“Nice hotel, beautiful location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rates from $89!
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Stuttgart, Germany
“Nice hotel, beautiful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Hotel was great. Rooftop bar and view was tremendous. Ability to easily walk to Pentagon and Crystal City was very helpful. Supported visit to DC extremely well. Parking cost is high, but necessary for location.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Palm City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

While shuttle service to/from the airport was convenient, service personnel were pleasant and breakfast in the coffee shop was good, the room really needed refurbishing. Sheer draperies were starting to shred, lampshades were cracked and discolored and the hand towel rack in the bathroom was barely hanging on to the wall. When the room door closed, the tub plumbing access panel fell off the wall and into the closet. I gave up trying to put it back on.
Disappointing level of room furnishings that don't add luster to the Double Tree by Hilton brand.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for posting a review. Your wish is our command! Actually, we just started a rooms remodel project and soon will have the newest hotel rooms in Crystal City. We will work hard to maintain the top notch service you experienced to go along with the fresh room product so if you return we can exceed your expectations. I am very sorry that on this stay the room condition disappointed you.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Was there on a Monday night this past week. Close to a lot of shopping and restaurants. Rooms are standard but clean with the nice Hilton amenities. There is a lounge on top floor but didn't have time to check it out. It was a short visit for one night only. Staff I dealt with was very friendly and efficient.
Beautifuly decorated for holidays!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is nice to read that you had a positive stay experience and found our location to be convenient for your needs. Next time I hope you will go to the Skydome to take in the stunning view. Your comment on the staff is appreciated as they work hard to make a positive impact on each guests' stay.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Phoenix, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hotel was very convenient to Crystal/Pentagon City, DC, Reagan and Metro stations. Beautiful hotel and décor, amazing rooftop restaurant overlooking D.C.!Suite was recently renovated and very nice with an awesome view for the North facing rooms. Room was very loud, could hear people and kids 3 rooms away and doors constantly slamming down the hall. Also the HVAC was inconsistent, bedroom was very cold while living room was too hot.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to leave a review. I am so glad found our location to be to your liking. We are fortunate to be in a location that allows us to offer amazing views of Washington DC from many of our rooms and from the Skydome. It is nice to read that you found the views to be stunning.

I am sorry that the neighboring kids were loud and the room was not as comfortable as you would like. Next time please let us know so we can try to make it right while you are with us.

Cristal City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel location was very convenient. The shuttle service was very good. The restaurant was good and the view to the city was excellent. It was nice to turn around in the restaurant and admire the ful view of the city in a relax environment.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for posting a review. It is nice to read that you had a positive stay experience and found our hotel to be convenient for your needs. The Skydome does offer a unique vantage point to look out at Washington DC and I am glad you went up there to take advantage of the revolving floor to enjoy the stunning view.

Front Royal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Pros:

Water pressure is good in the shower.

Cons:
Beds not comfortable
Stains on ceiling
Closet door doesn't fit frame
Key card stops working
No free WiFi in room
Room service never cleaned
Heater hardly works
Elevator is a pain to use
Need to take 2 elevators to reach the restaurant
Restaurant is way overpriced
Shuttle service is late and entirely too slow. Walking is faster.
Shuttle only goes to two locations and doesn't even go to the metro directly without stopping at the Embassy Suites.
Location is not ideal. Must walk at least a mile in order to reach anything.
No bible in the night stand.
Only 3 pieces of paper on the notepad.
Bedside lights are bent
Room darkening curtains let light in.
Ridiculous fees at check-in
You can hear through the walls

Overall I would say the experience wasn't terrible, but I certainly won't be going back.
I've found much better quality for cheaper at other hotels

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your review. I am so glad you enjoyed the water pressure in the shower, but it is disappointing to read this was the only positive of your stay. I am very sorry that we let you down.

Thankfully, many of the items you mention are being addressed as we are currently in the midst of a room remodel project which will enable us soon to offer brand new rooms to our guests. However, there are some items on your list that we should clearly have done better for you. The shuttles run on a set schedule and in looking back at the logs over the past few weeks, it does not appear that they ran off schedule so I am unsure why you found this to be slow. Being we are only three blocks away, many guests really enjoy having the option of walking to the Metro if they need to go in between scheduled shuttle runs. We do share a shuttle with the Embassy Suites, which is located 1.5 blocks away. I am sorry if that brief stop inconvenienced you.

We have a brand new key system and since this was installed we have had very few instances of keys not working. This used to be a more frequent problem, but thankfully this challenge is not the norm. I notice in your reservation it is noted that being authorization could only be obtained for one night's payment at check in your keys were only made for one day. This is why your key had to be remade on the second day of your stay.

It is surprising to read that you found the bed to be uncomfortable. We receive so much positive feedback on how comfortable the beds are and even receive many inquiries as to what type of beds we have so guests can buy the same for their home. I am sorry that you were unable to be comfortable in the bed.

It is an exaggeration to say you must walk a mile to get anywhere as there is a major shopping mall within three blocks as is the Metro. This walk takes 7-10 minutes and we offer shuttle service to both. There are also other dining options within that three block walk. However, it is a shame that you were not fond of our location. Most hotels have stopped offering the bible, but I will note your suggestion to the corporate office as they prefer this to be uniform in each hotel so guests know what to expect. I wish you would have elaborated what fees you found to be ridiculous at check in so I could comment on that further. As with most hotels we take authorization or a deposit for room, tax, and incidentals. I am sorry you were not offered a replenished note pad as I can understand why that would be frustrating.

Thank you again for your review. I am truly sorry you left disappointed and hope you reconsider your decision not to return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed for a week on business trip. Overall experience was great, no complaints. They have a shuttle to Reagan National and a separate shuttle to the Pentagon City Metro station. Customer service was great.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and it is so nice to read that you had a positive experience while you were with us. I appreciate you mentioning the top notch customer service that you received.