“Great Job!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Fairfield, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Job!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Thank you so much for your assistance! After we checked out I realized I'd left valuable camera equipment in the room. I called and left a message with your Director of Security, Sandy Dalton, who found the items, called and told me, then mailed them to me right away. That says so much for your hotel and in the efficiency of your staff. Thank you!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on opposite side of the hotel from the freeway. Check for chargers plugged into p...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. I am so glad that your equipment was found and returned to you. While your comments are appreciated and we will recognize Sandy as well as the housekeeper that turned them in, I can honestly say it is not a surprise that this was returned. Our housekeeping staff finds and turns in all sorts of valuables left behind quite often and it means so much to our guests when they are returned.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

dori.familiant@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

From the moment we arrived at the Double Tree we were greeted with smiles and professionalism. The decor is modern and comfortable and the beds are large and soft.
The breakfast buffet was varied and a reasonable price and the little shop was also very helpful as I was attending a conference and didn't leave the hotel very much.
It is also an excellent position for sight seeing being just a short cab dive away from Lincoln Memorial, The White House and many of the Smithsonians. It also has a revolving roof top restaurant!
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would be happy to stay over and over again!

Room Tip: I am unsure as to which rooms to ask for, but I am sure they are all great, comfortable clean rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. It is wonderful to read about your positive stay experience. I am so glad you enjoyed the decor and the decor of the hotel. Your comment on the quality and price of the hotel is appreciated.

We are fortunate to be the closest Virginia hotel to Washington DC, making getting in the District for site-seeing very simple. The Skydome is an excellent way to unwind after a long day of touring. Many of our guests enjoy the stunning view and picking out all of the places they visited on their trip into Washington DC.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Leesburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I have always been pleased with Double Tree Hotels-those great cookies sure help! This one is in need of some updating. The common areas are spacious and nice, lots of seating spread throughout the main level. But the room and decor were a little tired, a solid 3 star. We'd reserved well in advance through a group rate and requested a king bed, but we got 2 doubles. The hotel has 2 towers, a north and a south tower, valet parking is encouraged and probably much easier. I did valet. Not much close by to walk to and not a great area to be out walking anyway. It's close to Reagan National Airport

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry that we did not live up to your prior Doubletree experiences. The feedback on the new look lobby/public area has been positive and our guests really enjoy the ample seating.

We are excited to have the remainder of our rooms remodeled soon as our guests really enjoy the decor of the ones already done. I am so sorry that your room type was not honored. We work very hard to ensure that does not happen and again apologize to you.

Many of our guests really enjoy having the option of self parking or valet parking. So many of our guests park their car (or do not even have a car) and walk quite often from the hotel to the mall, Metro, restaurants. and the Pentagon. I am sorry you did not feel safe to do so and hope you took advantage of the complimentary shuttle.

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This Double Tree is very nice with clean and spacious rooms along with a nice lobby bar and several eating options right in the hotel (though there are many restaurants in the surrounding area as well). But it was the service that made our visit extraordinary. Right from the start the check-in line was moving relatively slow and they immediately offered multiple free cookies for folks waiting too long. When we got to the front, they gave us free bottled water and they catered to our every need. We also accidentally got charged for parking when we hadn't used their on-site garage, and they immediately removed the charge (something many other hotels would likely refuse to refund). They made our stay fantastic. On top of that, there is a REALLY cool restaurant at the top of the hotel that gives you a panoramic view of Washington DC by spinning. With a view like that, they have every right to charge double the price of the food. Highly recommend staying here and even if you can't, then you should definitely check out the restaurant at the top!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your review. It is very rewarding to read that the service made the difference for you. We understand all hotels have beds, bathrooms and televisions, but firmly believe that it is the service that can set us apart. I am so happy this was your experience.

We try to keep the check in line moving quickly, but sometimes it can get long. I am so glad the Doubletree cookie while you waited helped make it less frustrating. I appreciate you recognizing the efforts of the front desk agents to make a positive impact on your stay.

The Skydome is a unique experience as there is not another rooftop revolving restaurant/lounge in the area. The view is stunning and we try to offer service and food to enhance the visit.

Thank you again for your review and for the recommendation! we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and please know that we will work just as hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Elmwood Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Great hotel. The staff was very accommodating and the cost was extremely reasonable. All of the Washington, D.C. attractions were only a stones throw away. Very conveniently located. Only stayed one night and enjoyed it. Also, great restaurants around the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is wonderful to read about your positive stay experience. Your comment on the staff is appreciated and I am so glad that you found our hotel's location to be convenient for your needs.

rochester, ny, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Every thing was perfect, from the ease of check in, to the extremely helpful concierge and very comfortable room. Very close to Pentagon City mall where you will find all kinds of food and refreshments, as well as shopping. P.S. the cookies are excellent

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. It is so nice to read about your positive stay experience. I appreciate you pointing out the quick check in and comfortable room. Joseph really looks for ways to be helpful and I am glad that he was able to help make a positive impact on your stay. We are fortunate to be in a location that is convenient to the Metro, airport, Washington DC, restaurants, the Pentagon, and more.

Thank you again for your review and please know that we will have more delicious Doubletree cookies waiting for you should you choose ro return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

leesburg, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The room was very tired felt like a roadside motel and not the quality hotel that I was expecting. I had also reserved a king size bed and got two double beds instead. Great location to the city. Even though you were within walking distance to restaurants it seemed pretty seedy and not safe to do so.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the Doubletree did not meet your expectations. We are excited to begin the remodel project on the remainder of our rooms that did not have a remodel in the previous phase. The feedback on our new look rooms has been positive and I hope you return to experience this.

We have so many guests and employees that walk to the Metro/Mall quite often. While it is always important to be safe when walking, I have not heard of any incidents that would lead people to believe it is unsafe, but I am sorry you felt this way.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.