly but the bed was comfortable and breakfast in the cafe was good.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. My apologies for the issues at check in, but I hope the delay was not too long. Typically we score very high on speed of check in so this was not the norm. I am glad you experienced the PURE room. We receive many comments from our guests that they enjoy the air quality in those rooms. They also help a lot with people that have allergies as the air is purified due to the specially made humidifiers. Thank you for noting the bed was comfortable and your pleasant experience in the Cafe. I hope you return soon. Please contact me anytime.

Happy Travels

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Everyone there was very friendly and helpful. I didn't even have to ask for directions within the hotel most of the time because random employees would walk up and ask if I needed help. Guess I looked spacey! The free transport to and from the hotel to where I needed to go made the stay very convenient (meeting at TSA HQ which was right across the street from the Pentagon City Mall drop (free shuttle) and to/from Reagan Intl (free shuttle). The shuttles were timely too! Food was pricey in the restaurants of course.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read you had an enjoyable stay and no, you did not look spacey. Our employees have been asked to make eye contact with every guest and see if there is any way help can be offered. I agree, the shuttles are very convenient. The Metro shuttle drop off is located close to the Pentagon Fashion Centre Mall as well as the TSA buildings. i am sorry you found the food outlet prices high, but hope you were able to enjoy some of the alternative options in the area. Thank you again for the review and I hope you return soon. As always, feel free to contact me anytime.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

I stay at Hilton properties all the time. Never have I stayed at one that had a pool that is only open from 5-10pm. I picked this hotel based on the amazing indoor pool on the roof only to find out I won't be able to use it when it is open. I called a manager who explained that they have to hire a lifeguard per local laws---so the hotel cheaped out in winter and only has the pool open at night. It would be better if they had morning hours and evening hours and closed it during the day.

The other otherwise is typical Doubletree, cookie, beds etc. All totally fine.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, January 21, 2011
Thank you for your review. I apologize the our pool winter hours did not work well with your schedule. I do want to note for anyone reading this review that the 5pm time that pool opens is only on the weekdays between Labor Day & Memorial Day. On all weekends (year round), holidays, and weekdays between Memorial Day & Labor Day the pool is open 10am - 10pm.

The explaination you received is partially right, but the reason for the hours is not because the hotel cheaped out. The operator was correct, Virginia law states that a lifeguard is required at all public pools. After Labor Day the pool gets very seldomly used during the weekdays until after 5pm. Prior to changing the open time to 5pm, the majority of week days between Labor Day & Memorial Day the pool would have absolutely no use prior to the evening. It did not make sense to keep it open. Had there been demand for it, of course we would keep the hours the same as the weekends when the demand is there.

I do hope you will return soon as I would love for you to be able to enjoy the hotel pool. Thank you again for the review and anyone reading my response can contact me anytime.